Hillary desperately looking for election she can win.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Hillary is apparently in denial, and now is looking for an election that she can win. Early reports have her seriously considering the next best thing to being President. Yes, she's thinking of running against Bill de Blasio for Mayor of New York City.

“If she ran, she’d win”: Are you ready for New York Mayor Hillary Clinton?

I know, my own initial reaction was that it was just impossible. I mean, how desperate do you have to be to consider that big of a step down? Bill de Blasio is a Democrat, so what happens if he manages to hold on and win the Primary against Hillary? What does she do then? Is there a County Commission job somewhere that she can possibly get? Perhaps a run for the School Board? She won't have much time left to get her "residence" changed to Chelsea's apartment from her actual house well outside the city if this is her plan.

Now, I understand the desire to give Hillary some sort of consolation prize. But really, going after a Democratic Mayor to prop her ego up a little bit is really beyond the pale. What is her campaign strategy going to be? Elect me so I can rezone Trump Tower and get my revenge on the bastard who beat me?

Somebody stop Hillary before she destroys the Democratic Party. Tell her to go quietly into retirement like everyone else who suffers a humiliating defeat like that.

Hillary is apparently in denial, and now is looking for an election that she can win. Early reports have her seriously considering the next best thing to being President. Yes, she's thinking of running against Bill de Blasio for Mayor of New York City.

I know, my own initial reaction was that it was just impossible. I mean, how desperate do you have to be to consider that big of a step down? Bill de Blasio is a Democrat, so what happens if he manages to hold on and win the Primary against Hillary? What does she do then? Is there a County Commission job somewhere that she can possibly get? Perhaps a run for the School Board? She won't have much time left to get her "residence" changed to Chelsea's apartment from her actual house well outside the city if this is her plan.

Now, I understand the desire to give Hillary some sort of consolation prize. But really, going after a Democratic Mayor to prop her ego up a little bit is really beyond the pale. What is her campaign strategy going to be? Elect me so I can rezone Trump Tower and get my revenge on the bastard who beat me?

Somebody stop Hillary before she destroys the Democratic Party. Tell her to go quietly into retirement like everyone else who suffers a humiliating defeat like that.
LOL, Yeah, I can see her doing that, stabbing a guy that endorsed her for the Presidency (de Blasio) square in the back just so she can add some more time to hour 15600 of her 15 minutes of fame.

The Queen of Corruption has no scruples or integrity.

world-news-daily-report-fake-news.jpg

So you don't like my source? No problem. There are others.

How about the New York Times? http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/nyregion/hillary-clinton-de-blasio-new-york-mayor.html?_r=0

How about the Washington Times? Hillary Clinton being urged to run for mayor of New York

It doesn't seem to be on Huffington Post or Salon yet. But I'm sure it will soon enough. I also have links from NY Daily News, and a couple other smaller papers.

So does the NY Times spread fake news? If so, what is an approved source according to you?

So does the NY Times spread fake news? If so, what is an approved source according to you?

You're probably going to have to get Hillary to make some personal phone calls to convince some people that the story is legitimate.

Anywho, this could turn out to be the stuff of legends; Hillary knocks off de Blasio in the primary and then loses to a Republican in the general at which point the leadership of the DNC calls for her execution. :D

How about the New York Times? http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/nyregion/hillary-clinton-de-blasio-new-york-mayor.html?_r=0

How about the Washington Times? Hillary Clinton being urged to run for mayor of New York

It doesn't seem to be on Huffington Post or Salon yet. But I'm sure it will soon enough. I also have links from NY Daily News, and a couple other smaller papers.

The NYT is tabloid news....

You're probably going to have to get Hillary to make some personal phone calls to convince some people that the story is legitimate.

Anywho, this could turn out to be the stuff of legends; Hillary knocks off de Blasio in the primary and then loses to a Republican in the general at which point the leadership of the DNC calls for her execution. :D

They would probably blame the Canadians and demand that we declare war for the Canuks interfering in the election.

These days you need at least 2 credible news sources.

I have been starting to give double cites too.

Thank you.

New York (City and State) is the rat hole where Hillary launched her political career which has now proven to be a disaster for the DEM's.

Deblasio will need to eat his words and stab her back in her back if he wants to be re-elected.

Hillary does not need to work. She has all that graft money in her Foundation.

She and Billy Boy and their ugly daughter can pay themselves high salaries from it from now until Hell freezes over.

They would probably blame the Canadians and demand that we declare war for the Canuks interfering in the election.
The Canucks have their own problems with Trudeau Jr.

The Washington Slimes is as fake as HotAir, and the NY Times is merely commenting on the gossip from the fake news sources like Fox Business News and in fact poo pooed the Right-wing rumor. So of your all your sources only the NY Times seems credible.

From your NY Times link:
"the answer would almost certainly be no"

“The reality is that she’s not going to,” Mr. Tusk said

Hillary is not far enough to the left for the international city known as New York.

She can always sell smokless cigs from inside her cell walls. ;-)

The Washington Slimes is as fake as HotAir, and the NY Times is merely commenting on the gossip from the fake news sources like Fox Business News and in fact poo pooed the Right-wing rumor. So of your all your sources only the NY Times seems credible.

From your NY Times link:

Did I say that she would certainly run? No, I said it was being discussed. All of the links say the same thing, it's being discussed as an option for some sort of consolation prize for Hillary. You can pretend I wrote something else, but I didn't. I did ask what would happen if she lost, but that was speculation, and an opportunity to make fun of Hillary and the Democratic Party's desperate attempt to salvage her ego.

So we can look at the rest of the quote you took out of context can't we?

While the answer would almost certainly be no, supporters of Mrs. Clinton and former members of her staff appear to have been happy to let the speculation spread from closed-door gatherings of donors and allies, where it has been discussed among the many hypothetical future jobs Ms. Clinton might pursue, to more public forums.

So why misrepresent the quote that way? Why misrepresent the meaning of the actual article? Why lie to our fellow posters that way is what I'm really asking?

I can think of a couple reasons. One, you think she won't run for Mayor. Well, so do I. She won't run for anything again. Not because it's beneath her, but because she won't risk the loss. She knows that money would flood in to any and all of her opponents, and she'd have to spend a hell of a lot of money to win the primary, and there is too much risk of a Liberal Republican like Bloomburg pulling out a win. If Hillary lost the race for Mayor, she'd be lucky to keep Chelsea employed at the Clinton Foundation since money would dry up there.

The other reason I can think of is you're afraid that stories of Hillary's enormous ego will serve to shore up the image that many of us had during the campaign. That she was an out of touch egomaniac who screwed up everything she ever tried to do and her only accomplishment during her tenure at State was a lot of Frequent Flyer miles on the one airline that didn't award points for that, the US Air Force. That might even make people more willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. And possibly worse, give him support. Trump's favorable numbers are up to -4.5 which is actually high for him. Let me include the link so you don't claim I'm making that up too.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Trump: Favorable/Unfavorable

What I can't figure out is why you're bothering to misrepresent the articles I linked to when anyone and read it for themselves.

From your NY Times link:

Did I say that she would certainly run? No, I said it was being discussed. All of the links say the same thing, it's being discussed as an option for some sort of consolation prize for Hillary. You can pretend I wrote something else, but I didn't. I did ask what would happen if she lost, but that was speculation, and an opportunity to make fun of Hillary and the Democratic Party's desperate attempt to salvage her ego.

While the answer would almost certainly be no, supporters of Mrs. Clinton and former members of her staff appear to have been happy to let the speculation spread from closed-door gatherings of donors and allies, where it has been discussed among the many hypothetical future jobs Ms. Clinton might pursue, to more public forums.

So why misrepresent the quote that way? Why misrepresent the meaning of the actual article? Why lie to our fellow posters that way is what I'm really asking?

I can think of a couple reasons. One, you think she won't run for Mayor. Well, so do I. She won't run for anything again. Not because it's beneath her, but because she won't risk the loss. She knows that money would flood in to any and all of her opponents, and she'd have to spend a hell of a lot of money to win the primary, and there is too much risk of a Liberal Republican like Bloomburg pulling out a win. If Hillary lost the race for Mayor, she'd be lucky to keep Chelsea employed at the Clinton Foundation since money would dry up there.

The other reason I can think of is you're afraid that stories of Hillary's enormous ego will serve to shore up the image that many of us had during the campaign. That she was an out of touch egomaniac who screwed up everything she ever tried to do and her only accomplishment during her tenure at State was a lot of Frequent Flyer miles on the one airline that didn't award points for that, the US Air Force. That might even make people more willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. And possibly worse, give him support. Trump's favorable numbers are up to -4.5 which is actually high for him. Let me include the link so you don't claim I'm making that up too.

What I can't figure out is why you're bothering to misrepresent the articles I linked to when anyone and read it for themselves.
The fake news gossip was started here: News Of A Possible Hillary Run For Mayor In THIS State Is BREAKING THE INTERNET! | John Hawkins' Right Wing News
And then picked up by fake news Fox Business News, so all the "discussion" originates from the Right-wing rumor mill.

And as far as your rant about her losing, your own link said this:

"Mr. Tusk, citing figures from a private poll of New York Democrats he conducted last year, said he believed that Mrs. Clinton would win the race if she entered."

From your NY Times link:

The fake news gossip was started here: News Of A Possible Hillary Run For Mayor In THIS State Is BREAKING THE INTERNET! | John Hawkins' Right Wing News
And then picked up by fake news Fox Business News, so all the "discussion" originates from the Right-wing rumor mill.

"Mr. Tusk, citing figures from a private poll of New York Democrats he conducted last year, said he believed that Mrs. Clinton would win the race if she entered."

Would those be the same polls that said she'd win the electoral college with the blue wall that was certain to hold?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I would vote for Hillary as condo board President.

Who am I kidding, no I wouldn't.

From your NY Times link:

Would those be the same polls that said she'd win the electoral college with the blue wall that was certain to hold?
Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Your own link says it was a "private poll," so no.
But you DID use the same polls that said she would win the EC to claim Tramp's approval had "risen" to MINUS 4.5 in this very thread!!!!!

Forum List

Back