hey democrats ! are yall ready for 5 dollar a gallon gasoline ?

It should be noted that the dollar is tied to oil.
are democrats going to be happy paying 5 bucks a gallon at the pump ? i mean the guy they voted for said he's going to crack down on the fossil fuel industry ! https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...n-draws-gop-attacks-with-call-transition-oil/

Presidents have nothing to do with gas prices, dickhead.
Well............................... Opening up certain parts of the world to allow it to be mined can have an effect on prices. Or... Perhaps shutting down fracking, something Biden has said he wants to do... In which case... You're an idiot.
This is a lie.

Biden is not going to ‘shutdown’ fracking.

And the notion that a president alone, by his actions alone, can change the price of gasoline is as ignorant as it is wrong.

The democrat party has been the source of evil in this country since it was founded by slave owners.........

Then why do things always get worse when Republicans are in charge?

So let's review, shall we? We'll just stick to the Republicans in my lifetime.

Trump - Plague, Riots, Recession
Bush - War, Recession, floods.
Bush- War, Recession
Reagan - Massive Debt, decline of the middle class.
Nixon/Ford - Massive corruption, War, Recessions, hyperinflation.

Well, you get the idea.

Now, yeah, Jimmy Carter had his problems, but what I remember about Clinton was the worst thing we had to worry about was whether or not he lied about getting a blow job. If that's the worst thing you have to worry about during a presidency, your life is pretty good.

Obama took the recession Bush gave him, and turned it around into a healthy economy.

They don't.....the democrats screw things up, then the republicans are blamd when they have to come in and clean it up.

Clinton put the economy into recession with his tax increases...which Bush had to deal with, then the democrats wrecked the housing market, due to clinton's housing policies, that crashed the market during Bush's term in office.......obama set the middle east on fire and created the worst mass regugee problem in Europe since WW2......you are an idiot.

Now, the democrats are letting the Chinese get away with crushing Trump's booming economy....all so they could take power .......and they will let the Chinese get away with killing over 250,000 Americans.......

are democrats going to be happy paying 5 bucks a gallon at the pump ? i mean the guy they voted for said he's going to crack down on the fossil fuel industry ! https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...n-draws-gop-attacks-with-call-transition-oil/

Well............................... Opening up certain parts of the world to allow it to be mined can have an effect on prices. Or... Perhaps shutting down fracking, something Biden has said he wants to do... In which case... You're an idiot.
And let’s ignore the EPA regulatory power which falls under the executive branch.
We will also ignore the fact that the president sets policy, which is then often used as a guidelines for bills that are drawn up by the house.
So while technically, the president doesn’t come out and say “abracadabra, gas is $5 a gallon. Shazam!”, to say he has nothing to do with prices is either ignorant or dishonest.

How is transitioning from oil to renewable sources going to raise the price of oil?

The price of gas is basic law of supply and demand which is largely controlled by OPEC and the US with fracking.

If supply exceeds demand then prices fall, when demand exceeds supply then prices tend to rise. Unless you have a monopoly and you can make your own price.

As such demand will always be there unless electric cars are able to take off and become viable. This may lead to lower gas prices as a way of making the current automobiles a better choice than electric.
If the transition away from oil happened in an organic way, then yes it shouldn’t affect the price of oil and gas.
But that’s not what the government under the democrats plan. They don’t plan on oil naturally being phased out as better things come along. They plan to tax and regulate to force us to use less, to transition us to other fuels. Fuels that are expensive (biodiesel), unreliable (wind, solar).
This forced transition will be expensive, and it will also further handicap out manufacturing ability, sending more of it overseas.
What’s comical about the whole thing is if you look at the statistics/charts worldwide regarding pollution (in this case CO2 pollution which the left screams about but is not very relevant compared with water vapor), we are barely a mouse fart in a room full of elephants. China and India pump out more in a day than we do in a month or so. Same with most types of pollution. I believe it was 90% of the plastic products in the sea come from China and India... yet here we are banning straws.
It’s a bad move. It will make barely any impact on a global scale, but it will further hamstring our nation.
If the liberals were at all serious, they be pushing nuclear power advancements and batteries. That would get us off oil by a very large degree. But they aren’t serious. The ones at the top use it as a talking point to leverage into more power and control. The fools among the plebs (us) parrot the “clean air, clean water, global warming” bullshit ad nauseam as here we are.

Like most of us suspect, you can bet Hoe Hidin will limit fracking. Whether it’s taxes, regulations, encouraging states to ban it, whatever. I’d bet on it.

Never give the political party that believes the Great Depression was their best moment, power over our energy sector and economy.....

And let’s ignore the EPA regulatory power which falls under the executive branch.
We will also ignore the fact that the president sets policy, which is then often used as a guidelines for bills that are drawn up by the house.
So while technically, the president doesn’t come out and say “abracadabra, gas is $5 a gallon. Shazam!”, to say he has nothing to do with prices is either ignorant or dishonest.

They know this....they don't care, and, in fact, they will lie to help the democrats do the damage..........keep telling the truth, cause someone has to....

And wh
Biden promised to promote Fracking when he was campaigning in Pennsylvania, so why would there be a fuel shortage that would lead to high gasoline prices?

Actually, Fracking has to be subsidized by the government because it's not economically practical when petroleum is at $46.00 a barrel.
And whats the reason it’s so cheap per barrel?
Because we drove down the prices due to our being able to crack and make oil cheaper. This caused opec and others to lower their prices to compete. They kept lowering the price per barrel Because other countries want to stop us from fracking, which causes us to rely on them again. Once we stop fracking, it’s a quick opec meeting to raise prices again. Prices which we then can not offset due to no longer fracking.
This isn’t a hard tactic to understand.

Gas prices are set by what happens on the international market. A POTUS has no power over that. Never did.

Furthermore, nobody but Gomer Pyle says "Shazam".

Apparently not, since I just schooled your ass.
No... You didn't. And again... We both know it.
So basically you're reduced to Pee Wee Herman going "I know you are but what am I". This is exactly why I advised,, know your shit before inserting foot in mouth.

Dismissed.
*grins* Maybe you don't know. Wow... I gave you too much credit. Sure, lets do this. :)

If you increase the supply, the price goes down. Supply and demand. Easy right? A president such as... I think it was Bush, opened up Alaska for drilling... Which increased the supply. Guess what the price did? You know why? Because there was more of it, see first sentence. Obama opened up Fracking...

There for a while the USA WAS the largest exporter of oil.

Notice that link is CNN. You think that had no effect on prices?

Gas prices are set by what happens on the international market. A POTUS has no power over that. Never did.

Furthermore, nobody but Gomer Pyle says "Shazam".
And when the US briefly became the HIGHEST EXPORTER of oil ... That had no effect on global prices. No... nonononono.

Come at me.

That's exactly right.

How is transitioning from oil to renewable sources going to raise the price of oil?

The price of gas is basic law of supply and demand which is largely controlled by OPEC and the US with fracking.

If supply exceeds demand then prices fall, when demand exceeds supply then prices tend to rise. Unless you have a monopoly and you can make your own price.

As such demand will always be there unless electric cars are able to take off and become viable. This may lead to lower gas prices as a way of making the current automobiles a better choice than electric.
IF its done by market forces not govt mandate.

Newsom wants us to pay mileage. We would have to report to DMV our monthly mileage to them, then pay them per mile. Whether that passes or not remains to be seen, but a bunch of people are going to be hurting really bad if it does.

Oh, and no more gas cars bought, sold, driven. All electric.
Guess I need to disconnect my speedometer sensor. No problem...I can figure speed by the tachometer. (1600rpm is 70mph.)

Newsom wants us to pay mileage. We would have to report to DMV our monthly mileage to them, then pay them per mile. Whether that passes or not remains to be seen, but a bunch of people are going to be hurting really bad if it does.

Oh, and no more gas cars bought, sold, driven. All electric.
Guess I need to disconnect my speedometer sensor. No problem...I can figure speed by the tachometer. (1600rpm is 70mph.)
Off topic... Loved those books. Reading the last one out now.

The democrat party has been the source of evil in this country since it was founded by slave owners.........

Then why do things always get worse when Republicans are in charge?

So let's review, shall we? We'll just stick to the Republicans in my lifetime.

Trump - Plague, Riots, Recession
Bush - War, Recession, floods.
Bush- War, Recession
Reagan - Massive Debt, decline of the middle class.
Nixon/Ford - Massive corruption, War, Recessions, hyperinflation.

Well, you get the idea.

Now, yeah, Jimmy Carter had his problems, but what I remember about Clinton was the worst thing we had to worry about was whether or not he lied about getting a blow job. If that's the worst thing you have to worry about during a presidency, your life is pretty good.

Obama took the recession Bush gave him, and turned it around into a healthy economy.

They don't.....the democrats screw things up, then the republicans are blamd when they have to come in and clean it up.

Clinton put the economy into recession with his tax increases...which Bush had to deal with, then the democrats wrecked the housing market, due to clinton's housing policies, that crashed the market during Bush's term in office.......obama set the middle east on fire and created the worst mass regugee problem in Europe since WW2......you are an idiot.

Now, the democrats are letting the Chinese get away with crushing Trump's booming economy....all so they could take power .......and they will let the Chinese get away with killing over 250,000 Americans.......
No. Joey is not an idiot. Joey is the purest, darkest example of undiluted EVIL on this forum. He is evil on the level of Stalin.

I remember the five dollar gas price here in east Tennessee. It was during the second half of 2008. It only lasted for a couple of days though.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. That Christmas, the price did come down around as far as $1.35. :) :) :)

Forum List

Back