Hickory Farms

Jellies. Used to be able to buy sample packages of all their jams and jellies. YUM. Alas....I wanted knox berry farm. I don't think they are around any more, are they? My mom never took us to disneyland..always knox berry farm.

Do you mean Knott's?

Your mom was wise.
See how long its been? KNOTTS. Yes. Only thing I liked was the jail house. They didn't have rides back then. I think the last time we were there was when I was about 6 or 7 years old. 60+ years ago. Dayum.

I've seen lotsa Knott's jars in stores, never knew they had a theme park.
They still sell in stores, yes. That's all I will buy. But I don't know if the theme park is still there or not. Been a long LONG time. It was mainly countryfied....had an old jailhouse, fake saloon front, fake drug store, but had a farmhouse with nothing but jams and jellies. No rides. No entertainment. Just a really big farmers market specializing in jams.

Now I am on a rampage to look for jerky in a basket. Love jerky. As long as its not tough.
I liked the jerky they made forty years ago because you could chew on it for hours..
I have to buy the super tender. Old people. Teefers not as strong..or fake. Thankfully I stil lhave mine but I wanna keep them, lol. Got two cracked ones...wanna keep them from breaking off completely. So..tender.

But I do love me some jerky!!

Missouri still has it's Precious Moments figurine plant it's down the road not too far...
Made a friend here. She has boxes and boxes of those...over 10k worth. Shes gonna give them away cuz she inherited them from her deceased husbands deceased ex wife. I told her to bring them here...see if we can sell them to someone with a mall space. Cheap. Shes been trying to gie them away for months. Nobody wants them.

Knotts. I think the last time I was there was around 1958 or so. Maybe to 1960. I still had no clue it was still there. Until now.

Knotts. I think the last time I was there was around 1958 or so. Maybe to 1960. I still had no clue it was still there. Until now.

When it's safe you should definitely go Gracie. Is it far?

Because I guarantee it ain't as far as that first link I gave you. That sucker's gotta be four thousand miles.

Now I am on a rampage to look for jerky in a basket. Love jerky. As long as its not tough.
I liked the jerky they made forty years ago because you could chew on it for hours..
I have to buy the super tender. Old people. Teefers not as strong..or fake. Thankfully I stil lhave mine but I wanna keep them, lol. Got two cracked ones...wanna keep them from breaking off completely. So..tender.

But I do love me some jerky!!

Here's a pro tip....
Get whatever Jerky you like...and pound it with a meat mallet to soften it up.

Because I guarantee it ain't as far as that first link I gave you. That sucker's gotta be four thousand miles.
I'm in northern cali now. Too far. About 12 hour drive. But with two old people..more like 24 hours.

And I don't like crowds, so...no. I'd rather order online. In 1958/1960...it was smaller, and so was I. Now? Im old and they got too big. Rides and stuff.

Meanwhile..I am now full of hickory farms summer sausage. That hot sweet mustard was not hot either, thank goodness. Yummy.

*burp*

I'm in northern cali now. Too far. About 12 hour drive. But with two old people..more like 24 hours.

And I don't like crowds, so...no. I'd rather order online. In 1958/1960...it was smaller, and so was I. Now? Im old and they got too big. Rides and stuff.

You ain't that old.

Remember that song you used to do?

(although I've heard it said that the original lyric was "shitty as you feel..."

Dammit. I want more. I want cheese spreads. Bacon cheddar sounds good. So does the crab. So many to choose from. Yes...soon I will be ordering some of those. (Swiss colony).

You ain't that old.

Remember that song you used to do?

(although I've heard it said that the original lyric was "shitty as you feel..."

No. THIS one. I enjoyed singing and dancing to this one the most.

Speaking of me back then (lol), it makes me think of Woodstock. Never got there but I wanted too. Oh. Wait. I was there. Singing with the airplane crew. Never mind. *wink*

Which made me think of Peach..and whatshisname..that owns a bar down south...that she saved from dying in the mud. Forgot his name. He posted here but he and peach both disappeared. Ill ask at coffee shop if Foxy has heard from them.

So...we drew names here at the old folks home and I ordered hickory farms basket...summer sausage, some cheese in the basket, couple of chocolates, a jelly of some kind.

I'm ever so tempted to open it and EAT IT...and get the lady I drew the name of, something else. I have a week. Less than. But enough time to find her something else.

Then again..I went to google and found a couple of other places with CHEESE SPREADS! Like, swiss colony, and some place where nuns makes it in NY. I have a hankering for a pile of cheese spreads. Expensive, but...ya only live once, right?

Sausage/beef rolls...and cheese spreads...and jellies...OH MY!
I ordered Hickory sausage and other like brand from walmart for all the kids this year---it only took a couple of days to deliver.

Now I want a cheeseball. It's all Trum....er...moonglows fault.

Remember when Hickory Farms had stand alone stores in the malls? Nowadays they a kiosk for the holidays, if you're lucky.

And Knotts Berry Farm is still around, thought the amusement park, like so many others, is closed. You can shop online for their products.

I wish I had joined 2 weeks ago!

I had a hankering for a Hickory Farms sesame sticks~ only to find out they don’t exist anymore.

I had a lust for Sees Candy~ only to find out at $25 per pound they were out.

I forgot about Knott’s jam. Sigh. Probably for the best.

I did find some Halvah for Hanukah. I’m not Jewish but I love it.

Forum List

Back