Hollywood Celebrities Plead With Movie Fans: Please Go Back To Theaters

The motion picture industry has largely told Deplorable Americans to "F off" and not show up, as they seek to cater to a woke, urbane, sophisticated liberal audience.

Any actors who embrace conservatism are immediately blacklisted, even successful ones like Mel Gibson.
Mel was blacklisted because he drove drunk and went on a misogynistic and anti-Semitic rant.

That's why he got blacklisted.

Or do you think it's acceptable to call a female police officer who is doing her job "Sugar Tits"?

Really, the fault for the decline in movies belongs to the left, they egged the film industry on to go far left, but then they don't support.

Just like with the Dixie Chicks, who told conservative fans to get lost as they wanted liberal listeners only. And the libs didn't tune in or buy concert tickets.

So let me get this straight... the Dixie Chicks deserve to be blacklisted because they criticized a war that even Conservatives admit now was a bad idea.

But Mel can scream racist obscentities at a female police officer and he's the victim here?

Old television classics like the original Star Trek were great in their day and time...they usually had at least 5 different themes in one episode that today will have half of one theme.

Star Trek was pretty liberal for it's time.

Frankly, I love the original Star Trek.

But The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine are MUCH better shows.

The motion picture industry has largely told Deplorable Americans to "F off" and not show up, as they seek to cater to a woke, urbane, sophisticated liberal audience.

Any actors who embrace conservatism are immediately blacklisted, even successful ones like Mel Gibson.
Mel was blacklisted because he drove drunk and went on a misogynistic and anti-Semitic rant.

Or do you think it's acceptable to call a female police officer who is doing her job "Sugar Tits"?

Really, the fault for the decline in movies belongs to the left, they egged the film industry on to go far left, but then they don't support.

Just like with the Dixie Chicks, who told conservative fans to get lost as they wanted liberal listeners only. And the libs didn't tune in or buy concert tickets.

So let me get this straight... the Dixie Chicks deserve to be blacklisted because they criticized a war that even Conservatives admit now was a bad idea.

But Mel can scream racist obscentities at a female police officer and he's the victim here?

Old television classics like the original Star Trek were great in their day and time...they usually had at least 5 different themes in one episode that today will have half of one theme.

The Dixie Chicks weren't Black Listed at all.

That's the point.

The DC's decided they were embarrassed of their previous conservative listeners and told them to listen to something else as they find new, urban, more sophisticated fans. Conservatives tend not to stay around where they aren't wanted. That's just the conservative mind set.

I have never heard of a Normative couples suing homo bakeries who refuse to bake a cake celebrating straight marriage.

That's because conservatives just look for those who will do it, not looking to destroy people.

That's the point.

Radio stations stopped playing their songs.
Music promoters stopped booking their concerts.

How is that not blacklisting?

The DC's decided they were embarrassed of their previous conservative listeners and told them to listen to something else as they find new, urban, more sophisticated fans. Conservatives tend not to stay around where they aren't wanted. That's just the conservative mind set.

Except the Chicks never said that. The thing they said that got them into trouble was that they were embarrassed that George W. Stupid launched an unprovoked war against a largely defenseless country.

And today, you would find very few people who would argue that the Iraq War was a good idea, but the Chicks were penalized for saying it first.

I have never heard of a Normative couples suing homo bakeries who refuse to bake a cake celebrating straight marriage.

That's because conservatives just look for those who will do it, not looking to destroy people.

No, that's because a gay bakery wouldn't refuse good money to bake a cake for straight people.

In fact, straight people are perfectly fine with gays styling their hair and decorating their homes and entertaining them on TV. Most of them are fine with them getting married, too... but man, some people just can't let go of their bigotry.

If you like uncreative cookie cutter nonstop action with no story and lots of stupid CGI of jumping out of 6 story buildings and landing on your feet and running away, you’ll have a blast at movie theaters.

Um, okay. Are you seriously arguing you don't like movies because they aren't "realisitic"? That's the point. We've wanted to see these unrealistic characters since the movies began. That's why it's called escapism.

You must be one of those folks who think everything sucks now and it all used to be better. That’s lazy. There are great movies and entertaining movies being made. Yes there are commercial money grabs that are poor attempts but there are great movies being made.

Point well taken. Somone will wax nostalgic for that golden memory.

Let's take 1977. We all remember Star Wars came out in 1977.

Here's a list of other movies that came out in 1977. Some of them were real stinkers.

Now, Hollywood does produce a lot of crap.

The thing about this Black Widow movie, is if you ask me what the plot of if was next year, I'll have a hard time remember key plot points because it wasn't that memorable.
So you need to see the details of decapitation to know someone was killed in a movie? Modern vs old is irrelevant except for the fact people could create better movies in the past. Picking the 70’s is interesting because that’s when the talent began a rapid decline.

There’s little talent in the movie making business today. It’s putting CGI shock value in to cover up the fact it’s written poorly. There’s dozens of war movies that are PG-13. Mostly older because today Hollyweird has no talent. Are there good movies these days? Yes, but only a few.

Thus no one is going to the movies anymore, thus the OP.

That's the point.

Except the Chicks never said that. The thing they said that got them into trouble was that they were embarrassed that George W. Stupid launched an unprovoked war against a largely defenseless country.

And today, you would find very few people who would argue that the Iraq War was a good idea, but the Chicks were penalized for saying it first.

No, that's because a gay bakery wouldn't refuse good money to bake a cake for straight people.

In fact, straight people are perfectly fine with gays styling their hair and decorating their homes and entertaining them on TV. Most of them are fine with them getting married, too... but man, some people just can't let go of their bigotry.
And Cosby reruns are no longer played.
Sometimes the public learns things about celebrities that turn them off and they fall into irrelevancy.

That's the point.

Why would any radio station play music that offends their listeners? Would a Jewish radio station play the latest rap tune from Adolf and the Aryans? Would a black radio station play the soulful sounds of Ku Klux and the Klan?

Probably not, and a group that attacks Bush people by calling him "George W. Stupid" isn't going to make it with GOP listeners either.

As far as homo bakeries out there baking cakes celebrating Heterosexuality, I will test your theory when I get a chance. But I don't know of any homo bakeries around here, so there may be a delay.

Do you really think that they would want to create me a cake celebrate Normal Marriage and God's destruction of the Gay community in Sodom?

That's the point.

What do you consider black listing?

The country radio stations refused to play their songs, fans stopped buying their CDs and attending their concerts because of their public statements. It was one of the worst career moves in the entertainment industry in history!

So you need to see the details of decapitation to know someone was killed in a movie? Modern vs old is irrelevant except for the fact people could create better movies in the past. Picking the 70’s is interesting because that’s when the talent began a rapid decline.

Actually, I picked 1977 because most of the movies that came out that year were crap. Go down that list, you might be able to pick out five that were considered "Great". Same thing today. Hollywood puts out a lot of content... Maybe a handful will be considered "classics". The rest is product.

There’s little talent in the movie making business today. It’s putting CGI shock value in to cover up the fact it’s written poorly. There’s dozens of war movies that are PG-13. Mostly older because today Hollyweird has no talent. Are there good movies these days? Yes, but only a few.
CGI is a tool.

I'm not sure why you are babbling about war movies, war movies back in the "classic era" were pretty antiseptic. Even a film like Patton. If anything, modern war movies are more realistic.

Thus no one is going to the movies anymore, thus the OP.

Really? Black Widow made $100 million. This is for a C-List Marvel character.

And Cosby reruns are no longer played.
Sometimes the public learns things about celebrities that turn them off and they fall into irrelevancy.

And sometime they don't.

I think you can all stop whining about "Cancel Culture" now.

Why would any radio station play music that offends their listeners? Would a Jewish radio station play the latest rap tune from Adolf and the Aryans? Would a black radio station play the soulful sounds of Ku Klux and the Klan?

Not even a good analogy, but let's go on.

Probably not, and a group that attacks Bush people by calling him "George W. Stupid" isn't going to make it with GOP listeners either.

Except now the GOP has turned on Dubya, after the Bush family started criticizing Trump, so you are a fickle lot.

As far as homo bakeries out there baking cakes celebrating Heterosexuality, I will test your theory when I get a chance. But I don't know of any homo bakeries around here, so there may be a delay.
Short answer- you just lied. Got it.

Do you really think that they would want to create me a cake celebrate Normal Marriage and God's destruction of the Gay community in Sodom?

How would all of that go on a cake.

As for Sodom, I am wondering why God killed all the gay people, but was perfectly fine with Lot, who was willing to offer his daughters up for gang rape before having drunken sex with them himself.

Not even a good analogy, but let's go on.

Except now the GOP has turned on Dubya, after the Bush family started criticizing Trump, so you are a fickle lot.

Short answer- you just lied. Got it.

How would all of that go on a cake.

As for Sodom, I am wondering why God killed all the gay people, but was perfectly fine with Lot, who was willing to offer his daughters up for gang rape before having drunken sex with them himself.

Almighty God was pissed that the Gay Community in Sodom tried to convert His holy angels to their lifestyle. Especially when they were supposed to be on duty at the time.

Further, the people of Sodom were proud and open about their lifestyle. They named their city after a sex act, Sodom is short for "sodomy". Not a healthy obsession at all- just like the folks in the city of Bumphuck , Egypt or Intercourse, PA.

Dixie Chicks lost their fan base... meaning no one wanted to listen to them anymore. Their political rant cost them their fans. People were tearing up concert tickets publicly. Ones they had already paid for. They weren't going to sell anymore. Album sales dropped. Advertisers didn't want to have spots next to their songs on the radio.

They blacklisted themselves.

Which brings up the point.
We pay for what we want to see and hear. And I don't want to see a bunch of Woke Crap...I don't want to see another snow white movie starring a black or Asian woman.

In some places it doesn't matter... Hamilton was a great example...loved it. (As soon as you figured out who was who) But it's mostly a Musical discussing historical events. And finding that many people for a Broadway musical who are truly talented is difficult. The shocker again was that it's a subsidiarity of Disney. But it too was brilliant... Thomas Jefferson though wasn't exactly as evil as portrayed in it...but otherwise it was a great production.

And if Hollywood wants great stories about people of color....then they need to find authors willing to write those stories inspired by exemplary behavior. They need true talent and not the latest trendy gimmick of political correctness to sell a movie.

AND

Most of Hollywood would write better stories if they knew the Bible.... ALL of the classics are based on stories and themes written there. There's some they haven't done yet...but some of these themes are over 5,000 years old...still gets you on your feet cheering when realized.

Almighty God was pissed that the Gay Community in Sodom tried to convert His holy angels to their lifestyle. Especially when they were supposed to be on duty at the time.

Further, the people of Sodom were proud and open about their lifestyle. They named their city after a sex act, Sodom is short for "sodomy". Not a healthy obsession at all- just like the folks in the city of Bumphuck , Egypt or Intercourse, PA.

I think you are a little confused. Sodomy was named after Sodom, not the other way around. The word comes from the ancient Hebrew "chedum", meaning a burnt place. What the city was called contemporaneously is unknown, if it even existed. (which is doubtful).

But more to the point, let's look at the story. The two Angels visit Lot. The city gathers at Lot's door and demands that he send them out so they may "know" them. (Hebrew word "yadda", which can mean to know someone or to have sex with them, it's used intermittently for both in the bible)

Might be a reasonable request, you have these two strangers in town, you don't know who they are.

Lot's response is to immediately offer up his two daughters for gang rape, because he was such a moral guy God had to save. It's even questionable if they were actually virgins, because later in the text, he tries to get their husbands to leave with them.

Well, after God blows up the city, Lot, the GOOD MORAL PERSON that God had to send two angels to save, then proceeds to get drunk and have sex with his daughters.

I think you are a little confused. Sodomy was named after Sodom, not the other way around. The word comes from the ancient Hebrew "chedum", meaning a burnt place. What the city was called contemporaneously is unknown, if it even existed. (which is doubtful).

But more to the point, let's look at the story. The two Angels visit Lot. The city gathers at Lot's door and demands that he send them out so they may "know" them. (Hebrew word "yadda", which can mean to know someone or to have sex with them, it's used intermittently for both in the bible)

Might be a reasonable request, you have these two strangers in town, you don't know who they are.

Lot's response is to immediately offer up his two daughters for gang rape, because he was such a moral guy God had to save. It's even questionable if they were actually virgins, because later in the text, he tries to get their husbands to leave with them.

Well, after God blows up the city, Lot, the GOOD MORAL PERSON that God had to send two angels to save, then proceeds to get drunk and have sex with his daughters.
To be engaged to be married was considered already married in scripture.

Lot was going to give up his daughter instead of the Messengers of God.

Dixie Chicks lost their fan base... meaning no one wanted to listen to them anymore. Their political rant cost them their fans. People were tearing up concert tickets publicly. Ones they had already paid for. They weren't going to sell anymore. Album sales dropped. Advertisers didn't want to have spots next to their songs on the radio.

They blacklisted themselves.

Okay. So let's look at that. They didn't change their songs. They didn't change their act. They one time questioned the wisdom of a war that everyone now agrees was a terrible idea.

Which brings up the point.
We pay for what we want to see and hear. And I don't want to see a bunch of Woke Crap...I don't want to see another snow white movie starring a black or Asian woman.

How is anything taken out of the story by making her Asian?

The funny thing is, we change stories all the time. The original Snow White is actually kind of a creepy story. The Prince didn't want to wake her up, he just wanted to keep her as a showpiece. There are regional variations on the story that spread all over Europe.

In some versions, the Evil Queen is Snow White's mother. Ugh. A lot of them don't have Dwarves.

In some places it doesn't matter... Hamilton was a great example...loved it. (As soon as you figured out who was who) But it's mostly a Musical discussing historical events. And finding that many people for a Broadway musical who are truly talented is difficult. The shocker again was that it's a subsidiarity of Disney. But it too was brilliant... Thomas Jefferson though wasn't exactly as evil as portrayed in it...but otherwise it was a great production.

Thomas Jefferson was raping his slave, Sally Hemmings. He's probalby not portrayed evilly enough. But we are really having a meltdown over teaching White People actual history.

And if Hollywood wants great stories about people of color....then they need to find authors willing to write those stories inspired by exemplary behavior. They need true talent and not the latest trendy gimmick of political correctness to sell a movie.

So your objection is that they are rehashing stories that have proven track records instead of coming up with their own stories?

What Hollywood have you been watching? They haven't had original ideas in years.

Most of Hollywood would write better stories if they knew the Bible.... ALL of the classics are based on stories and themes written there. There's some they haven't done yet...but some of these themes are over 5,000 years old...still gets you on your feet cheering when realized.

Actually, I would love more Bible Stories.

I think a movie about Jephthah the Gileadite would be an AWESOME film.

It would come off as a horror movie, especially the scene where he butchers his own daughter as a burnt offering to God.

To be engaged to be married was considered already married in scripture.

Lot was going to give up his daughter instead of the Messengers of God.

For gang rape? Seriously?

The daughter's weren't raped, the people of Sodom were gay..

Lot was just showing his loyalty to Almighty God, just like his Uncle Abe did with his cousin Isaac's aborted sacrifice.

Lot was showing his friendship to Almighty God.

A. I looked at what’s playing. Crap. Total crap.

B. Your politics and virtue superiority games has everyone with a brain disgusted with you.

C. Your panic porn propaganda has worked on the sheeples. They’re terrified to step outside, let alone sit next to strangers.

So short answer: No.

I went to see Black Widow last week

It was good to go to the movies again.

I enjoyed the film

Lot was just showing his loyalty to Almighty God, just like his Uncle Abe did with his cousin Isaac's aborted sacrifice.

Wow, so what kind of fucked up God demands people endanger their children as a sign of loyalty?

You know, if more people read the Bible, we'd have more Atheists.

Wow, so what kind of fucked up God demands people endanger their children as a sign of loyalty?

You know, if more people read the Bible, we'd have more Atheists.

Libs do a lot worse. They demand that their children undergo gender transition to show their fealty to the Leftist cause, and they don't change their mind at the end, the children are actually given hormone treatments for sex change.

Libs do a lot worse. They demand that their children undergo gender transition to show their fealty to the Leftist cause, and they don't change their mind at the end, the children are actually given hormone treatments for sex change.

I don't know anyone who demands a child undergo transition. Can you point out a case of that happening.

Usually, for a child to get transition therapy of ANY kind, they have to really prove their gender dysmorphia is severe.

Forum List

Back