Horrifying: Muslims Massacre Dozens Of U.S. K9 Trained German Shepherd Bomb-Sniffing Dogs In Kuwait

It's just one of the other things that I despise about Muslims. They do not like dogs.

Don't get carried away, the United States puts down thousands of dogs a year and I don't hear you complaining about it.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Not really Lucy.

I live in a state with some of the crappiest rates for animal welfare. Our shelters - for those counties that actually HAVE shelters - routinely put healthy adoptable animals down simply because no one wants them. Entire litters of puppies end up being euthanized. People still drown kittens. Spay and neuter policies are improving but far from widespread. Dogs live out their lives tied to chains. That's a reality around here. :(

Agree.

Often times animals are used and abused in this country, people don't bother to get their animals fixes and they end up unnecessarily being put to sleep.

It's a horrible thing, to go to the shelter (and those people care) and evaluate animals to go to a rescue in the NE where there are more homes...and have to see entire litters of puppies turned in...or worse, a litter and the mother, and the litter gets taken and the mother left behind (wtf?). Or "kitten season" - yes, there is a kitten season - litter after litter. Most get put down.

No one is justifying the atrocity committed on these animals. Again, read the OP before acting like an ass.
Try doing something you have never done before.......deal with the facts as presented not the way you wish them to be..

Question again...where does it state the her mission regarding the animals is directly connected to her being Muslim....if she is in fact Muslim.

Again. Try looking at this thread. A thread which claims that Muslims (as a whole) hate dogs (a claim have no issue with).

I point out that isn't universally true (yet you will insist on broad brushing or at least not finding fault with the OP's premise).

I bring up Vafa - a shelter run by a group of dedicated Iranians that I personally support - a group that is attempting to make a difference in a part of the world where the government is extremely hostile to dogs.

Your response? Prove they are Muslim. Iran is 99.4% Muslim. Chances are the people that run this, care for the dogs and adopt the dogs are Muslim. If you care more about hating Muslims then you care about improving conditions for dogs in Iran - then that is your choice. Vafa is attempting to make a difference and I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that they are likely run by Muslims.
I called you out on YOUR claim......

You called me out on nothing.
That is exactly what you have....nothing...as usual.

Madam you just got your ass handed to you...:uhoh3::itsok:

Unless you wish to prove your claim.

Your hypocrisy is duly noted.

It's just one of the other things that I despise about Muslims. They do not like dogs.

Don't get carried away, the United States puts down thousands of dogs a year and I don't hear you complaining about it.

No, I'm comparing people who don't give a shit about dogs to people who don't give a shit about dogs.

Those dogs have to be euthanised because homes cannot be found for them, they're not being euthanised because people don't like them and consider them "spiritually unclean"

Apples and oranges.

Really? People give up their dogs all the time, sometimes they don't have room, sometimes the dog is just a nuisance. We have stories over here all the time about abused dogs and many in this country refuse to have their dog fixed and their are no homes for their off spring. Many simply don't give a shit enough to spend 50 bucks to fix their dog.

The cruelty and hatred towards dogs in Muslim countries is just too widespread.

If they chop human heads off as if it was nothing.....you think they will care about poor animals?

Savages, that's all they are.

It is no different than the treatment of street dogs in many third world countries and even supposedly civilized countries - don't you remember the hoopla over Russia's attempted extermination of street dogs during the Olympics? Dogs in the west are fortunate, very fortunate compared to their counterparts in many areas of the world. At least they don't end up stuffed into cages and sold for dinner.

Not really Lucy.

I live in a state with some of the crappiest rates for animal welfare. Our shelters - for those counties that actually HAVE shelters - routinely put healthy adoptable animals down simply because no one wants them. Entire litters of puppies end up being euthanized. People still drown kittens. Spay and neuter policies are improving but far from widespread. Dogs live out their lives tied to chains. That's a reality around here. :(

Agree.

Often times animals are used and abused in this country, people don't bother to get their animals fixes and they end up unnecessarily being put to sleep.

It's a horrible thing, to go to the shelter (and those people care) and evaluate animals to go to a rescue in the NE where there are more homes...and have to see entire litters of puppies turned in...or worse, a litter and the mother, and the litter gets taken and the mother left behind (wtf?). Or "kitten season" - yes, there is a kitten season - litter after litter. Most get put down.

Yep, I've always wanted to volunteer at a shelter...I just can't do it. They truly are heros and there is a lot of sad stories in those places.

Totally agree on cats, my understanding is it's even worse.

No, I'm comparing people who don't give a shit about dogs to people who don't give a shit about dogs.

Those dogs have to be euthanised because homes cannot be found for them, they're not being euthanised because people don't like them and consider them "spiritually unclean"

Apples and oranges.

Really? People give up their dogs all the time, sometimes they don't have room, sometimes the dog is just a nuisance. We have stories over here all the time about abused dogs and many in this country refuse to have their dog fixed and their are no homes for their off spring. Many simply don't give a shit enough to spend 50 bucks to fix their dog.

It sucks.

Not really Lucy.

Agree.

Yep, I've always wanted to volunteer at a shelter...I just can't do it. They truly are heros and there is a lot of sad stories in those places.

I admire many of the shelter managers I work with - it's heart breaking having to put down animals that are healthy and loving and yet it happens. I work with several different rescues who will take WV dogs - and being able to move them out of state has helped reduce euthanasia rates, but of course with out responsible ownership and spay neuter ethics...it won't change much :dunno:

Try doing something you have never done before.......deal with the facts as presented not the way you wish them to be..

Question again...where does it state the her mission regarding the animals is directly connected to her being Muslim....if she is in fact Muslim.

Again. Try looking at this thread. A thread which claims that Muslims (as a whole) hate dogs (a claim have no issue with).

I point out that isn't universally true (yet you will insist on broad brushing or at least not finding fault with the OP's premise).

I bring up Vafa - a shelter run by a group of dedicated Iranians that I personally support - a group that is attempting to make a difference in a part of the world where the government is extremely hostile to dogs.

Your response? Prove they are Muslim. Iran is 99.4% Muslim. Chances are the people that run this, care for the dogs and adopt the dogs are Muslim. If you care more about hating Muslims then you care about improving conditions for dogs in Iran - then that is your choice. Vafa is attempting to make a difference and I'm sorry if you don't like the fact that they are likely run by Muslims.

Your total fail on your assertion is the norm and will be forgotten until next time:itsok:

:laugh:

Your total fail on your assertion is the norm and will be forgotten until next time:itsok:

Whatever you say dude.

Apples and oranges.

It sucks.

Yeah, every dog and cat I've ever had has either been from a shelter or stray. Sad places to go to, where I live there are two big shelters, one is new, clean and basically not a shithole. The other is older, smaller with double the number of dogs and just so happens to be where people go to turn in their pets is so depressing, it's a guilt trip to walk out of there without saving someone.

Whatever you say dude.
It is what YOU said, coyote, not me. I asked you to prove your assertion and you waffled.

Not really Lucy.

Agree.

I admire many of the shelter managers I work with - it's heart breaking having to put down animals that are healthy and loving and yet it happens. I work with several different rescues who will take WV dogs - and being able to move them out of state has helped reduce euthanasia rates, but of course with out responsible ownership and spay neuter ethics...it won't change much :dunno:

"but of course with out responsible ownership and spay neuter ethics..."

Both important and crucial points, some people shouldn't have an animal unless they know how to care for it properly.

Not really Lucy.

Agree.

If you cannot volunteer, own a rescue. I have two rescue dogs.

Not really Lucy.

Agree.

If you cannot volunteer, own a rescue. I have two rescue dogs.

I have two rescues and a stray. I've only had one or the other my entire adult life.

Apples and oranges.

It sucks.

Yeah, every dog and cat I've ever had has either been from a shelter or stray. Sad places to go to, where I live there are two big shelters, one is new, clean and basically not a shithole. The other is older, smaller with double the number of dogs and just so happens to be where people go to turn in their pets is so depressing, it's a guilt trip to walk out of there without saving someone.
Not really Lucy.

Agree.

"but of course with out responsible ownership and spay neuter ethics..."

Both important and crucial points, some people shouldn't have an animal unless they know how to care for it properly.

That would be the ideal...but unfortunately, not the reality :(

Friday, I picked up a new foster - he came from a very small, rural shelter that was underfunded, dirty, but trying very hard to help their animals. He is a lucky boy...he's friendly, goofy, no issues. He won't have a problem finding a good home. Our problems don't begin to approach those in countries like Iran or India, or many others where street dogs are vermin.

This is my foster - Taylor, inventing his own toys (after he grabbed and unrolled some platic fencing)

I posted Vafa, and they give a good accounting of what life is like for street dogs in Iran and what they are trying to do. They've even rescued dogs hit by cars and paralyzed (people will deliberately hit them).

But here is some more, a group in India trying to make a difference - street dogs suffer horribly :(
Homeless dog dying from hideous skin disease saved by Indian animal rescuers

Not really Lucy.

Agree.

I have seen all of the good works you do (you know how) for displaced and cruelly treated animals. I very much admire you for that Missy. ♥♥♥♥

There are many ways you can n...often people think it means fostering, but many can't foster. Other ways of volunteering can be helping with transports, evaluating dogs at shelters, or -
Not really Lucy.

Agree.

I have seen all of the good works you do (you know how) for displaced and cruelly treated animals. I very much admire you for that Missy. ♥♥♥♥

Thanks Kat :) It's my passion, and it doesn't even begin to compare to what my friend in Vermont does - but each person does what they can. My latest foster (as you can guess from you know where) is a hoot! My own dogs are kind of annoyed with him...he just wants to play but....
Ruger: Bugger off kid...
Rosalee: I'm the Queen, bow down, don't effing kiss me ok?
Dash: Don't come near my bone kid...
Hazel: wanders around myopic...but she's coming on 14 so that's ok....

;)

There are many ways you can n...often people think it means fostering, but many can't foster. Other ways of volunteering can be helping with transports, evaluating dogs at shelters, or -
Agree.

Thanks Kat :) It's my passion, and it doesn't even begin to compare to what my friend in Vermont does - but each person does what they can. My latest foster (as you can guess from you know where) is a hoot! My own dogs are kind of annoyed with him...he just wants to play but....
Ruger: Bugger off kid...
Rosalee: I'm the Queen, bow down, don't effing kiss me ok?
Dash: Don't come near my bone kid...
Hazel: wanders around myopic...but she's coming on 14 so that's ok....

;)

I know it is your passion without you even telling it. I have seen the proof. Love it too. :)

Forum List

Back