Homer gets cancelled.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

Cancel culture versus literature

On December 27, the Wall Street Journal published the article “Even Homer Gets Mobbed.” (It’s always a pleasant surprise whenever the MSM writes anything decent.) It begins:

A sustained effort is under way to deny children access to literature. Under the slogan #DisruptTexts, critical-theory ideologues, schoolteachers and Twitter agitators are purging and propagandizing against classic texts — everything from Homer to F. Scott Fitzgerald to Dr. Seuss.

The insanity grows.

First!

3a116884945f870924f1ffd3f36fc015.png

Our culture and civilization is going to be erased. It will be replaced with the single most fucked up place on this planet. It will be a utter failure and will replace the worst parts of africa.

So go ahead and support this shit as your children will live in their own shit because of your choice.

Oh man, not Homer! Everyone needs to read The Illiad
Name something more important.
Give me a minute or so.............................
1613728422846.png

1613729406182.png

OK; maybe a few but not many.

Greg

Attachments

• 1613728540286.png
    1613728540286.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
But I thought everything had been cancelled by now.

We really should try and figure out what has not been cancelled, That would make for a much shorter list, but whatever.

But I thought everything had been cancelled by now.

We really should try and figure out what has not been cancelled, That would make for a much shorter list, but whatever.
Nothing has been cancelled it is merely a suggestion. Try reading the article.

"Refining the curriculum "..............yep; cancelled!!!

Greg

I have never heard of a Western Teacher that strictly sticks with the curriculum. No Teacher worth their salts will. But they will loosely stay withing those bounds. I was "Subjected" to Homer but I also knew it was fiction based on some facts. An English Major doesn't read it for content, they read it for writing style. And it's one of the very best.

You can stop your "Victim" ranting anytime now.

Greg

I have never heard of a Western Teacher that strictly sticks with the curriculum. No Teacher worth their salts will. But they will loosely stay withing those bounds. I was "Subjected" to Homer but I also knew it was fiction based on some facts. An English Major doesn't read it for content, they read it for writing style. And it's one of the very best.

I hated reading Dante's "The Inferno".

When I first saw the name of this chat, I thought that it was going to be about the Simpsons TV show getting the axe.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. For real though, how much longer is it going to go on for? Its been on for like 30 years now.

Greg

I hated reading Dante's "The Inferno".

I was a bit morbid back then and didn't have a problem with it. I enjoyed the read. But William S. I never cared for although I now know it was some pretty damned good writing.

Forum List

Back