Hmmm...I thought churches didn't have to worry about performing gay marriages...what about this...

Besides, UNLESS you are running a business that does some type of marriage related service, you probably would not even know for sure if a person is gay or not, other than just making an educated guess, but that is no guarantee.

I know gay people right now, and we're friendly and fine. But of course he, or his gay buddy, have not tried to force me to marry them, nor come to my church and force my church to marry them. Nor do they expect me to approve of their lifestyle.

It's really easy.... don't force people to violate their religious views. That's not hard is it? My church offers wedding services for a price. Don't ask us to do it for gays. Go to a gay church, and rent their facilities..

Its really easy.

No one is telling you or your church to marry anyone.

You can refuse to marry Jews, Blacks, Gays, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Skateboarders and bow hunters.

Whether I wanted to or not, my wife and I could not have been married in the Catholic Church- because we are not Catholic.

The same applies to everyone else.

No one is trying to force you to marry anyone.

He thinks that gay people want to infiltrate his church. :rolleyes-41:

And maybe they do...but it won't be by government "force". Churches will change or die out.

Or the people will change. Social customs are not a one way street. All we need is another gay plague and people could turn on homosexuals. People could become religious due to having to cope with a liberal inflicted society.

You are a fool. It was that "gay plague" that got us the advances we have today. If not for AIDS, we would not be where we are in marriage equality.

I know gay people right now, and we're friendly and fine. But of course he, or his gay buddy, have not tried to force me to marry them, nor come to my church and force my church to marry them. Nor do they expect me to approve of their lifestyle.

It's really easy.... don't force people to violate their religious views. That's not hard is it? My church offers wedding services for a price. Don't ask us to do it for gays. Go to a gay church, and rent their facilities..

Its really easy.

You can refuse to marry Jews, Blacks, Gays, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Skateboarders and bow hunters.

Whether I wanted to or not, my wife and I could not have been married in the Catholic Church- because we are not Catholic.

And maybe they do...but it won't be by government "force". Churches will change or die out.

Or the people will change. Social customs are not a one way street. All we need is another gay plague and people could turn on homosexuals. People could become religious due to having to cope with a liberal inflicted society.

You are a fool. It was that "gay plague" that got us the advances we have today. If not for AIDS, we would not be where we are in marriage equality.

What? How are making a connection between these two things?

Its really easy.

What? How are making a connection between these two things?

It's simple. AIDS brought gay people out of the shadows. Gays weren't the mysterious "other" anymore...they were friends, family members, loved ones. AIDS brought about social change quicker than anyone could have thought possible.

Its really easy.

Or people could change. We could have fewer bigots hoping for a plague to kill homosexuals, and more people who don't care whether someone is attracted to the same gender.

Excuse me, but sometimes I also get tired of hearing about homosexuals and their problems too, but we could fix that by allowing the PITAs to get married! Really, with all of the problems, homosexuals' issues are quite LOW on the list.

But simply being allowed to marry isn't enough for some of them. No, look at SeaBytch for example, she wants churches to accept gays. Now why would she care what people who she doesn't know believe or accept?

We have a neighbor who goes to Church of Christ, one of the things his church teaches is that it is a sin to play musical instruments as part of a church service. That is so weird to me, I'm used to hearing actual MUSIC at church, BUT I've no desire to have public opinion, OR the law force the Church of Christ to think like me.

Why is that? Oh yeah, b/c Im an adult who respects the rights of others.

The connection is obvious.

AIDS forced the country to deal with LGBT as human beings.

Watch "Dallas Buyers Club."

Seawytch is wrong if she wants churches to marry gays if they don't want to.

She does not have a Constitutional leg to stand on.

Seawytch is wrong if she wants churches to marry gays if they don't want to.

She does not have a Constitutional leg to stand on.

To be clear, she claims she only wants them forced by public pressure.

I doubt the veracity of that statement, but even wanting the public to exert pressure to force churches to marry gays is wrong.

What happened to mind your own business?

Or people could change. We could have fewer bigots hoping for a plague to kill homosexuals, and more people who don't care whether someone is attracted to the same gender.

Excuse me, but sometimes I also get tired of hearing about homosexuals and their problems too, but we could fix that by allowing the PITAs to get married! Really, with all of the problems, homosexuals' issues are quite LOW on the list.

But simply being allowed to marry isn't enough for some of them. No, look at SeaBytch for example, she wants churches to accept gays. Now why would she care what people who she doesn't know believe or accept?

We have a neighbor who goes to Church of Christ, one of the things his church teaches is that it is a sin to play musical instruments as part of a church service. That is so weird to me, I'm used to hearing actual MUSIC at church, BUT I've no desire to have public opinion, OR the law force the Church of Christ to think like me.

Yes, I want churches to accept gays...just like I wanted the Mormons to accept blacks. They didn't want to, but they ended up doing it in the end. How was that accomplished? Was it through government force or public opinion?

Besides, UNLESS you are running a business that does some type of marriage related service, you probably would not even know for sure if a person is gay or not, other than just making an educated guess, but that is no guarantee.

Its really easy.

Not according to that letter by the Attorney's office.

You seem to be confused- that letter wasn't to you- nor has any City threatened you or anyone else.

Its really easy.

Yeah, people will change. Once we nail down the cause of homosexuality, prenatal testing will result in homosexuality being as popular with liberal parents as Down's Syndrome babies are today.

Why would anyone wish for their child to be someone that bigots would take great joy in hoping that they would die in a plague?

I am sure that there are African Americans who would choose for their children to be born white too- just so their children could avoid the pain of being the target of bigots.

Precisely. Liberals are bigoted when it comes to their own children. They don't approve of the homosexual lifestyle for their own children

Not surprisingly you haven't a clue.

Most parents- Liberal and Conservatives love and wish the best for their children. And if we could spare our children the hatred and attack of bigots because they are gay or black we would do what we could to protect them.

The bigots hope for a plague where homosexuals will die.

Don't be delusional. This has nothing to do with how the public perceives homosexuals, parents, liberal parents, don't wish their kids to be homosexuals for their own reasons. Parents look forward to grandchildren, they are happier when their own heterosexual normality is expressed in their children..

Don't be delusional.

Most parents- Liberal and Conservatives love and wish the best for their children. And if we could spare our children the hatred and attack of bigots because they are gay or black we would do what we could to protect them.

The bigots hope for a plague where homosexuals will die.

But simply being allowed to marry isn't enough for some of them. No, look at SeaBytch for example, she wants churches to accept gays. Now why would she care what people who she doesn't know believe or accept?.

I would like the Catholic Church to allow women into the Priesthood. That is my opinion- and even though I am not Catholic, I am allowed my opinions.

However, wanting Church's to change their doctrine is completely different from forcing Church's to do anything by law.

Only Conservatives suggest that anyone will use the law to force Church's to do anything.

Church's can set their own doctrine- and that is how it should be.

Doesn't mean churchs should be free from criticism- but free from government interference.

Yes, I want churches to accept gays...just like I wanted the Mormons to accept blacks. They didn't want to, but they ended up doing it in the end. How was that accomplished? Was it through government force or public opinion?

Good luck, because you are in a minority of about 995 to 5.

Good luck, because you are in a minority of about 995 to 5.

No actually I'm not. Do you know why young people are turning away from organized religion?

Millennials leaving religion over anti-gay teachings MSNBC

Churches need "butts in the seats" to survive.

Yes, you are, when it comes to wanting to force churches to marry gays.

The great majority of young people say live and let live.

They perceive your desire as fascist control of other folks' practices.

Yes, you are, when it comes to wanting to force churches to marry gays.

The great majority of young people say live and let live.

They perceive your desire as fascist control of other folks' practices.

Bovine feces. What "fascist control"? People with gay family members want their churches to accept them. I was quite clear about public pressure....you know, like when the Mormon church had to accept those with the "mark of Cain" even though they didn't want to.

I have no trouble with opinionating at all, as long as that is the only pressure that you are using.

Not at all, seawytch.

The change for various reason.

Please don't act like Sil: you are both wrong.

Neither of you (and you a whole lot less) have public opinion on your side.

Forum List

Back