Hostage situation in Australia....

I am deeply saddened by events in Sydney. My prayers are with the families of those murdered and hurt. Seems that the police went in as soon as they heard gunfire; he had killed two by the time he was sent to hell.

There are some very valid questions being asked about why this scum was allowed to be at large after a long history of what I consider to be murder and violence. Yes: he was from Iran and to Roadrunner; our courts and Parole System are being questioned again; let me just say that those questions are already being addressed. I had hoped for a peaceful outcome. And yes: I asked about why a sniper didn't take him out when he was in the window. That will be answered in due course. The last thing we should do is give this dead maggot any oxygen for his "cause".

Greg

his "cause"-----did the bastard have a following?
did Iran fund him? I do not believe that he
acted ENTIRELY ALONE_--

I don't know the answers yet. Early morning here and I woke to this news; frankly the way it was going when i went to bed I expected a different outcome. I can only surmise that the gunman was killed when he started shooting hostages. That he is now dead also is no consolation. Two innocents died and the focus should be on what could and should have been done to prevent it. This is not the first time of late that known dangerous crims have murdered while on parole or while awaiting trial.

Greg
Western society is way too lenient in regard to giving probation, parole, and granting bail to, violent people.

I am deeply saddened by events in Sydney. My prayers are with the families of those murdered and hurt. Seems that the police went in as soon as they heard gunfire; he had killed two by the time he was sent to hell.

There are some very valid questions being asked about why this scum was allowed to be at large after a long history of what I consider to be murder and violence. Yes: he was from Iran and to Roadrunner; our courts and Parole System are being questioned again; let me just say that those questions are already being addressed. I had hoped for a peaceful outcome. And yes: I asked about why a sniper didn't take him out when he was in the window. That will be answered in due course. The last thing we should do is give this dead maggot any oxygen for his "cause".

Greg

his "cause"-----did the bastard have a following?
did Iran fund him? I do not believe that he
acted ENTIRELY ALONE_--

I don't know the answers yet. Early morning here and I woke to this news; frankly the way it was going when i went to bed I expected a different outcome. I can only surmise that the gunman was killed when he started shooting hostages. That he is now dead also is no consolation. Two innocents died and the focus should be on what could and should have been done to prevent it. This is not the first time of late that known dangerous crims have murdered while on parole or while awaiting trial.

Greg
Western society is way too lenient in regard to giving probation, parole, and granting bail to, violent people.
I totally agree. We have had several high profile cases lately where violent crims on parole have murdered again. We've tightened the Laws in my state but NSW and Victoria are still a bit behind. It is VERY controversial here.

Greg

Since this thread is another one thats turned into a gun control debate in America, Im wondering, being a Brit, what you think the likelyhood is that out of 30 random customers in the average US Starbucks, that one of them would be armed.

Honest question, no flaming needed.

Honest answer, probably none. If I were the manager of a Starbucks, I would be the only one at the store that was armed.

Question:

Was this guy an Australian citizen ?

If not, with his past history, why was he allowed to stay ?
PC=Pussy communists!!!!

Australia has gone "liberal'.

We have our fair bloody share of those that's for sure!! But we keep up the good fight!!

Greg
Out there in the middle of nowhere, I can't believe you people aren't required to keep a military weapon, 1,000 rounds, a train once a year.

Hell, whole jetliners disappear off your coast and not a trace is found.

Aliens could have colonies out in the outback, and nobody would know.

; - )

Should the Australians be concerned that by killing this jihadi....they are going to help the recruiting efforts of terrorist groups?

No way, according to the liberals the only thing that pisses them off is water boarding one of them.

Regarding deporting unwanted scum:

See UN declaration on human rights, articles 14 and 15. Thus: It is against international law to render a person stateless once they have been granted citizenship. So, ya canna deport em.

Hmmmm. Methinks the rationale for these laws needs to be overhauled. Its a long time since ww2. Ill bet even the Israelis wouldnt object to such an overhaul....

Here is a return question....do you think this would have been a 16 hour hostage situation if one or more customers in the Starbucks had been armed?

Tragic day for Sydney.........tragic day for Australia

This shows that the cancer of Islamic terrorism knows no frontiers.

No matter how long it takes...... these bloody jihadists will be defeated!

My heart goes to the victims and their families.

I wonder why the rescue took so long?

Leaving the religion of this wacko aside, I don't get how someone who's obviously not stable, was charged with assisting murder, AND sexual attack on multiple women, gets a free card? This is just weird.

Neither can I. He was out on bail? What idiot judge would allow that??

A question we have asked a lot of late.

But first to pay our respects to the dead and injured. Recriminations can wait....for now.

Those questions are already in the media here.

Greg

Here is a return question....do you think this would have been a 16 hour hostage situation if one or more customers in the Starbucks had been armed?

I can't say. It may have been shorter but bloodier. Depends on the aim of the shooter.

Greg

Question:

PC=Pussy communists!!!!

We have our fair bloody share of those that's for sure!! But we keep up the good fight!!

Greg
Out there in the middle of nowhere, I can't believe you people aren't required to keep a military weapon, 1,000 rounds, a train once a year.

; - )

We are the most urbanised nation on earth. When I go to the "middle of nowhere" I have access to a weapon. Haven't seen many aliens of late.

Greg

Question:

PC=Pussy communists!!!!

Greg

; - )

We are the most urbanised nation on earth. When I go to the "middle of nowhere" I have access to a weapon. Haven't seen many aliens of late.

Greg

Of course you haven't seen them.
You haven't seen that missing jet either.
Coincidence???
I think not!
; - )

It was stated he had on a backpack as well as a vest. If they thought he had rigged himself, would they have done that? He had said he had a couple of bombs with him.
A skilled sniper could have put an end to this at this point, one shot one kill. No one would have been injured.

240E265F00000578-2873855-A_man_believed_to_be_one_of_the_hostage_takers_was_filmed_wearin-a-40_1418607805766.jpg
Thank you, I started at beginning of thread.

Why the Hell didn't they just off him, afraid of offending Muslims?

I wonder why the rescue took so long?

Leaving the religion of this wacko aside, I don't get how someone who's obviously not stable, was charged with assisting murder, AND sexual attack on multiple women, gets a free card? This is just weird.

Neither can I. He was out on bail? What idiot judge would allow that??

A question we have asked a lot of late.

But first to pay our respects to the dead and injured. Recriminations can wait....for now.

Those questions are already in the media here.

Greg

Sympathies to the families on this tough day, hopefully no further harm comes to the Australian people:(

The maniac was on bail for murder. Who bailed him out? Who gave him the shotgun? He was sentenced to "community service" after being convicted of sending hate mail to the families of Aussie Soldiers who were killed in battle. What kind of community service could the maniac complete? The situation is a lot like Army Major Hasan in the US who showed all the signs of being out of control and converted to anti-America radical islam but the Army was afraid to do anything about it until it was too late just like the Australian government was sensitive about Islamic craziness and failed to do anything about it until it was too late.

Obviously not. Someone would have placed a bullet where it belonged.
But, on the other hand, if he had been in the US (assuming thats where the hypothetical Starbucks is), he'd have probably been able to be more prepared and and might have walked in and simply sprayed the shop with assault weapon gunfire (after his flag waving nonsense).

Im not trying to score any points here, cos I dont know the answer. Its a complicated issue.

Maybe we are all exacerbating the problem by talking about it. There is or was a gun siege going on in Belgium at the same time that had or has nothing to do with Muslim terrorism that most of the worlds media have completely ignored.

Personally I dont think Isis would exist without the oxygen of publicity that can be obtained with modern telecommunications and social media, but whadda ya do? We got facebook etc. and have to live with it.

The only thing that is clear to me is that 'modern', 'western' secular societies can not live together with people who think the answer to all questions can be found in books written a long time ago, in a place far, far away.

She was one of 17 people taken hostage. A number of posts appeared on her Facebook page on Monday describing the situation in the cafe.

Siege survivor Marcia Mikhael was inundated with messages of support on Facebook from both friends and strangers after being carried from the Lindt Cafe with what appeared to be leg injuries.

Ms Mikhael, a 43-year-old mother of three from Glenwood in Sydney's north west, is a project manager at the Westpac building opposite the cafe at Martin Place.

"Dear friends and family," one message wrote.

"I'm at the Lindt Café at Martin Place being held hostage by a member of the ISI. The man who is keeping us hostage has asked for small and simple requests and none have been met.

"He is now threatening to start killing us. We need help right now. The man wants the world to know that Australia is under attack by the Islamic State."

Later, another chilling message appeared: "He is going to kill us".

Sydney siege ends survivor Marcia Mikhael s messages of hope

How terrifying it must have been!
I understand there were several he had post messages online.

Forum List

Back