Hey, Lone Ranger, Leave The Kids Alone!

The Lone Ranger was a dude of a character to begin with.

I have no idea why they tried to make it into a movie.

Same with the Green Hornet.

the Green Hornet was a flop the minute they said Seth Rogan was going to be the Hornet....

Ever watch the show?

Batman was fun because it was campy.

Green Hornet?

It was just completely goofy. Never worked. Even with Bruce Lee.
the Green Hornet was no where as goofy as Batman Sallow.....the tv Hornet wasnt an inept idiot like the movie version guy.....and besides that.....back then no one knew how to do a comic without fucking it up....

Wow all linked to some guys opinion page. Welp! Opinions are like assholes and his stinks.

Matter fact, he's like the guy who yells "I didn't do it" when someone says the last cookie is missing. Telling on himself since there is no mention of white guilt in the movie.

Someone sounds like they are guilty of feeling....guilt

there was no evidence of Batman being a Pedophile either.....and yet way back when they tried to say his relationship with Robin was such....

I don't know, this looked a little suspicious..

220px-Batbed.png

Bob Kane said that wasnt anywhere in anyones mind who did the story.....only the real Religious would have those thoughts......or homophobes.....which one are you Joe?....

The movie was dud in its opening weekend and looks like it will be a major flop not surprising Holloywood has a knack for screwing up classics with remakes I believe this is the second time they have done it with The Lone Ranger.

The Lone Ranger was a dude of a character to begin with.

I have no idea why they tried to make it into a movie.

Same with the Green Hornet.

I think, from what I've seen, this movie didn't know if it wanted to play it straight as an action adventure movie or be a comedy because it had Johnny Depp in it. So it tried to be both and did neither well.

Also, it suffers from the "George Lucas" disease of creating action sequences that so bend the laws of physics that you just can't take them seriously.

They already did a remake of the Lone Ranger back in the 1980's, with Christopher Lloyd.

That was pretty awful, too.
its based on a comic Joe.....you are not supposed to take it seriously......why do people with your mindset even go to see these kinds of movies?....

Wow all linked to some guys opinion page. Welp! Opinions are like assholes and his stinks.

Matter fact, he's like the guy who yells "I didn't do it" when someone says the last cookie is missing. Telling on himself since there is no mention of white guilt in the movie.

Someone sounds like they are guilty of feeling....guilt

" Because the filmmakers recognized how racist the source material was, some critics have a problem with the politically correct (white guilt) social commentary which was put into this film in order to distance itself from the racist depiction of Native Americans."
The Lone Ranger: Haters Gonna Hate - San Jose Indie Movie | Examiner.com

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

I guess the thing is, you go back and watch those old Lone Ranger serials that I used to enjoy when I was a kid, today they are kind of cringe inducing with the way Tonto and other Native American Characters were portrayed.

Which might be part of the reason why this movie flopped. Those old serials have been shelved for decades. This wasn't a character that the younger audiences knew anything about.

Here's what I think the real crime is. No original ideas. Whether it be Star Trek or Green Hornet or Lone Ranger, Hollywood makes decisions based not on, "Gee, that's a story that needs to be retold", but on "Hey, people have heard of that. There will be an audience for it, right?"

So you get a bloated Star Trek movie that is a repackaging of The Wrath of Khan, when in fact, the original was just fine as it was and still holds up 30 years later

i agree with you there....if you want to call that Star Trek.....

How many threads have focused on the attempts by the Leftist 'education' system to indoctrinate our children???

Need there be another viewing of Youtube vids of teachers having little ones sing paeans of worship to Obama???

OK...we'll stipulate to it.

Now the Lone Ranger????

1."New Lone Ranger Movie: A Lesson in White Guilt...

etc., etc., etc, blah bhah blah

copy and paste
copy and paste
copy and paste
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

How many threads have focused on the attempts by the Leftist 'education' system to indoctrinate our children???

Need there be another viewing of Youtube vids of teachers having little ones sing paeans of worship to Obama???

Now the Lone Ranger????

1."New Lone Ranger Movie: A Lesson in White Guilt

2. What makes the Lone Ranger finally embrace the need for his mask, and hence the whole “secret identity” thing? In a nutshell, he realizes his fellow white men are corrupt, and complicit in the mass murder of Tonto’s fellow Native Americans.

3. If he takes the mask off, then he too will wind up becoming complicit. Yes, that’s right — in this film, the Lone Ranger’s mask is made of White Guilt.

4. We tend to think of superhero movies as power fantasies, in which the use of America’s status as a superpower is reflected by the hero struggling to use his or her power responsibly.

5. But Lone Ranger seems to be making the case that the real seductive fantasy of these stories is absolution from blame —

6. ....as long as he’s wearing the mask. He gets surcease from America’s original sin.

7. .... the movie flails at a storyline in which Tonto keeps insisting that "nature is out of balance," because of the crimes of the white outlaws who are secretly but obviously in league with all the white authority figures in the movie.

8. ....Tonto's fellow Native Americans think Tonto is just crazy and guilt-ridden, from Tonto's own complicity with evil white men.

9. In any case, by the time you stagger out of this endless nightmare, .... you will know that you have been the hose of the high colonic that this film has given America.

10. You will understand the American hero fantasy and its dreadful underpinnings. And you'll realize just why you're to blame for The Lone Ranger."
Disney's New Lone Ranger Movie: A Lesson in White Guilt | Restoring Liberty

I'm sorry but really, the Lone Ranger movie? Bwhahaha!!

Batman was successful as a movie franchise because it was treated seriously. The Lone Ranger failed because Disney tried to make it a comedy. What the Lone Ranger was really about, was not equality or how native Americans should be treated, it was about good v. evil. The Lone Ranger did something no other western character did, he had a best friend of a different race. The Lone Ranger had a strict moral code, and today, moral codes must be ridiculed. We can't have morality running around loose.

I think hollywood takes way too many liberties with squeezing agendas into their films

".... Oliver Stone's movie JFK was a brilliant accomplishment. In fact, there's really only one major flaw that I can detect in the movie: it was foisted upon a lazy and gullible public as gospel truth when in fact it is nothing but the unsubstantiated and paranoid lies and delusions of both its main character and its director.
JFK is a movie constructed on a shaky foundation of duplicity. So many lies of omission permeate the movie that it would take up another article to catalog them all."
Oliver Stone, JFK, and Conspiracies Destroyed - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

copy and paste
copy and paste
copy and paste

Whenever they show a somber moment after stacking zombie bodies in the walking dead I knew it was a plot to indoctrinate ppl into feeling "life guilt"

I can see that you're giving up....what fun is that?

One more kick in the rear?

"The white man is the evil menace because as Tonto says, “Indians are like coyotes (nature). They kill and leave nothing to waste. What does the white man kill for?” In the movie, the white man kills for power and money. So, in short, the white man believes the Indian to be savage, and civilization to be achieved through lawful means and “progress,” but what we see in this story is that the white man is the savage, progress is exploitative, and that the Lone Ranger ultimately comes to believe that if men like those in power represent the law, then he’d rather be an outlaw. He gives up his belief in due process to stay an outlaw at the end because “there comes a time when good men must wear a mask.”
Godawa's MovieBlog - SPOILER ALERT: Movie Exegesis, not Movie Reviews

Hollywood political indoctrination.....

..aimed at kids, or adults with the mental capacity of a 10-year-old.
Raise your paw.

Wow, I guess that this "librul conspiracy" started hundreds of years ago with this work by Tocqueville:
Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 18

I think hollywood takes way too many liberties with squeezing agendas into their films

".... Oliver Stone's movie JFK was a brilliant accomplishment. In fact, there's really only one major flaw that I can detect in the movie: it was foisted upon a lazy and gullible public as gospel truth when in fact it is nothing but the unsubstantiated and paranoid lies and delusions of both its main character and its director.
JFK is a movie constructed on a shaky foundation of duplicity. So many lies of omission permeate the movie that it would take up another article to catalog them all."
Oliver Stone, JFK, and Conspiracies Destroyed - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

copy and paste
copy and paste
copy and paste

Destroyed you, eh?

Now the Lone Ranger????

2. What makes the Lone Ranger finally embrace the need for his mask, and hence the whole “secret identity” thing? In a nutshell, he realizes his fellow white men are corrupt, and complicit in the mass murder of Tonto’s fellow Native Americans.

3. If he takes the mask off, then he too will wind up becoming complicit. Yes, that’s right — in this film, the Lone Ranger’s mask is made of White Guilt.

4. We tend to think of superhero movies as power fantasies, in which the use of America’s status as a superpower is reflected by the hero struggling to use his or her power responsibly.

5. But Lone Ranger seems to be making the case that the real seductive fantasy of these stories is absolution from blame —

6. ....as long as he’s wearing the mask. He gets surcease from America’s original sin.

7. .... the movie flails at a storyline in which Tonto keeps insisting that "nature is out of balance," because of the crimes of the white outlaws who are secretly but obviously in league with all the white authority figures in the movie.

8. ....Tonto's fellow Native Americans think Tonto is just crazy and guilt-ridden, from Tonto's own complicity with evil white men.

9. In any case, by the time you stagger out of this endless nightmare, .... you will know that you have been the hose of the high colonic that this film has given America.

10. You will understand the American hero fantasy and its dreadful underpinnings. And you'll realize just why you're to blame for The Lone Ranger."

Gee....you must be correct, and those reviewers quoted in the thread must be wrong.

Which paper do you write for?

Now the Lone Ranger????

Gee....you must be correct, and those reviewers quoted in the thread must be wrong.

He doesn't need to write for any paper. Again, using your logic:

Why do you ask?
Because I did see it, and I can comment intelligently on all the reviews the were posted in this thread. Can you?

I've never been in a concentration camp but can comment intelligently on same.

Wise up.

Different rules for PC tho...Remember you gave the definition of hypocrite. Well yeah.

Because I did see it, and I can comment intelligently on all the reviews the were posted in this thread. Can you?

Wise up.

Different rules for PC tho...Remember you gave the definition of hypocrite. Well yeah.

They, for the most part, are professionals who make their living writing reviews.
As you voted for a community organizer for President, I can see how background, training and experience would mean nothing to you.

Wise up.

They, for the most part, are professionals who make their living writing reviews.
As you voted for a community organizer for President, I can see how background, training and experience would mean nothing to you.

And your "training" to comment on the movie you never saw was other peoples views...that's ok

Someone questions those peoples views and they aren't allowed to question because they must write for a newspaper....

Your definition of hypocrite was spot on.

Who decided that works of fiction, in whatever media, ought not have 'agendas'?

Even the Bible has an agenda.

What about the long list of great novels in history? How many of them were truly agenda-free?

Steinbeck? Dickens? Hugo? Tolstoy? Salinger? ...Ayn Rand?

And your "training" to comment on the movie you never saw was other peoples views...that's ok

Someone questions those peoples views and they aren't allowed to question because they must write for a newspaper....

Your definition of hypocrite was spot on.

Let me see how succinctly I can put this:

You're a jerk.

Who decided that works of fiction, in whatever media, ought not have 'agendas'?

Even the Bible has an agenda.

What about the long list of great novels in history? How many of them were truly agenda-free?

Steinbeck? Dickens? Hugo? Tolstoy? Salinger? ...Ayn Rand?

This post might be the best possible example of the deleterious effects of the postmodernism of contemporary culture.

Hollywood Leftism, the Bible, "Steinbeck? Dickens? Hugo? Tolstoy? Salinger? ...Ayn Rand?"

Brain-dead acceptance of moral equivalence.

Don't ever change.

Now the Lone Ranger????

I just think that those "reviewers" are getting really paranoid and looking for a "librul conspiracy" under every rock. Did this film in question deviate from the original message and theme from the original Lone Ranger?

Soo PC who criticized anyone for a white guy portraying an Indian? According tour definition of course...

Maybe all five Indian actors in the US were busy.

Instead of you white liberals dictating what offends Native Americans, maybe we could ask one.

Whoa nice bait and switch Dave.
Yeah, 'bout what I thought. You don't give a shit what a real Indian thinks -- especially when he disagrees with you, a white liberal.
So instead of explaining how Depp playing an Indian is hypocritical (your words not mine) you cant so you now are onto a new point about whether or not all Indians are ok with it.

Quitter
I REALLY have to explain how Depp playing an Indian in this movie is hypocritical?

Dood. That's like having to explain that the sun comes up in the east.

You're making a special effort to NOT understand it. Let me try it again, dumbed down for you:

"White people suck for being mean to Indians. You should feel bad about it. But we're going to be mean to Indians by not going to give an Indian a job in this movie that tells you white people suck for being mean to Indians. We're going to give the job to a white guy with a spray-on tan."

Prediction: You will not understand this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back