High teachers' salaries are driving up taxes

You couldnt apply this logic to anything else.

Do people say Firemen are shitty when one dies?

Do people say the Military is shitty when one dies or doesnt follow orders?

No, we value education so much that we constantly try to find new ways to show our appreciation for teachers like saying they are paid too much, attack their unions, underfund the class rooms etc etc.

This is how serious Americans take education...Pay out the nose for college, fuck teachers and display work envy "They work 10 months!!! Waaaaa!" but none of you fuckers would attempt to stand in a room full of 3rd graders if someone threatened to blow off your toe. You'd be thinking "Do I really need 10 WHOLE toes?"

Now that's funny CC!!

Anyone who doesn't think that teachers should receive pay on par with an auto mechanic or skilled carpenter, doesn't care much about the functioning or construction of America.

I dare anyone who disagrees to spend one week teaching in a classroom in public schools. We'll do a "before" and "after" interview with you as well as video tape you the whole time you're in the classroom. Good luck!

someone will need to go ask the kooks at the dailykos what the hell it is they are bitching about now

something about Teachers is all I could make out of it. of course, I don't take anything they have to say as Intelligent. a bunch of leftWing whiners

Teachers' hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work nine or ten months a year! It's time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do -- babysit!

We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and planning -- that equals 6-1/2 hours).

So each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585 a day.However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET'S SEE....That's $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries). What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master's degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6-1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year. Wait a minute -- there's something wrong here!

There sure is! The average teacher's salary (nationwide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77 per day / 30 students = $9.25 / 6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student -- a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!) WHAT A DEAL!!!!

<snip>

Meredith Menden

If you have a facebook acct, post this to show appreciation for all educators.
I say we close the darn schools and keep our hard earned moneys.

Forum List

Back