Here is definitive proof of republicans' immature attempt at obstruction

I have no problem with an opposition party that opposes. That's sort of the point.

Opposition parties have always existed. The current one has forgotten that compromise is also part of the equation.

Well, like I said, I think they should be obstructing as much as legally possible. My biggest beef with the Democrats is how badly they've failed at being good obstructionists. If they'd done a better job of opposing Bush we might not be saddled with the Patriot act and hopelessly mired in the Middle East.

A decent opposition ensures that only legislation with broad support becomes law. That's the way it should be.

"The latest Democratic attack is pretty straightforward in its insanity. Because the GOP won’t let the Democrats spend more money, people are getting Ebola. The Democrats would have you believe that the very same government that could not build an Obamacare website with hundreds of millions of dollars could somehow cure Ebola yesterday with more money.

"There is just one problem: facts.

"According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, in January the CDC won in the budget deal.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will see an 8.2 percent budget increase for fiscal 2014, thanks to a $1.1 trillion spending bill announced by Congress Jan. 13.

"But not just that. There was also this nugget of news:

This influx of cash will raise the CDC budget to $6.9 billion, which is $567 million more than it received in 2013. This is more than the agency anticipated, because the president’s fiscal year 2014 budget request for it was just $6.6 billion — a decrease of $270 million from fiscal 2012.

Yes, you read that right. Republicans in the House of Representatives voted to give the CDC more money that President Obama requested."​

Republicans Appropriated More for the CDC This Year Than Obama Requested RedState

I really don't think anyone in the dem party should be pointing out the stupidity of anyone else at this time.

I have no problem with an opposition party that opposes. That's sort of the point.

Opposition parties have always existed. The current one has forgotten that compromise is also part of the equation.

Says the one that voted for Obama twice.

I didn't vote for Obama once. But I'd rather stick my nuts in a vice than vote for any of the current breed of republicans.

Why go to conference on a DOA bill?

Isn't that the standard line you progressives use?

Besides, I note that you do NOT list the bill that the request for conference was targeted with.

Now, list every bill that Cheddar Reid has failed to bring to the floor.

Each and every one of them.

I noticed that too. Meh, he's a lefty, you didn't expect honesty did you?

Well, like I said, I think they should be obstructing as much as legally possible. My biggest beef with the Democrats is how badly they've failed at being good obstructionists. If they'd done a better job of opposing Bush we might not be saddled with the Patriot act and hopelessly mired in the Middle East.

A decent opposition ensures that only legislation with broad support becomes law. That's the way it should be.
But why wouldn't the republicans just agree to meet for conference? Don't you see how your logic falls apart? If dems are proposing a situation that implies a dialogue, why wouldn't the repubs agree to the conference? If from there the dems were rigid, it would only make them look bad. Instead it is republicans who look bad.

"The latest Democratic attack is pretty straightforward in its insanity. Because the GOP won’t let the Democrats spend more money, people are getting Ebola. The Democrats would have you believe that the very same government that could not build an Obamacare website with hundreds of millions of dollars could somehow cure Ebola yesterday with more money.

"According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, in January the CDC won in the budget deal.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will see an 8.2 percent budget increase for fiscal 2014, thanks to a $1.1 trillion spending bill announced by Congress Jan. 13.

This influx of cash will raise the CDC budget to $6.9 billion, which is $567 million more than it received in 2013. This is more than the agency anticipated, because the president’s fiscal year 2014 budget request for it was just $6.6 billion — a decrease of $270 million from fiscal 2012.

Yes, you read that right. Republicans in the House of Representatives voted to give the CDC more money that President Obama requested."​

Republicans Appropriated More for the CDC This Year Than Obama Requested RedState

I really don't think anyone in the dem party should be pointing out the stupidity of anyone else at this time.
Lol they are panicking because it could affect them. They denied fire disaster relief to the Western states however. That's because they aren't near that problem.

And this....

"President Obama proposed to cut the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) funding in his fiscal year 2012 budget proposal.
But the Obama administration proposed to cut CDC funding, including for public health preparedness and response, in its very own budget proposal released the very same week as the House vote.

Obama’s original budget plan for fiscal year 2012 cut funding for a CDC public health emergency preparedness program by $72 million. The proposed cuts would have taken money away from municipal and state health departments to hire health workers and monitor for public health hazards and disease outbreaks."
Obama Tried To Cut CDC Disease Preparedness Budget The Daily Caller

Lol they are panicking because it could affect them. They denied fire disaster relief to the Western states however. That's because they aren't near that problem.

Obama proposed cut in CDC budget.

Obama Tried To Cut CDC Disease Preparedness Budget The Daily Caller

Why go to conference on a DOA bill?

Isn't that the standard line you progressives use?

Besides, I note that you do NOT list the bill that the request for conference was targeted with.

Now, list every bill that Cheddar Reid has failed to bring to the floor.

Each and every one of them.
Conference is talking about the bill. It's coming to a compromise. Republicans must make a decision about the bill based on hearing dems' perspective. That is how it works.
And yet, every bill sent to the Senate by the house has been held for a no vote by Reid. You and the media along with Reid use the phrase, "Dead on Arrival" before the bill has even been passed.

It is YOU who does not even understand your own topic.

Stop obstructing the peoples will.

But why wouldn't the republicans just agree to meet for conference? Don't you see how your logic falls apart? If dems are proposing a situation that implies a dialogue, why wouldn't the repubs agree to the conference? If from there the dems were rigid, it would only make them look bad. Instead it is republicans who look bad.

Do you have the slightest clue what a conference committee is? Or who participates? No hurry I'll give you time to look it up.

Do you have the slightest clue what a conference committee is? Or who participates? No hurry I'll give you time to look it up.

Billy has no clue.....period.

The whole argument is circular....and retarded.

Forum List

Back