Hey Dimocrats, has it sunk in just how much of a bloodbath you took last week?

In addition to losing the presidency, you will continue to be the minority in the House and Senate, but wait, there's more!!!

33 states will have Republican governors, and the Dims will only have a paltry 16.

Prior to the election, Dims only had a trifecta ( governor, legislature, senate) in 7 states, the lowest #since the Civil War. You would assume there was only one direction to go. Up. Instead, post this election, Dims will only have the trifecta in 5 states.

If you're contemplating jumping off a bridge, hopefully you've remembered me in your will.
The Democrats got their butt kicked. The Republicans have not had the Presidency, the House and the Senate since 1928.
But instead of gloating and rubbing it in the Democrats face I suggest the Republicans and all that put them in office get their butts in gear to do what they promised. Back out of our trade agreements and bring back manufacturing jobs to the USA; eliminate ISIS, solve the imigration problem, increase the current economic growth of 2%; decrease taxes on everyone; build up the military; pull back financial and military support for our NATO and Asian Allies.
There is absolutely no excuse to not do it all with having all branches of government.

And then see how that works for everyone. It better work or the Republicans will never hold power again.
Did you miss Bush's term? He had both houses and that was a lot more recent than 1928.
I have been trying to forget the Bush years. I probably forgot a few other Republican dominant years.
LOL.

Bush was important for me though - those years that the Republicans had full control were the years that they proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that they did not actually believe a damn thing that they were supposed to stand for. At least the things that I could get on board with.

Hey Dimocrats, has it sunk in just how much of a bloodbath you took last week

funny thing, RW's took one too they're just too damn dumb to know it.

Conservatives didn't win much, but Republicans have control. I'll take my chances with them however, way before I would with the Dims.

By the way Dims if you haven't headed to the nearest bridge yet, maybe this will be the final straw to get you moving.
In 2018 Dims will likely have another bloodbath in the Senate, as they'll have to defend 18 seats, 5 of which are in ruby-red states.

Bloodbath ? Playa please.

Yes trump won . But lost the pop vote . Dems picked up a seat in the senate .

Hardly a blood bath.

Bloodbath ? Playa please.

Yes trump won . But lost the pop vote . Dems picked up a seat in the senate .

Hardly a blood bath.

It was bad Timmyboy, and your youth and inexperience is showing. In addition to the other successes I've already posted, the GOP had to defend 24 of the 34 seats up for reelection in the Senate. This was supposed to be the Dims huge opportunity to take back the Senate. They didn't and now THEY will be the ones on defense in 2018 and will likely slip even further behind.

In addition to losing the presidency, you will continue to be the minority in the House and Senate, but wait, there's more!!!

33 states will have Republican governors, and the Dims will only have a paltry 16.

Prior to the election, Dims only had a trifecta ( governor, legislature, senate) in 7 states, the lowest #since the Civil War. You would assume there was only one direction to go. Up. Instead, post this election, Dims will only have the trifecta in 5 states.

If you're contemplating jumping off a bridge, hopefully you've remembered me in your will.
Awesome thread

10/10

Would recommend to a friend

The Democrats got their butt kicked. The Republicans have not had the Presidency, the House and the Senate since 1928.
But instead of gloating and rubbing it in the Democrats face I suggest the Republicans and all that put them in office get their butts in gear to do what they promised. Back out of our trade agreements and bring back manufacturing jobs to the USA; eliminate ISIS, solve the imigration problem, increase the current economic growth of 2%; decrease taxes on everyone; build up the military; pull back financial and military support for our NATO and Asian Allies.
There is absolutely no excuse to not do it all with having all branches of government.

And then see how that works for everyone. It better work or the Republicans will never hold power again.
???

G W Bush had the House, the Senate and his presidency.....the president before Obama....had all 3 for nearly 6 years?

Did you miss Bush's term? He had both houses and that was a lot more recent than 1928.
Democrats & history/math are incompatible

I have been trying to forget the Bush years. I probably forgot a few other Republican dominant years.
We understand. History is not a strong point for Dems.

???

G W Bush had the House, the Senate and his presidency.....the president before Obama....had all 3 for nearly 6 years?

???

2 != 6

He lost the Senate right after his election due to the Jefferys defection, giving the dims the Senate the first two years. He held house and Senate from 2005 to 2007, only to lose both in the 2006 mid-terms.

He had full control for 2, not six years.

Democrats ARE getting their butts kicked at the state level...and have been for a while!!!!

but as a glass HALF FULL kind of gal, :D

though meaningless, nationally Clinton carried the popular vote and was the choice of most citizen voters, and Democrats in the Senate won more seats and Republicans lost them, and in the U.S. House Republicans lost seats and the Democrats gained them.

???

???

2 != 6

He lost the Senate right after his election due to the Jefferys defection, giving the dims the Senate the first two years. He held house and Senate from 2005 to 2007, only to lose both in the 2006 mid-terms.

NOPE!

The biggest defeat in modern mid-term history two years ago hasn't even sunk into the empty heads of the democrat party base. Maybe they depend too much on the lying dishonest media for self deception.

???

???

2 != 6

i was wrong on 6 years, it was 5 years.

???

???

2 != 6

i was wrong on 6 years, it was 5 years.
5 years?

Elections are held every 2 years. He had both houses for 4 years AFAIK.

They are doing what they do best when things don't go their way, blame others and whine. The meltdown will continue for 4 years. They already hate the choices in his cabinet and the fact that he ditched them to go eat dinner. Everything will be a major issue from now on.

Democrats ARE getting their butts kicked at the state level...and have been for a while!!!!

though meaningless, nationally Clinton carried the popular vote and was the choice of most citizen voters, and Democrats in the Senate won more seats and Republicans lost them, and in the U.S. House Republicans lost seats and the Democrats gained them.

"Citizen voters"?

As most of us on this site are (presumably) not part of the transition team, we can take a few days to vent back at the people that have been doing nothing but spewing vile lies about us all year.

Which, btw, was on TOP of the vile lies they have been spewing about republicans in general for decades.

As I've pointed out, the GOP had to defend 24 of the 34 Senate seats this time around and the Dims only managed to topple two of them. That's not considered a successful night, and now the Dims will ge the ones on defense in two years .

Forum List

Back