Heroes and villains of Health reform

Once again thinking approval ratings somehow define your accomplishments.
Pelosi has been willing to draw the fire from the right and take the heat in order to pass this legislation. It will go down as a career defining accomplishment.
It was also a career defining accomplishment when Hitler killed millions of Jews. Just because she might get this done doesn't make it a good thing.

The coverage does not end after 6 years now does it asshole

Hey foul mouth.....no one said it will end after 6 years.
Work on your reading comprehension issues....THEN try to make America more to your liking.

Read what the asshole wrote.

10 years for 6.

Its not six years of coverage its lifetime coverage huh?

You are liars.

lifetime my ass. it will only last til the country is bankrupt, I doubt that will be six years..

Work on your reading comprehension issues....THEN try to make America more to your liking.

10 years for 6.

You are liars.

Yo.....foul mouth....you once again have proven you have reading comprehension issues.

The poster said that we will be taxed for 10 years for 6 years of coverage. That is 100% accurate and by no means relates to the years following.

According to the CBO...the first 6 years of HC will be paid for with ten years of taxes.

The poster was 100% correct.

You read it wrong.

Suggestion:

Learn to comprehend what you read
Then wash your mouth out with soap.
No wonder you are a lonely pitiful individual.

That is nothing but right wing lies.

No surprize that is about all you know about ANY subject.

So I am curious...

Are you saying that it is a right wing lie that the tax increases begin immediately, but the bulk of the benefits of the bill do not kick in until 2013-2014?

that's what tm would have you believe. ever notice when a democwats has nothing else they call you a liar? ever notice that's all tm ever does is accuse the right of lying?? tm'g got nuttin but pond scum.

TM will have me believe nothing she says.

She is inarticulate.

She is misinformed.

She is noticeably not very intelligent.

She has a foul mouth.

She has nothing to add to my life whatsoever.

10 years for 6.

You are liars.
Logic might tell someone that if 10 years of taxation for 6 years of benefits only produces a $100 billion surplus, then 10 years of taxation for 10 years of benefits creates a big deficit. But, that's probably a right-wing lie too, right?

Dont forget the asshole who stood in front of the cameras yesterday and threatened the people who voted for it.

He said he would put an HOLD on any person who voted for it and left public office and then got an appointment to a government post.

too funny how you forget about another asshole who threatened and is still threatening people who voted against it

yeah, your messiah

yeah right,, we all know how you are gonna collect ten years of taxes with only 6 years of benefits,, so how many people you gonna let die in the intervening 4 years>>>> you're okay with that though aren't ya asshole?

Private insurance companies have been doing this for years. But, you're OK with that aren't ya asshole?

So I guess you didnt notice.

The rap for HCR went from ...making sure all are insured...and when that didnt fly it went to lowering costs....and when that didnt fly...it went to the outrageous 2-4% profits of the insurance comapnies...and when didnt stick it went to all of the people the insurance comnpanies are letting die.

Only problem with that is.....it aint true.

It ain't? Please humor me with your version of the truth...

Dont forget the asshole who stood in front of the cameras yesterday and threatened the people who voted for it.

He said he would put an HOLD on any person who voted for it and left public office and then got an appointment to a government post.

too funny how you forget about another asshole who threatened and is still threatening people who voted against it

yeah, your messiah

Go get a quote of this person you claimed was threatening people

the demons systematically demonize, their enemies,, the banks, wall street, now the insurance companies.. they are fucking pond scum, they hate this country and are intent on bringing it down. assholes.

yeah, your messiah

are you this much of a hack? its been all over the news, he came out and told dems that if they don't vote for it, he will not help them in the upcoming elections....

try reading non far leftist sites for once, you might finally learn something

Caterpillar: Health care bill would cost it $100M
Published on March 19, 2010 7:10 AM | Submit a comment
Dow Jones Newswires | Caterpillar Inc. said the health-care overhaul legislation being considered by the U.S. House would increase the company's health-care costs by more than $100 million in the first year alone.

In a letter Thursday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and House Republican Leader John Boehner of Ohio, Caterpillar urged lawmakers to vote against the plan "because of the substantial cost burdens it would place on our shareholders, employees and retirees."
Caterpillar, the world's largest construction machinery manufacturer by sales, said it's particularly opposed to provisions in the bill that would expand Medicare taxes and mandate insurance coverage. The legislation would require nearly all companies to provide health insurance for their employees or face large fines.

The Peoria-based company said these provisions would increase its insurance costs by at least 20 percent, or more than $100 million, just in the first year of the health-care overhaul program.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Isn't this the same company that Obama lied about the jobs he saved?!

yeah, your messiah

are you this much of a hack? its been all over the news, he came out and told dems that if they don't vote for it, he will not help them in the upcoming elections....

exactly...

and nobody sucks Dick Cheney's dick either. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah, your messiah

Here I found it for you!

Stupak: Health fight has been 'living hell? - TheHill.com

Private insurance companies have been doing this for years. But, you're OK with that aren't ya asshole?

The rap for HCR went from ...making sure all are insured...and when that didnt fly it went to lowering costs....and when that didnt fly...it went to the outrageous 2-4% profits of the insurance comapnies...and when didnt stick it went to all of the people the insurance comnpanies are letting die.

300 million people in the US. 300 million. Think about it. 300 million people in the US and we see on the news things like women beaten by their husbands.....horror stories of girl scout cookie theives and....wives that leave the country with theiur children without their x-husbands permission......and this last one is the kicker and is a most applicable....landlords that cheap out on heat and have burners shut off at 64degrees.....and ALL of those stories are reported to the news by the victims.....

Believe me VaY....if an isnurancee company TRULY let people die, it would be on the news.

The only ones I hear about are those that write letters to the President, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid........

Not ONE seems to be valid enough for the news to report.

300 million people....you dont think there would be ONE NATIONAL STORY of a person that was left to die by the insurance company?

Sorry VaY...I do not simply believe a letter written to a politician.....

But please...continue to believe what you want.

yeah, your messiah

Cool. Since it has been "all over the news", it should be very easy to find a quote from Obama. Please, post one here.

300 million people in the US. 300 million. Think about it. 300 million people in the US and we see on the news things like women beaten by their husbands.....horror stories of girl scout cookie theives and....wives that leave the country with theiur children without their x-husbands permission......and this last one is the kicker and is a most applicable....landlords that cheap out on heat and have burners shut off at 64degrees.....and ALL of those stories are reported to the news by the victims.....

Believe me VaY....if an isnurancee company TRULY let people die, it would be on the news.

The only ones I hear about are those that write letters to the President, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid........

300 million people....you dont think there would be ONE NATIONAL STORY of a person that was left to die by the insurance company?

Raw Story Real ‘Norma Rae’ dead of cancer after battle with health insurer
[Sutton] went two months without possible life-saving medications because her insurance wouldn’t cover it, another example of abusing the working poor, she said.

“How in the world can it take so long to find out (whether they would cover the medicine or not) when it could be a matter of life or death,” she said. “It is almost like, in a way, committing murder.”

She eventually received the medication, but the cancer is taking a toll on her strong will and solid frame.

Caterpillar: Health care bill would cost it $100M
Published on March 19, 2010 7:10 AM | Submit a comment
Dow Jones Newswires | Caterpillar Inc. said the health-care overhaul legislation being considered by the U.S. House would increase the company's health-care costs by more than $100 million in the first year alone.

In a letter Thursday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and House Republican Leader John Boehner of Ohio, Caterpillar urged lawmakers to vote against the plan "because of the substantial cost burdens it would place on our shareholders, employees and retirees."
Caterpillar, the world's largest construction machinery manufacturer by sales, said it's particularly opposed to provisions in the bill that would expand Medicare taxes and mandate insurance coverage. The legislation would require nearly all companies to provide health insurance for their employees or face large fines.

The Peoria-based company said these provisions would increase its insurance costs by at least 20 percent, or more than $100 million, just in the first year of the health-care overhaul program.

The devil is in the details. The question is WHAT, in particular is going to cost them $100M? Do you have any idea?

My thoughts exactly. If the republicans hadn't insisted on taking the bite out of the penalty for not enrolling, there wouldn't be any problem.

Cool. Since it has been "all over the news", it should be very easy to find a quote from Obama. Please, post one here.

The president will refuse to make fund-raising visits during November elections to any district whose representative has not backed the bill.

A one-night presidential appearance can bring in hundreds of thousands of dollars in funds which would otherwise take months to accumulate through cold-calling by campaign volunteers.

Mr Obama's threat came as the year-long debate over his signature domestic policy entered its final week.

Barack Obama threatens to withdraw support from wavering Democrats - Telegraph

Raw Story Real ‘Norma Rae’ dead of cancer after battle with health insurer
[Sutton] went two months without possible life-saving medications because her insurance wouldn’t cover it, another example of abusing the working poor, she said.

“How in the world can it take so long to find out (whether they would cover the medicine or not) when it could be a matter of life or death,” she said. “It is almost like, in a way, committing murder.”

She eventually received the medication, but the cancer is taking a toll on her strong will and solid frame.

Yep....just as I was saying....300 million people in the US and the best you can come up with is a story of one woman....ONE WOMAN that was a victim of poor administrative procedures...and one that was resolved, albeit, perhaps too late.

Thats my point. Whether a private insurance company or public option or whatever...there will always be something falling through the cracks.....sad, but reality....

But if that is the best you got, then you aint got nothing.

Forum List

Back