Herman Cain Is Running For President!!!

You are wrong. The majority of our Founders were in fact Christian scholors, and believed that Godly character is prerequiste to holding public office.... Study the Founders and learn the truth for the truth will set you free indeed...

zeitgeist2012's Blog | New age Spartans? or New age global Babylon?

No brother, you are wrong ..

Thomas Jefferson -

"All persons shall have full and free liberty of religious opinion; nor shall any be compelled to frequent or maintain any religious institution": freedom for religion, but also freedom from religion."

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state."

"History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."

"I may grow rich by an art I am compelled to follow; I may recover health by medicines I am compelled to take against my own judgment; but I cannot be saved by a worship I disbelieve and abhor."

"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is easier to acquire wealth and power by this combination than by deserving them, and to effect this, they have perverted the purest religion ever preached to man into mystery and jargon, unintelligible to all mankind, and therefore the safer for their purposes."

"... shake off all the fears of servile prejudices under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a god because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. You will naturally examine first the religion of your own country. Read the bible then, as you would read Livy or Tacitus."

"... I repeat that you must lay aside all prejudice on both sides, and neither believe nor reject any thing because any other person, or description of persons have rejected or believed it. Your own reason is the only oracle given you by heaven, and you are answerable not for the rightness but uprightness of the decision."

"I am for freedom of religion and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another."

"I will never, by any word or act, bow to the shrine of intolerance, or admit a right of inquiry into the religious opinions of others"

"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and ingrafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man"

Across the ages, clergy have been interested [according to Jefferson] not in truth but only in wealth and power; when rational people have had difficulty swallowing "their impious heresies," then the clergy have, with the help of the state, forced "them down their throats." Five years later, he [Jefferson] wrote of "this loathsome combination of church and state" that for so many centuries reduced human beings to "dupes and drudges."

"A professorship of Theology should have no place in our institution [the University of Virginia]."

"I never told my own religion, nor scrutinized that of another,"

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a Virgin Mary, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter.... But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away [with] all this artificial scaffolding."

Jefferson expressed himself strongly on that larger apocalypse, the Book of Revelation, in a letter to Alexander Smyth of 17 January 1825: it is "merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy, nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams."

James Madison --

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprize [sic], every expanded prospect."

"Strongly guarded as is the separation between Religion & Govt in the Constitution of the United States the danger of encroachment by Ecclesiastical Bodies may be illustrated by precedents already furnished in their short history."

"And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together."

George Washington --

"Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be deprecated. I was in hopes that the enlightened and liberal policy, which has marked the present age, would at least have reconciled Christians of every denomination so far that we should never again see the religious disputes carried to such a pitch as to endanger the peace of society"

John Adams --

"We should begin by setting conscience free. When all men of all religions ... shall enjoy equal liberty, property, and an equal chance for honors and power ... we may expect that improvements will be made in the human character and the state of society."

"Let the human mind loose. It must be loose. It will be loose. Superstition and Dogmatism cannot confine it"

Benjamin Franklin --

I am fully of your Opinion respecting religious Tests; but, tho' the People of Massachusetts have not in their new Constitution kept quite clear of them, yet, if we consider what that People were 100 Years ago, we must allow they have gone great Lengths in Liberality of Sentiment on religious Subjects; and we may hope for greater Degrees of Perfection, when their Constitution, some years hence, shall be revised. If Christian Preachers had continued to teach as Christ and his Apostles did, without Salaries, and as the Quakers now do, I imagine Tests would never have existed; for I think they were invented, not so much to secure Religion itself, as the Emoluments of it. When a Religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its Professors are obliged to call for help of the Civil Power, it is a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.

I could go on and on and on. America was founded by people who had ESCAPED religious persecution .. and to suggest that they wanted that same persecution or authorithy in the government they were creating is not history, it is the hyperbole they warned of.

Last edited:
Cain does take stands on issues that are religion based.
I believe gay marriage is a strange thing but it doesn't affect my 35 year marriage and if 2 people love each other I am not bothered at all and encourage them to marry.
Who gives a shit? Get me another beer out of the box.
Cain is not a true conservative wasting government's time on the gay marriage issue.
Gays are a non issue with me. Let them marry and be miserable like the rest of us. (Grin)

Excellent thinking

You are both wrong to a very large degree on the Founders, and it is always the case where progressive parrots and progressive courts try to misinterpret and redifine the Founder's intent, personal and political documents.... Again, read and learn the true words and intent of our Founders...

I just posted the short list of a long ass list of the true words of the Founders that completely refute your claim.

Are you sure you want to sink to the level of "progressive parrots?"

I'm pretty sure that GaDawg does not consider himself a progressive .. and even if he did, name-calling does not prove your point. I'm pretty good at name-calling myself, but I have not done that .. I've approached your questions and this discussion with civility .. so has GaDawg.

Last edited:
What you quoted was not anti-Christian except for Madison who came out of the closet in his feeble latter years and became a political and social outcast.... I believe they buried him in a field as being unfit for a sanctified graveyard... It might of been Payne? Not much difference though in peoples attitudes towards both of them at that time.... You can read all about it in the link I posted....

I will not take this post on Mr. Herman Cain and turn it into a topic that requires its own thread. Feel free to start one on the topic of the Founders....

You are wrong. The majority of our Founders were in fact Christian scholors, and believed that Godly character is prerequiste to holding public office.... Study the Founders and learn the truth for the truth will set you free indeed...

No they weren't. 60% of the signers were Episcopalian/Anglican and they didn't study scripture often. The Treaty of Tripoli states that we are not a nation founded on Christianity. Washington never declared himself a Christian. James Madison "religous bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise". Ben Franklin was a Deist.
There is NO religous prerequisite to hold public office for a reason.
Article VI Prohibition on Religous Tests to Hold Public Office "No religous test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"
Founders RAN from that in Europe and wanted no part of religion ruining this country.
but that actually comes from the Christian concept of free will

Last edited:
What you quoted was not anti-Christian except for Madison who came out of the closet in his feeble latter years and became a political and social outcast.... I believe they buried him in a field as being unfit for a sanctified graveyard... It might of been Payne? Not much difference though in peoples attitudes towards both of them at that time.... You can read all about it in the link I posted....

I will not take this post on Mr. Herman Cain and turn it into a topic that requires its own thread. Feel free to start one on the topic of the Founders....

With all due respect brother I'm not really interested in threads on religion. My interest is politics. The only time I get embroiled with religion is within the political context.

Frankly, you've proven exactly why I don't want ministers like Cain in political office and why I don't have much respect for the historical, constitutional, or religious perspectives from the right. Reality, truth, honesty, and any sense of compassion or understanding of the human journey are COMPLETELY absent. I'm not just talking about your perspectives, but you .. to use your own word .. "parrot" right-wing thought.

I asked you how do you reconcile this love of God with your attempt to place the blame for American fiscal ignorance on the backs of poor people seeking a better life .. when Jesus would welcome the poor and thrown the money-changers out of the temple?

You said nothing about our incredibly bloated military budget .. GROSS in comparison to all the world.

Your interpretation of the Founders love of religion doesn't even make common sense. What they sought was freedom FROM religion and a secular nation.

Do you know what this is?

article.JPG

It's part of Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli .. it reads ..

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." -- Signed, George Washington, President of the United States, 4 November 1796.

When the Treaty came before the new gpvernment of John Adams to be ratified in May 1797, IT WAS READ ALOUD on the floor of the Senate, and copies were distributed to every senator. It passed and the vote was recorded as unanimous.

Upon passage, Adams signed the treaty and proclaimed it to the nation on 10 June 1797 and he wrothe the following ..

"Now be it known, That I John Adams, President of the United States of America, having seen and considered the said Treaty do, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, accept, ratify, and confirm the same, and every clause and article thereof. And to the End that the said Treaty may be observed and performed with good Faith on the part of the United States, I have ordered the premises to be made public; And I do hereby enjoin and require all persons bearing office civil or military within the United States, and all other citizens or inhabitants thereof, faithfully to observe and fulfill the said Treaty and every clause and article thereof."
Does the 1796-97 Treaty with Tripoli Matter to Church/State Separation?

Your history is distorted brother .. as is most HIS-STORY that comes from the right.

Last edited:

No they weren't. 60% of the signers were Episcopalian/Anglican and they didn't study scripture often. The Treaty of Tripoli states that we are not a nation founded on Christianity. Washington never declared himself a Christian. James Madison "religous bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise". Ben Franklin was a Deist.
Article VI Prohibition on Religous Tests to Hold Public Office "No religous test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"
Founders RAN from that in Europe and wanted no part of religion ruining this country.

Free will, individualism, justice, and friendship were concepts of Mithraism. Mithraism morphed into Christianity, so the concept of free will is not an original christian idea.

Free will, individualism, justice, and friendship were concepts of Mithraism. Mithraism morphed into Christianity, so the concept of free will is not an original christian idea.
interesting that it seems to post date Christianity

Mithraic mysteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the poor and oppressed Thomas Jefferson said it best.... Famous Thomas Jefferson Quote

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

As for the mis-interpretation of the treaty of Tripoli...

WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - Treaty of Tripoli

Separation of Church + State Myth: Founding Fathers True View On Religion's Role In Government

Separation of Church + State Myth: Founding Fathers True View On Religion's Role In Government

That's why you can't trust Wiki

ROMAN Mithraism does not predate Christianity, but PERSIAN Mithraism goes.

Christianity grew out of a mixture of Persian Mithraism, Judaism and the works of individuals such as St. Paul who gave us written records of this synthesis.
http://www.vexen.co.uk/religion/mithraism.html

Last edited:

Christianity grew out of a mixture of Persian Mithraism, Judaism and the works of individuals such as St. Paul who gave us written records of this synthesis.
Mithraism and Early Christianity
while i dont "trust" Wiki, please provide another source
Wiki was the first link that came up

Back to the topic ..

REASONS WHY REPUBLICANS WILL NOT NOMINATE CAIN

1. He was once Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank.

2. Lost running for Ga. Senate in 2006 .. Lost running for US president in 2000.

3. He backed Obama's Wall Street bailout .. which Cain called, "The Recovery Plan."

4. He believes that nationalizing the banks is not a bad idea.

5. Has donated to democrats.

6. He's black :eek:

Herman Cain is just an opportunist and I seriously doubt that even he's dumb enough to believe he'd get the nomination or that he'd have any chance of winning.

while i dont "trust" Wiki, please provide another source
Wiki was the first link that came up

The link I provided and try goggling "Persian Mithraism"

"Mithraism and Judaism merged and became Christianity. Jesus, son of the Hebrew sky God, and Mithras, son of Ormuzd are both the same myth. The rituals of Christianity coincide with the earlier rituals of Mithraism, including the Eucharist and the Communion in great detail. The language used by Mithraism was the language used by Christians. St Paul as the first "Christian" bears much of the responsibility for merging the two in his preaching and teaching, and also comes from Tarsus, a major Mithraist center.

The idea of a sacrificed saviour is Mithraist, so is the symbolism of bulls, rams, sheep, the blood of a transformed saviour washing away sins and granting eternal life, the 7 sacraments, the banishing of an evil host from heaven, apocalyptic end of time when God/Ormuzd sends the wicked to hell and establishes peace. Roman Emperors, Mithraist then Christian, mixed the rituals and laws of both religions into one. Emperor Constantine established 25th of Dec, the birthdate of Mithras, to be the birthdate of Jesus too. The principal day of worship of the Jews, The Sabbath, was replaced by the Mithraistic Sun Day as the Christian holy day. The Catholic Church, based in Rome and founded on top of the most venerated Mithraist temple, wiped out all competing son-of-god religions within the Roman Empire, giving us modern literalist Christianity"

1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, according to the Mithraic religion, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense.

2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.

3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.

4) After the death of Mithra, his body was laid to rest in a rock tomb.

5) Mithra had a celibate priesthood.

6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).

Of the following (semi) deities, legends went around that they were born of a virgin:

Augustus (his father was the god Apollo)
Agdistis
Attis
Adonis
Buddha
Dionysus
Korybas
Krishna
Mithras
Osirus
Perseus
Romulus and Remus
Tammuz
Zoroaster
Jesus

http://www.christianity-revealed.com/cr/files/mithraschristianity.html

The story of Jesus IS the story of Hercules.

Last edited:
You are both wrong to a very large degree on the Founders, and it is always the case where progressive parrots and progressive courts try to misinterpret and redifine the Founder's intent, personal and political documents.... Again, read and learn the true words and intent of our Founders...

Nothing about being wrong my friend. It is written in stone.
I read verbatim from The Constitution. It is THE LAW that there is NO religous prereguisite to hold public office.
They wrote it that way for a reason. The reason: A few Founders WANTED a religous test.
They lost out and the Founders that wanted NO religous test for office won and that language was written in The United States Constitution.
Do not believe the myths taught about the Founders. The religous folks then were The Torries and the Anglican church which sided with The Monarchy.
Our side were the rebels. They made their own whiskey, were grand smugglers, bred with their own slaves and sold off their offspring, stated publicly their disdain for European governments with their religous influences and ran at every chance they could from those influences in thye writing of The United States Constitution. It mentions God no where.
The Founders were rather UnChristlike in many ways.

Nothing about being wrong my friend. It is written in stone.
I read verbatim from The Constitution. It is THE LAW that there is NO religous prereguisite to hold public office.
They wrote it that way for a reason. The reason: A few Founders WANTED a religous test.
They lost out and the Founders that wanted NO religous test for office won and that language was written in The United States Constitution.
Do not believe the myths taught about the Founders. The religous folks then were The Torries and the Anglican church which sided with The Monarchy.
Our side were the rebels. They made their own whiskey, were grand smugglers, bred with their own slaves and sold off their offspring, stated publicly their disdain for European governments with their religous influences and ran at every chance they could from those influences in thye writing of The United States Constitution. It mentions God no where.
The Founders were rather UnChristlike in many ways.

Again, very well said. :clap2:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." -- Signed, George Washington, President of the United States, 4 November 1796.

I'm sure you didn't address it because you missed it.

Care to address it now?

Forum List

Back