High Taxes create slums? Tell that to Mexico.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
Mexico's the lowest spenders of tax on this chart, and also Mexico's the poorest country on this chart.

So, why do we keep hearing over, and over again that high taxes create third-World like conditions?

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

Mexico's the lowest spenders of tax on this chart, and also Mexico's the poorest country on this chart.

So, why do we keep hearing over, and over again that high taxes create third-World like conditions?

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

We are right up there hey? Over Korea, Chile and Mexico in 2014. I bet the new tax cut put us even with Mexico.

• Banned

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

We are right up there hey? Over Korea, Chile and Mexico in 2014. I bet the new tax cut put us even with Mexico.

I don't think anyone's overjoyed at paying taxes.

But, unfortunately higher civilization typically requires a lot of taxation, for police, fire-men, infrastructure, education, defense spending, making sure people aren't dying from hunger, or dying from lack of healthcare from treatable diseases.

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

sobie dear--------sometimes high property taxes cause the RICH BITCHES---to abandon property-----abandoned property BECOMES SLUMS-----slum-lords buy it CHEAP -----and rent it to DA POOR

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

But, unfortunately higher civilization typically requires a lot of taxation, for police, fire-men, infrastructure, education, defense spending, making sure people aren't dying from hunger, or dying from lack of healthcare from treatable diseases.

No one loves to cut a check to Uncle Sam, esp when you realize none of it is going to healthcare, education or Hud or Snap, but all to the military.

• Banned

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

sobie dear--------sometimes high property taxes cause the RICH BITCHES---to abandon property-----abandoned property BECOMES SLUMS-----slum-lords buy it CHEAP -----and rent it to DA POOR

Like Westchester County, New York?
The #1 tax spenders, which hold the #1 richest town in America called Scarsdale?

Having come from Putnam, NY which is a little cheaper, and a little poorer than Westchester, NY.

I kind of have to smirk.

In general, a lot of Putnam people are just people who couldn't afford to buy in Westchester.

Putnam's got a lot more "White trash" types than most of Westchester, perhaps only Yonkers, (The biggest city in Westchester) and a couple of other centers have more "White trash types"

My family moved out of Westchester, Mount Kisco to be exact in the 1970's because it was "Too expensive" and at the time they couldn't afford a house there.

Now of course my family at 1.6 million building up wealth over multiple decades, could afford to live in Westchester, but at what cost?

Westchester is actually far less friendly, and no more safe than my Pawling, even though house prices are double in Westchester vs Pawling.

In fact, I can't even think of anything better in Westchester vs Pawling, our parks are better too.

Last edited:

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

The #1 tax spenders, which hold the #1 richest town in America called Scarsdale?

Having come from Putnam, NY which is a little cheaper, and a little poorer than Westchester, NY.

I kind of have to smirk.

In general, a lot of Putnam people are just people who couldn't afford to buy in Westchester.

Putnam's got a lot more "White trash" types than most of Westchester, perhaps only Yonkers, (The biggest city in Westchester) and a couple of other centers have more "White trash types"

My family moved out of Westchester, Mount Kisco to be exact in the 1970's because it was "Too expensive" and at the time they couldn't afford a house there.

Now of course my family at 1.6 million could afford to live in Westchester, but at what cost?

Westchester is actually far less friendly, and no more safe than my Pawling, even though house prices are double in Westchester vs Pawling.

sheeeesh ---sobie dear. -------SPARE ME, THE DETAILS

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

You are posting serious?

No it produces wealthy politicians and Union government workers with huge unsustainable pensions

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

No one loves to cut a check to Uncle Sam, esp when you realize none of it is going to healthcare, education or Hud or Snap, but all to the military.

"ALL TO THE MILITARY" ??? -----for the record----THE MILITARY lifts lots of people OUT OF POVERTY (PS---call me ma'am----I was an officer
in the Navy-----and all the MARINES called me "ma'am". Marines are so cute-----the PHARISEES of the Military) ** from where does SNAP or HUD
get its funds------catholic charities?

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

I kind of have to smirk.

Now of course my family at 1.6 million could afford to live in Westchester, but at what cost?

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

You are posting serious?

No it produces wealthy politicians and Union government workers with huge unsustainable pensions

A.) So, you wouldn't take better paying Union, or Government jobs?

B.) What about Conservative leaning professions who are Union / Government employees, like Cops, Military personnel, Fireman, Town / County, and State road crews, or Rail-way people. (All which I have found to be generally Conservative leaning, even if public educators, librarians, or social workers are Liberal leaning)

Are you willing to piss off your own base?

C.) I personally hope to one day get a better paying Union, or Government job.

Why not?

I've worked non-Union / non-Government at scab wages, and would actually make probably twice as much in Union, Government professions.

This is a bad thing, because?

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

"ALL TO THE MILITARY" ??? -----for the record----THE MILITARY lifts lots of people OUT OF POVERTY (PS---call me ma'am----I was an officer
in the Navy-----and all the MARINES called me "ma'am". Marines are so cute-----the PHARISEES of the Military) ** from where does SNAP or HUD

Oh brother, are you on drink this early. They have major cuts in all these programs, I think Trump and his admin is pocketing the money, but I can't be sure, Putin told him that is the way to get rich.

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

I kind of have to smirk.

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

You are posting serious?

B.) What about Conservative leaning professions who are Union / Government employees, like Cops, Military personnel, Fireman, Town / County, and State road crews, or Rail-way people. (All which I have found to be generally Conservative leaning, even if public educators, librarians, or social workers are Liberal leaning)

Why not?

I've worked non-Union / non-Government at scab wages, and would actually make probably twice as much in Union, Government professions.

what-evah HAPPENED to your humanistic SOVIET idealism?

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

Oh brother, are you on drink this early. They have major cuts in all these programs, I think Trump and his admin is pocketing the money, but I can't be sure, Putin told him that is the way to get rich.

as the saying goes in LONDON-----" -it's 4:30 is SOME PUB,
somewhere in the world" (the US navy needs no excuse)

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

I kind of have to smirk.

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

You are posting serious?

Why not?

The U.S.A is collapsing from Capitalism, just like the Soviets collapsed from Communism.

Fascism is the true answer, it's always been the true answer.

Fascists wouldn't over-spend, and over-control to collapse like Soviets, nor would Fascists over-import foreigners who hate their countries to collapse like Capitalists, or over-export their own jobs out of the country like Capitalists to collapse.

I kind of have to smirk.

You are posting serious?

Why not?

The U.S.A is collapsing from Capitalism, just like the Soviets collapsed from Communism.

Fascists wouldn't over-spend, and over-control to collapse like Soviets, nor would Fascists over-import foreigners who hate their countries to collapse like Capitalists, or over-export their own jobs out of the country like Capitalists to collapse.

how about you take a NICE LONG GOOSE STEP ------and give it
some more thought

Who, exactly, claims that "high" taxes create slums?

Is this what is called a "straw man"?

3.1.4-figure1_0.png

Wow.... you have no idea what you are talking about....

And if those european countries actually had to pay "their fair share" to defend themselves, they wouldn't be able to spend lavishly on unproductive people.....they would actually have to have people serve in their militaries to actually defend their own countries.....

When you are living on the dime of the United States, you really shouldn't criticize the one country keeping you safe....

I kind of have to smirk.

You are posting serious?

Why not?

some more thought

Germans, and even more so Spaniards have more to "Thank" from Fascism than the modern Capitalists.

Spain became a First World economy because of Franco's Spanish Miracle, the #1 economic boom in 20th century Europe.
Franco turned Spain into a nation of home-owners too, as well as a tourist destination.

Now, Capitalist Spain is hoovering at 20% unemployment, and near that number 20% immigrant populations to make matters worse.

Nazis created some of the best German car companies like Volkswagen / Audi / Porsche concepts by enabling Ferdinand Porsche with financing,

Nazis created some of the best German minds of the modern era, be it Wernher Von Braun V2 rocket the fore-bearer of NASA rockets, or Konrad Zuse's computers, or Fanta, Adidas,, Puma Nazi products, as well as many others.

Now Germany as Capitalist despite doing well economically, has allowed in so many Third-World riff-raffs.

Germany will not even exist in the near-future.

Welcome to Capitalist Germ-i-stan.

You are posting serious?

Why not?

some more thought

Germans, and even more so Spaniards have more to "Thank" from Fascism than the modern Capitalists.

Spain became a First World economy because of Franco's Spanish Miracle, the #1 economic boom in 20th century Europe.
Franco turned Spain into a nation of home-owners too, as well as a tourist destination.

Now, Spain is hoovering at 20% unemployment, and near that number 20% immigrant populations to make matters worse.

Nazis created some of the best German car companies like Volkswagen / Audi / Porsche concepts by enabling Ferdinand Porsche with financing,

Nazis created some of the best German minds of the modern era, be it Wernher Von Braun V2 rocket the fore-bearer of NASA rockets, or Konrad Zuse's computers, or Fanta, Adidas,, Puma Nazi products, as well as many others.

Now Germany as Capitalist despite doing well economically, has allowed in so many Third-World riff-raffs.

Germany will not even exist in the near-future.

Welcome to Capitalist Germ-i-stan.

I tried the GOOSE-STEP-------but it tends to make a would-be
PLEASANT STROLL into a physical nite-mare. Slash and burn
agriculture works --------only if there is sufficient grain in storage

Forum List

Back