Hey RWs: why didn't Trump ban include Muslims nations he does business with?

Took me awhile to find it...but THIS is the origin of the seven countries, in it's entirety...direct from Obama's Department of Homeland Security on 18 FEB 2016. Yes, this is a large quote, but as it is a government produced document direct from DHS's website it is not subject to copyright.

DHS Announces Further Travel Restrictions for the Visa Waiver Program

Release Date:
February 18, 2016

For Immediate Release
DHS Press Office

WASHINGTON—The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.

Pursuant to the Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security had sixty days to determine whether additional countries or areas of concern should be subject to the travel or dual nationality restrictions under the Act. After careful consideration, and in consultation with the Director of National Intelligence and the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security has determined that Libya, Somalia, and Yemen be included as countries of concern, specifically for individuals who have traveled to these countries since March 1, 2011. At this time, the restriction on Visa Waiver Program travel will not apply to dual nationals of these three countries. DHS continues to consult with the Department of State and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to develop further criteria to determine whether other countries would be added to this list.

Last month, the United States began implementing changes under the Act. The three additional countries designated today join Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria as countries subject to restrictions for Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals. Under the new law, the Secretary of Homeland Security may waive these restrictions if he determines that such a waiver is in the law enforcement or national security interests of the United States. Such waivers will be granted only on a case-by-case basis. As a general matter, categories of travelers who may be eligible for a waiver include individuals who traveled to these countries on behalf of international organizations, regional organizations, and sub-national governments on official duty; on behalf of a humanitarian NGO on official duty; or as a journalist for reporting purposes.

The addition of these three countries is indicative of the Department’s continued focus on the threat of foreign fighters. DHS continues to review the security of the Visa Waiver Program, the threat environment, and potential vulnerabilities. This is the latest step in a series of actions over the past 15 months to strengthen the security of the Visa Waiver Program and ensure the Program’s requirements are commensurate with the growing threat from foreign terrorist fighters, many of whom are nationals of Visa Waiver Program countries.

DHS Announces Further Travel Restrictions for the Visa Waiver Program | Homeland Security

Lol you are such a moron. This temporary order is regarding "certain individuals" with visa restrictions. It isn't banning anyone from those nations. They are so obviously different and you're too much of a wuss to admit it.

Either way, even if they were the same (they clearly aren't), I thought you believed Trump had fantastic judgement. Why didn't he include Saudi Arabia - a known terrorist breeding ground? What about the other nations with clear terrorist ties.

The denial you people have about Trump is unbelievable.

Lol you are such a moron. This temporary order is regarding "certain individuals" with visa restrictions. It isn't banning anyone from those nations. They are so obviously different and you're too much of a wuss to admit it.

Either way, even if they were the same (they clearly aren't), I thought you believed Trump had fantastic judgement. Why didn't he include Saudi Arabia - a known terrorist breeding ground? What about the other nations with clear terrorist ties.

It slays me that your avie emphasizes critical thinking, yet you refuse to engage in it.

You ask why Trump chose the countries he did. We told you...Obama chose the countries.

They are distinctly linked. Trump clearly expanded on Obama's original law and used the groundwork laid by the Obama Administration as a baseline for his EO.

Obama's order was temporary...Trump's order is temporary...only four months.

Anywhere else you'd like to move the goalposts?

It's a pretty simple question. You should be able to answer it. If Trump is so concerned about national security, why didn't he include a terrorist breeding ground like Saudi Arabia in his ban? What's your logical explanation for that?

Now I'm sure a lot of you are going to be pussies about this and deflect to Obama and his similar temporary order a few years ago regarding those nations. Of course not only is that irrelevant, it was also for an entirely different reason. Of course even then you sound like morons justifying something Trump did because of something a previous president (whom you don't even like) did.

Because Obama didnt include them.

Hey wait, maybe they have a secret partnership and thats why they didnt ban the others.........

After you take off your tinfoil hat we can talk.

It slays me that your avie emphasizes critical thinking, yet you refuse to engage in it.

You ask why Trump chose the countries he did. We told you...Obama chose the countries.

They are distinctly linked. Trump clearly expanded on Obama's original law and used the groundwork laid by the Obama Administration as a baseline for his EO.

Obama's order was temporary...Trump's order is temporary...only four months.

Anywhere else you'd like to move the goalposts?
Obama did not choose the countries. Good god. You are talking about Obama temporarily making visa restrictions on CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS that was related to specific intelligence at the time. Obviously that is not even close to what Trump did. Again, even if these orders were the same, you still haven't explained why Trump didn't ban nations with well known terrorists ties. Hell most of the Islamic terrorist attacks in America have originated in Saudi Arabia. Oh gee I wonder why he didn't include that nation.

Quit desperately trying to defend any of Trump'a obvious bullshit.

Since when does the Constitution apply to non US citizens?
The same rights apply to US residents and visitors, like freedom of speech.

On the other hand, they don't have all the privileges, voting for example.

Obama did not choose the countries. Good god. You are talking about Obama temporarily making visa restrictions on CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS that was related to specific intelligence at the time. Obviously that is not even close to what Trump did. Again, even if these orders were the same, you still haven't explained why Trump didn't ban nations with well known terrorists ties. Hell most of the Islamic terrorist attacks in America have originated in Saudi Arabia. Oh gee I wonder why he didn't include that nation.

I have explained...over and over again. Trump has been President for 9 days. He used the assessment of "countries of concern" that the Obama Administration designated. Period...end of story.

President Obama's Administration designated seven countries of concern...Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen.

The Obama Administration designated these countries and no others based on the following criteria outline in 217(a)(12) of the ina, 8 u.s.c. 1187(a)(12):

(I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States;

(II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and

(III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists.​

Those other countries were not designated as "countries of concern" by the Obama Administration...therefore they are not included on the list. If you believe the Obama Administration should have included other countries in their list of "countries of concern", take it up with them.

I have explained...over and over again. Trump has been President for 9 days. He used the assessment of "countries of concern" that the Obama Administration designated. Period...end of story.

President Obama's Administration designated seven countries of concern...Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen.

The Obama Administration designated these countries and no others based on the following criteria outline in 217(a)(12) of the ina, 8 u.s.c. 1187(a)(12):

(I) whether the presence of an alien in the country or area increases the likelihood that the alien is a credible threat to the national security of the United States;

(II) whether a foreign terrorist organization has a significant presence in the country or area; and

(III) whether the country or area is a safe haven for terrorists.​

Those other countries were not designated as "countries of concern" by the Obama Administration...therefore they are not included on the list. If you believe the Obama Administration should have included other countries in their list of "countries of concern", take it up with them.
Lol why are you even harping on Obama? Do you see him as an expert on national security now?

Obama did not choose the countries. Good god. You are talking about Obama temporarily making visa restrictions on CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS that was related to specific intelligence at the time.

Had you read the links provided, you would know this this is not true.

8 U.S. Code § 1187 - Visa waiver program for certain visitors Designates exactly what the tern 'certain individuals' relates to...all you needed to do is read the title of the subsection...

8 U.S. Code § 1187 - Visa waiver program for certain visitors
Who are some of the certain visitors [individuals]?

(12) Not present in Iraq, Syria, or any other country or area of concern
(A) In generalExcept as provided in subparagraphs (B) and (C)—

(i) the alien has not been present, at any time on or after March 1, 2011—

(I) in Iraq or Syria;

(II) in a country that is designated by the Secretary of State under section 4605(j) of title 50 (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)), section 2780 of title 22, section 2371 of title 22, or any other provision of law, as a country, the government of which has repeatedly provided support of acts of international terrorism; or

(III) in any other country or area of concern designated by the Secretary of Homeland Security under subparagraph (D); and

(ii) regardless of whether the alien is a national of a program country, the alien is not a national of—

(I) Iraq or Syria;

(II) a country that is designated, at the time the alien applies for admission, by the Secretary of State under section 4605(j) of title 50 (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)), section 2780 of title 22, section 2371 of title 22, or any other provision of law, as a country, the government of which has repeatedly provided support of acts of international terrorism; or

(III) any other country that is designated, at the time the alien applies for admission, by the Secretary of Homeland Security under subparagraph (D).​

Lol why are you even harping on Obama? Do you see him as an expert on national security now?

Harping? You asked a question, I answered it.

Where did the list of countries of concern come from and why aren't other countries on it? It came from the Obama Administration based on designations by John Kerry's State Department the Defense Intelligence Agency and the Department of Homeland Security while Obama was President. The designations were based on criteria outline in a law sign by President Obama. I cannot answer your question without highlighting these facts.

If you don't like the connotations of that fact, that's on you brother.

Last edited:
Obama did not choose the countries. Good god. You are talking about Obama temporarily making visa restrictions on CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS that was related to specific intelligence at the time.

Had you read the links provided, you would know this this is not true.

8 U.S. Code § 1187 - Visa waiver program for certain visitors Designates exactly what the tern 'certain individuals' relates to...all you needed to do is read the title of the subsection...

8 U.S. Code § 1187 - Visa waiver program for certain visitors
Who are some of the certain visitors [individuals]?

(12) Not present in Iraq, Syria, or any other country or area of concern
(A) In generalExcept as provided in subparagraphs (B) and (C)—

(i) the alien has not been present, at any time on or after March 1, 2011—

(I) in Iraq or Syria;

(II) in a country that is designated by the Secretary of State under section 4605(j) of title 50 (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)), section 2780 of title 22, section 2371 of title 22, or any other provision of law, as a country, the government of which has repeatedly provided support of acts of international terrorism; or

(III) in any other country or area of concern designated by the Secretary of Homeland Security under subparagraph (D); and

(ii) regardless of whether the alien is a national of a program country, the alien is not a national of—

(I) Iraq or Syria;

(II) a country that is designated, at the time the alien applies for admission, by the Secretary of State under section 4605(j) of title 50 (as continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)), section 2780 of title 22, section 2371 of title 22, or any other provision of law, as a country, the government of which has repeatedly provided support of acts of international terrorism; or

(III) any other country that is designated, at the time the alien applies for admission, by the Secretary of Homeland Security under subparagraph (D).​
lol so since we agree it's about "certain individuals" we can easily surmise this is an entirely different order than Trump'a with an entirely different context.

Harping? You asked a question, I answered it.

Where did the list of countries of concern come from? From the Obama Administration.

If you don't like the connotations of that fact, that's on you brother.
Um no I didn't ask a question. I explained to you how such orders are fundamentally different from one another. Your own post spells that out. I'm asking why you are harping on him to begin with. This is Trump's plan here and now and it's obvious bullshit.

^^^ Here is your original question.

I've answered it multiple times.

I've cited and quoted Trump's Executive Order.

I've cited and quoted the law Obama signed, the criteria used to designate countries of concern under that law, the press release from Obama's own Department of Homeland Security designating the seven countries of concern.

Your question has been answered. Why didn't Trump ban nations he does business with?

Because the Obama Administration did not designate those countries areas of concern.

How much more objective could Trump be? There can be no question of why Trump chose the countries he did...because HE DIDN'T CHOSE THEM!!!

The question becomes why did Obama chose them...and that doesn't fit your narrative...so you attempt to dismiss it.

But you can't.

I've cited and quoted the law Obama signed, the criteria used to designate countries of concern under that law, the press release from Obama's own Department of Homeland Security designating the seven countries of concern.

Your question has been answered. Why didn't Trump ban nations he does business with?

Because the Obama Administration did not designate those countries areas of concern.

How much more objective could Trump be? There can be no question of why Trump chose the countries he did...because HE DIDN'T CHOSE THEM!!!

The question becomes why did Obama chose them...and that doesn't fit your narrative...so you attempt to dismiss it.

But you can't.
Of course the obvious related point is that, had Trump come up with his own list, the idiots would be screaming bloody murder about how reckless and foolish he is for ignoring what Obama did.

Let me see if I understand this properly.

OP DOES NOT LIKE the 90 day travel ban from 7 countries, but he wants it expanded.

is that correct?

But you can't.
Lol dude Obama didn't choose them. Obama's temporary order involved a small group of specific people. That's it. You are just conveniently not bitching about Obama right now because you are using him as an excuse to justify Trump being a sack of shit.

Let me see if I understand this properly.

OP DOES NOT LIKE the 90 day travel ban from 7 countries, but he wants it expanded.

is that correct?
Um no. The entire idea of the ban is stupid. Primarily because it is pointless given the nations not even included.

This is why we need the ban. This is repulsive - and had I been on that flight those muslims would have lost teeth, found themselves on the tarmac, and this lady would have flown in her original seat...

Tragic that you Billy000 are fighting for this kind of discrimination instead of against it... But not all that surprising. Dumbocrats long history of hating women and treating them as nothing more than sexual objects is only surpassed by their long history of ugly racism.

This is why we need the ban. This is repulsive - and had I been on that flight those muslims would have lost teeth, found themselves on the tarmac, and this lady would have flown in her original seat...

Tragic that you Billy000 are fighting for this kind of discrimination instead of against it... But not all that surprising. Dumbocrats long history of hating women and treating them as nothing more than sexual objects is only surpassed by their long history of ugly racism.

lol good lord dude. This is irrelevant to my thread. My thread is making the point that Trump excluded Muslim nations Trump does business with which includes Saudi Arabia - a country that has bred more terrorist attacks against the US than any other nation. THAT SHOULD PISS YOU OFF but of course not because you're a pussy that sides with Trump on this kind of bullshit.

To address your video, I agree with Bill Maher when it comes to Islam. It's a religion full of bad ideas and bad people. I agree that many liberals are in serious denial about this. However, i will say that American Muslims are, statistically, harmless. I will also add that most Muslims from around the world are harmless EXCEPT the ones coming from the Middle East. You do know there's a billion of them worldwide right? Way more than just the Middle East? A billion people aren't terrorists. Many in that billion might be sexist or homophobic, but they aren't terrorists.

Forum List

Back