History repeats itself, Why? a new Crimean war with the same result is on the way

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
History repeats itself, Why? a new Crimean war with the same result is on the way

800px-Panorama_dentro.JPG

"The Crimean War (French: Guerre de Crimée; translit. Krymskaya voina or translit. Vostochnaya voina, lit. 'Eastern War'; Turkish: Kırım Savaşı; Italian: Guerra di Crimea) was a military conflict fought from October 1853 to February 1856[6] in which the Russian Empire lost to an alliance of the Ottoman Empire, France, Britain and Sardinia."
Crimean War - Wikipedia
Historic recurrence - Wikipedia

"
"This won't be another Crimea," the head of Ukraine's navy told me when I spoke to him about the situation in the Sea of Azov six weeks ago.

I'd just come back from a trip to Ukraine's industrial port of Mariupol and had spent the night on board a coastguard vessel.

In spite of Commander Ihor Voronchenko's bravado, it was clear, even then, that Russia held all the cards.

Outnumbered and outgunned on the water, there was very little Ukraine's threadbare navy could do if Russia wanted to take control of the Sea of Azov."
Why Ukraine-Russia sea clash is fraught with risk

Forum List

Back