hey democrats ! are yall ready for 5 dollar a gallon gasoline ?

candycorn

Alis volat propriis
Reaction score

Indeependent

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Darkwind

Gold Member
Reaction score

Kilroy2

Gold Member
Reaction score
How is transitioning from oil to renewable sources going to raise the price of oil?

The price of gas is basic law of supply and demand which is largely controlled by OPEC and the US with fracking.

If supply exceeds demand then prices fall, when demand exceeds supply then prices tend to rise. Unless you have a monopoly and you can make your own price.

As such demand will always be there unless electric cars are able to take off and become viable. This may lead to lower gas prices as a way of making the current automobiles a better choice than electric.

Darkwind

Gold Member
Reaction score
How is transitioning from oil to renewable sources going to raise the price of oil?

The price of gas is basic law of supply and demand which is largely controlled by OPEC and the US with fracking.

If supply exceeds demand then prices fall, when demand exceeds supply then prices tend to rise. Unless you have a monopoly and you can make your own price.

As such demand will always be there unless electric cars are able to take off and become viable. This may lead to lower gas prices as a way of making the current automobiles a better choice than electric.
Unless.....

Don't worry, I won't hold My breath waiting on you to figure it out.

Bob Blaylock

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why will we even care what gasoline costs, when we no longer need it, because Joe Biden is going to give us all magical unicorns that we can ride everywhere, that can run faster than cars, and don't cost anything to feed or care for?

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

In many parts of the country, we cannot even supply enough electrical power to reliably meet our current needs.

Where are we going to get the extra power to charge all those electric cars?

Last edited:

Pogo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Newsom wants us to pay mileage. We would have to report to DMV our monthly mileage to them, then pay them per mile. Whether that passes or not remains to be seen, but a bunch of people are going to be hurting really bad if it does.

Oh, and no more gas cars bought, sold, driven. All electric.

Tipsycatlover

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Newsom wants us to pay mileage. We would have to report to DMV our monthly mileage to them, then pay them per mile. Whether that passes or not remains to be seen, but a bunch of people are going to be hurting really bad if it does.

Not monthly but yearly. Paid along with registration.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
are democrats going to be happy paying 5 bucks a gallon at the pump ? i mean the guy they voted for said he's going to crack down on the fossil fuel industry ! https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...n-draws-gop-attacks-with-call-transition-oil/
When you get welfare, you don't care about the price.
are democrats going to be happy paying 5 bucks a gallon at the pump ? i mean the guy they voted for said he's going to crack down on the fossil fuel industry ! https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...n-draws-gop-attacks-with-call-transition-oil/
When you get welfare, you don't care about the price.
They don't have cars because welfare is not enough.

Muhammed

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Gracie

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Oh. Sorry. I thought it was montly. Yearly is worse. Imagine people who have to drive half an hour or so to get to work? Those who have to see doctors more than once a week. Or get tests done. Or move. Or....insert here_______________ other needs of driving somewhere.
Ack!!!

Tipsycatlover

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Oh. Sorry. I thought it was montly. Yearly is worse. Imagine people who have to drive half an hour or so to get to work? Those who have to see doctors more than once a week. Or get tests done. Or move. Or....insert here_______________ other needs of driving somewhere.
Ack!!!
When cars get their every two year smog test the results are automatcally transmitted to Sacramento. We just send in the check. All they need to do is have automatic transmission of the odometer reading and the owner is billed. My understanding is that there will be a flat charge up to 5000 miles a year.

People wanted electric cars. They didn't want to pay gas taxes. Hah.

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Reaction score

That's fucking insane.

I'm sooooo glad I left there when I did...

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List