Here is what is driving right wingers to the cliff of total insanity

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Ever noticed on FoxNews, they have an incredibly consistent habit of one particular phrase or suggestion. They'll show government stuff, like conferences or retreats, or projects. And it's always headed or concluded with the phrase "That you're paying for" or "On your dime" or some other phrase that pushes the viewer subconsciously to feel like they, alone, individually are paying for all the things Fox shows them. Its very subtle, and I just realized it. But, what a tactic for the idiots watching. They rip Cass Sustein (spell???) for his book "Rules for Radicals" which suggests using lots of small nudges rather than blunt means.

Well, Fox is following that model. They "nudge" the viewer to think they, and they alone, are paying for all the little bits they run all day about government spending. Just now I saw Neil Cavuto showing some beautiful hotel resort, and he said "Why should YOU care who is staying here? Well, because YOU may be footing the bill". As is Bubba Lee Hicks in Texas is watching from his double wide, and HE alone is paying $200,000 for a weekend stay for government officials ( I didn't finish watching, but being Fox, I assume that's what happened).

And its driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, it nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves. When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax. They're too poor. George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

Does Fox show the $35,000,000,000 of federal subsidies which go to large agribusinesses?

How about the more than $1,400,000,000,000 of tax expenditures Congress gives away every year? I find it pretty hard to get steamed up about a $20,000 hotel bill when I think about that.

That's what you are paying for...

Last edited:
I don't watch Fox News...

But I have noticed that a lot of people who profess to hating Fox News spend a good deal of time watching Fox News...

That used to be all I watched. Now I watch 'em all, to get a well rounded view of whats being put out there.

But it's like a beating drum. Every single time I watch Fox, they push all these supposedly outrageous stories "That YOU are paying for".

Well, I may in the grand scale pay one freakin' penny per year towards those projects. I just don't care that much about a penny.

Do I pay for farm subsidies and environmental protection stuff, etc, etc? Yeah, a bit more. And that's fine. I want stocked grocery stores, clean water and air. Stable roads. You know...a civilized society.

And the government employees who work to bring us that civil, stable society? Well, they aren't born as govt workers. They are part of the free labor market just like everyone else. They need things for good morale also. They need enough perks and compensation to compete with the private sector for good labor. I don't see the problem? If a retreat for the hard working folks of the Dept of Energy or FDA helps boost morale, and create a better organization, so be it. Sure, be responsible with it, but unless we want a bunch of tards who picked between McDonalds vs Government as their career choices, then we must compete with the Microsoft, banks, retail, etc, etc, of the world for the educated and talented workers in this country.

Ever noticed on FoxNews, they have an incredibly consistent habit of one particular phrase or suggestion. They'll show government stuff, like conferences or retreats, or projects. And it's always headed or concluded with the phrase "That you're paying for" or "On your dime" or some other phrase that pushes the viewer subconsciously to feel like they, alone, individually are paying for all the things Fox shows them. Its very subtle, and I just realized it. But, what a tactic for the idiots watching. They rip Cass Sustein (spell???) for his book "Rules for Radicals" which suggests using lots of small nudges rather than blunt means.

Well, Fox is following that model. They "nudge" the viewer to think they, and they alone, are paying for all the little bits they run all day about government spending. Just now I saw Neil Cavuto showing some beautiful hotel resort, and he said "Why should YOU care who is staying here? Well, because YOU may be footing the bill". As is Bubba Lee Hicks in Texas is watching from his double wide, and HE alone is paying $200,000 for a weekend stay for government officials ( I didn't finish watching, but being Fox, I assume that's what happened).

And its driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, it nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves. When, in fact, most red states are full of people who don't pay federal income tax. They're too poor. George Clooney, Warren Buffett, and other Obama supporters pay FAR FAR FAR more towards those "outrageous" government expenditures than the Wal-Mart rats who get into outrage over the latest Fox story telling us what "YOU are paying the tab for".

Lefties have it back-assward as usual. It seems that a single fair and balanced network is driving the left wing bonkers. You won't see many right right wingers posting hateful stuff about ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC , Al Jazeera and the tax payer supported PBS but there is incoherent hatred on the left for Fox. It doesn't even satisfy the left that Tea Party people can't get tax exempt status but there is an entire left wing research blog called "newshounds" that is tax exempt and monitors Fox 24/7 "so you won't have to".

Does Fox show the $35,000,000,000 of federal subsidies which go to large agribusinesses?

How about the more than $1,400,000,000,000 of tax expenditures Congress gives away every year? I find it pretty hard to get steamed up about a $20,000 hotel bill when I think about that.

That's what you are paying for...

or disability benefits.

But I have noticed that a lot of people who profess to hating Fox News spend a good deal of time watching Fox News...

That used to be all I watched. Now I watch 'em all, to get a well rounded view of whats being put out there.

But it's like a beating drum. Every single time I watch Fox, they push all these supposedly outrageous stories "That YOU are paying for".

Well, I may in the grand scale pay one freakin' penny per year towards those projects. I just don't care that much about a penny.

Do I pay for farm subsidies and environmental protection stuff, etc, etc? Yeah, a bit more. And that's fine. I want stocked grocery stores, clean water and air. Stable roads. You know...a civilized society.

And the government employees who work to bring us that civil, stable society? Well, they aren't born as govt workers. They are part of the free labor market just like everyone else. They need things for good morale also. They need enough perks and compensation to compete with the private sector for good labor. I don't see the problem? If a retreat for the hard working folks of the Dept of Energy or FDA helps boost morale, and create a better organization, so be it. Sure, be responsible with it, but unless we want a bunch of tards who picked between McDonalds vs Government as their career choices, then we must compete with the Microsoft, banks, retail, etc, etc, of the world for the educated and talented workers in this country.

I watched about 10 years ago or so, but grew tired of the crap. Haven't gone back, don't miss it. Probably smarter for it...

Are the viewers taxpayers? Then yes, they are footing the bill.

We all can't be like you and live off government cheese.

Its a classic sales technique. Create fear of loss and the prospect buys in. They later wonder why they have unused widgets piled up in their garage. Unfortunately all media does something similar not just Fox.

I hate Fox, CNN and MSNBC.

However, Fox talks about the current issues that matter, even if they talk about them in a way that I don't' agree with.

Flip on MNSBC, and you can't go 30 seconds without hearing that someone is either a racist, sexist or homophobe (whether it is true or not).

Flip on CNN and you get to hear about celebrity drama.

inscription03.jpg

Same thing happens with MSNBC and CNN on their soap boxes over the oppressed masses.

I hate Fox, CNN and MSNBC.

However, Fox talks about the current issues that matter, even if they talk about them in a way that I don't' agree with.

Flip on MNSBC, and you can't go 30 seconds without hearing that someone is either a racist, sexist or homophobe (whether it is true or not).

Flip on CNN and you get to hear about celebrity drama.

And truth be told, it is getting every harder to find a thread on here that isn't about one of those topics.

Wow, a major fuck up in each paragraph

Well done!

1. Cass did not write your Bible, "Rules for Radicals" that was Saul Alinsky. I know you're playing ignorant by getting the author wrong

2. We are paying for that, who do you think pays for it, Obama;s stash?

3. Buffett structures his investments to AVOID PAYING TAXES and he deposited all his wealth in a TAX FREE Trust.

LOL BucsStarkey, the fake "Conservative"

Yeah, we believe you and Jake

They'll show government stuff, like conferences or retreats, or projects. And it's always headed or concluded with the phrase "That you're paying for" or

We are paying for it.

[BOn your dime" or some other phrase that pushes the viewer subconsciously to feel like they, alone, individually are paying for all the things Fox shows them][/B]

Nobody feel like this, we know what they are saying...you think everyone is as stupid as you are, not so.

They rip Cass Sustein (spell???) for his book "Rules for Radicals" which suggests using lots of small nudges rather than blunt means.

Saul Alinsky wrote it you moron.

And its driving right wingers to the verge of insanity. Deep down, it nudges them to think they are paying for ALL those trips and conferences and projects all by themselves

We are paying for it and again you are confusing others with being as stupid as you are.

Seriously, I am embarrassed for you.

Have you noticed lefty's act like FOX is the only network that does that it really drives them past the point of insanity when you point out all media outlets TV, print, radio, or on the web all do the same to one degree or another. Truth really messes with that FOX obsession they have.

Just because you unconditionally support the government does not mean that everyone who doesn't is a right winger.

Forum List

Back