Here we go again

Preachers have been saying you would go to hell for voting different from them for years. It's one of the reasons I'm seriously considering if Christianity is as correct as I have always thought it was. ..

well, you can always get some of that miracle spring water on tv and undo your vote .

miracle spring water on tv ...:lmao::lmao:

Preachers have been saying you would go to hell for voting different from them for years. It's one of the reasons I'm seriously considering if Christianity is as correct as I have always thought it was. ..
Bulldog, it is a common mistake to blame Christianity for the failures and downright foolishness of Christians. Christianity is a good guideline in spite of the sorry actions of Christians. One just has to learn to tell the sheep from the goats.

We heard it during Bush 43, that if we DIDN'T vote for him we'd be in deep doo doo with God. Now this? Much as I am against Trump, this from a pulpit is disgusting!

Southern Baptist leader: opposing Trump puts you "on the right side of Jesus"

“There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other!”
Now will, mentioning hell is more often not a sermon but a figure of speech...from a pulpit it's a sermon, one I would walk out on. I do realize that one's conscience, guided by one's religion, does influence your vote. I just strongly believe you should come to that conclusion without undue special interest influence. And your church has a big influence. It is hard enough with all the pundits, bloggers and pompous opinions to sort thru the bombast. I draw the line at the pulpit.

I'm uneasy about the character of Hillary and especially the Donald. Then recalling Matthew 7:3-5 (New Revised Standard Version NRSV) I feel uneasy about feeling uneasy about it.

Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’ eye.

Maybe you've just been going to the wrong church.

I'm uneasy about the character of Hillary and especially the Donald. Then recalling Matthew 7:3-5 (New Revised Standard Version NRSV) I feel uneasy about feeling uneasy about it.

Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’ eye.
Knowing you've a log in your own eye is the best protection from being a hypocrite. But no one's perfect.

Maybe you've just been going to the wrong church.

After being constantly inundated by hate from people that claim Christianity for political purposes,inside and outside of a church building, It's a lot more than just the wrong church.

Forum List

Back