Hillary Gun Confiscation Plan: "Like Cash For Clunkers"

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Hillary Clinton: Gun Confiscation Would Be Like A Government ‘Cash For Clunkers’

Hillary Clinton: Gun Confiscation Would Be Like A Government 'Cash For Clunkers' - Breitbart

"Clinton noted Obama’s “Cash for Clunkers” car buyback program as a good example for gun control."

Hillary went on to cite Australia's and Canada's 'Buy Back' Program.

Yeah, the people Obama / Hillary call 'nuts' who 'cling to their guns and religion' are only clinging to those guns because they are waiting for Liberals like her to 'buy them back'!

:lmao:

Dear Hillary, every time a Liberal like you or Obama mention 'gun control' gun sales go through the roof!

A lot of cities have already implemented programs like this. They've been doing it for the past 30 years.

ETA: I've never looked into whether or not such domestic programs were efficacious against violent crime. Finding objective studies about guns is hard enough as it is.

Australia is claiming success, though.

I dont see anything wrong with it as long as it isn't mandatory
Australia's program was compulsory. So Clinton saying, "Australia is a good example" is eyebrow raising.

The UK banned private handgun ownership. So Clinton saying "The UK is a good example" is eyebrow raising all the way to the back of my head.

Someone is playing hard and fast with the definition of "confiscate"

How much does someone pay when they confiscate something?

Oh you mean when the city takes part of your land and pays dimes on the dollar? Public condemnation VS Public confiscation?
SAME THING.

They cannot be the same thing since they are clearly 2 different words and meanings

A compulsory buyback program is confiscation, no matter how you slice it.

The Australian Constitution does not allow the government to confiscate private property without compensation. So they spent about 600 million Australian bucks on the compulsory buyback program.

They also had to compensate all the gun dealers who were put out of business. Not sure how much that cost.

Oh you mean when the city takes part of your land and pays dimes on the dollar? Public condemnation VS Public confiscation?
SAME THING.

They cannot be the same thing since they are clearly 2 different words and meanings
So using YOUR idiot logic ebony/black and Negro mean three different things?

I agree, but no one said compulsory.

The Australian Constitution does not allow the government to confiscate private property without compensation. So they spent about 600 million Australian bucks on the compulsory buyback program.

They also had to compensate all the gun dealers who were put out of business. Not sure how much that cost.

Australia doesnt have a 2nd amendment tho...So clearly there is a difference.

Damn, I agree with you? That's going to leave a mark.

SAME THING.

So using YOUR idiot logic ebony/black and Negro mean three different things?

Yes, just like I dont use a Caucasian crayon. Go act stupid with someone else dumbass

The Australian Constitution does not have any section equivalent to our Second Amendment. It was entirely constitutional for the government to be able to confiscate guns.

They just had to pay for them, in accordance with Section 51, xxxi of the Constitution:

The acquisition of property on just terms from any State or person for any purpose in respect of which the Parliament has power to make laws

There is only one way our government could have a compulsory gun buyback program like Australia or ban private ownership of handguns like the UK. We would have to repeal the Second Amendment.

It should be alarming Clinton is saying, “Australia is a good example, Canada is a good example, the UK is a good example."

That statement falls smack dab into the middle of my "evil or stupid?" posit I used to use frequently on other forums.

all the freaking politicians can compulsory till the fall over dead ... my hardwear is staying in my Browning gun safe.

or hardware

either one :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back