Homeless People Can Sue for $1,000 if 'Harassed' Under New Oregon Bill

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
What an insane bill.
Under this bill, the way it was explained to me, if a "homeless" person for instance decided to camp out (take over) in a public space, like under an overpass, they would be allowed to stay there.
This state is so mother fucking insane, it absolutely galls me that I made the colossal mistake of putting down career roots here!

A newly proposed law in Oregon would allow the homeless to sue municipalities for as much as $1,000 per violation as part of a new initiative to decriminalize homelessness. Sponsored by Beaverton-area Democratic Representative Farrah Chaichi, House Bill 3501—otherwise known as the "Right to Rest Act"—would allow anyone experiencing homelessness to use public spaces in "the same manner as any other person" without discrimination for their housing status, including the right to a reasonable expectation of privacy even if they are living in a public space.

Times sure have changed. Vagrancy used to not be tolerated out west.

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

What an insane bill.
Under this bill, the way it was explained to me, if a "homeless" person for instance decided to camp out (take over) in a public space, like under an overpass, they would be allowed to stay there.
This state is so mother fucking insane, it absolutely galls me that I made the colossal mistake of putting down career roots here!

Awesome! We need WAY more of this in blue cities across the country. Bankrupt them even quicker!

I have a right under the First Amendment to call them "fucking bum" regardless of what state they leech off of.

What an insane bill.

too bad you hate homeless people (the have nots) and think, apparently, that they should all have the power to magically disappear so as to make the Haves' lives better

I have a right under the First Amendment to call them "fucking bum" regardless of what state they leech off of.

I don't think that's considered Politically Correct nowadays. On FB, I got bounced out of a news group because I referred to the bum population of a city as "bums". I didn't even call them "fucking bums" and still was scolded by a liberal karen.

Forum List

Back