Here are 1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
This is my own writing. It's much too long to post all of it here.

I cited sources for everything.

Here are 1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.​

As the author of this blog post, I grant the following permission: Anyone may freely copy it in any part or in its entirely, without asking my permission, and without paying any money. I do ask that you please cite a link to Here are 1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.

I ask you to please show this list to as many people as possible – and especially, to please show it to as many Obama supporters as possible. Sunshine really is the best disinfectant. I can’t stop Obama from doing any of these horrible things, but I can tell people about what he is doing. So please share this list with others on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Thank you. The short link for this is Here are 1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.

Introduction to the list

Every President, every politician, and every human being tells lies and engages in acts of hypocrisy. But Barack Obama did these things to a far greater degree than anyone else that I have ever known of. His campaign promises were so much better sounding than anyone else’s – no lobbyists in his administration, waiting five days before signing all non-emergency bills so people would have time to read them, putting health care negotiations on C-SPAN, reading every bill line by line to make sure money isn’t being wasted, prosecution of Wall St. criminals, ending raids against medical marijuana in states where it’s legal, high levels of transparency. Obama’s promises of these wonderful things sounded inspiring and sincere. They sounded so much better than the promises of any other President. So when Obama broke these promises, it felt so much worse than when other Presidents broke their promises.

In the 2008 United States election, I wrote in Ron Paul for President. In the 2012 election, I voted for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson. Those who are of a more leftist persuasion than myself might want to consider voting for the Green Party in future elections.

Some of the things on this list are major events that should scare the daylights out of any true liberal who cares about civil liberties.

Other things on this list are medium things that some Obama supporters may dislike, but would be willing to overlook in light of the things that Obama has done which they like.

And some of the things on this list may seem trivial, but I still think they are an interesting reflection of the kinds of policies that Obama supports.

Every claim that I make in this list is sourced. Click on the underlined text to see the sources. I have cited a wide variety of sources, from right wing, to left wing, to middle of the road.

I welcome any comments and criticisms that you may have. If you say my list is wrong, please back up your claim by citing specific examples.

And now, on with the list:

1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.

1) Carried out military interventionism in Libya without Congressional approval

In June 2011, U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) said that Obama had violated the Constitution when he launched military operations in Libya without Congressional approval.

In April 2014, Ralph Nader said that Obama should be impeached for his actions in Libya.

2) Gave a no-bid contract to Halliburton cronies – just like Bush did

In May 2010, it was reported that the Obama administration had selected KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton, for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011, just hours after the Justice Department had said it would pursue a lawsuit accusing the Houston-based company of using kickbacks to get foreign contracts.

Don’t be fooled by the words “former subsidiary.” These are the same Halliburton cronies that Bush gave a no-bid contract to.

3) Has an administration full of lobbyists, after promising he wouldn’t have any

On November 15, 2007, in Las Vegas, Nevada, Obama said that lobbyists

“… will not work in my White House.”

However, by February 2010, he had more than 40 lobbyists working in his administration. A list of them can be seen here.

4) Had close ties to Wall St., but pretended to support Occupy Wall St.

Although Obama claimed to support the Occupy Wall St. movement, the truth is that as of 2011, he had raised more money from Wall St. than any other candidate during the previous 20 years. In early 2012, Obama held a fundraiser where Wall St. investment bankers and hedge fund managers each paid $35,800 to attend. In October 2011, Obama hired Broderick Johnson, a longtime Wall Street lobbyist, to be his new senior campaign adviser. Johnson had worked as a lobbyist for JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fannie Mae, Comcast, Microsoft, and the oil industry.

5) Broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay

Obama’s campaign made the following promise:

“As president, Barack Obama will close the detention facility at Guantanamo.”

PolitiFact rated this as

“promise broken”

In July 2012, ABC News reported that this

“… might be President Obama’s biggest broken promise”

I have gotten more criticism for this particular item than for any other item on my list. People have said that Obama “tried” to close Guantanamo Bay, but was blocked by Republicans in the House and Senate. However, Obama did not promise that he would “try” to close it. He promised that he would “close” it. Furthermore, there were enough Democrats in the House and Senate to pass Obamacare without any Republicans voting for it, so if you want to blame someone in the House and Senate for failing to close Guantanamo Bay, then I suggest that you blame the Democrats.

I'll just begin by dealing with #1 below.

So while the statement is correct, the big lie is in the fact that Obama isn't alone.

As with any politically motivate claims, an effort needs to be made to portray the following long list by ensuring the very first claim can stand scrutiny.

Here are 1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.​

As the author of this blog post, I grant the following permission: Anyone may freely copy it in any part or in its entirely, without asking my permission, and without paying any money. I do ask that you please cite a link to Here are 1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.

I ask you to please show this list to as many people as possible – and especially, to please show it to as many Obama supporters as possible. Sunshine really is the best disinfectant. I can’t stop Obama from doing any of these horrible things, but I can tell people about what he is doing. So please share this list with others on Facebook, Twitter, etc. Thank you. The short link for this is Here are 1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.

Introduction to the list

Every President, every politician, and every human being tells lies and engages in acts of hypocrisy. But Barack Obama did these things to a far greater degree than anyone else that I have ever known of. His campaign promises were so much better sounding than anyone else’s – no lobbyists in his administration, waiting five days before signing all non-emergency bills so people would have time to read them, putting health care negotiations on C-SPAN, reading every bill line by line to make sure money isn’t being wasted, prosecution of Wall St. criminals, ending raids against medical marijuana in states where it’s legal, high levels of transparency. Obama’s promises of these wonderful things sounded inspiring and sincere. They sounded so much better than the promises of any other President. So when Obama broke these promises, it felt so much worse than when other Presidents broke their promises.

In the 2008 United States election, I wrote in Ron Paul for President. In the 2012 election, I voted for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson. Those who are of a more leftist persuasion than myself might want to consider voting for the Green Party in future elections.

Some of the things on this list are major events that should scare the daylights out of any true liberal who cares about civil liberties.

Other things on this list are medium things that some Obama supporters may dislike, but would be willing to overlook in light of the things that Obama has done which they like.

And some of the things on this list may seem trivial, but I still think they are an interesting reflection of the kinds of policies that Obama supports.

Every claim that I make in this list is sourced. Click on the underlined text to see the sources. I have cited a wide variety of sources, from right wing, to left wing, to middle of the road.

I welcome any comments and criticisms that you may have. If you say my list is wrong, please back up your claim by citing specific examples.

1,375 well sourced examples of Barack Obama’s lies, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, hypocrisy, waste, etc.

In June 2011, U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) said that Obama had violated the Constitution when he launched military operations in Libya without Congressional approval.

In April 2014, Ralph Nader said that Obama should be impeached for his actions in Libya.

In May 2010, it was reported that the Obama administration had selected KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton, for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011, just hours after the Justice Department had said it would pursue a lawsuit accusing the Houston-based company of using kickbacks to get foreign contracts.

Don’t be fooled by the words “former subsidiary.” These are the same Halliburton cronies that Bush gave a no-bid contract to.

3) Has an administration full of lobbyists, after promising he wouldn’t have any

However, by February 2010, he had more than 40 lobbyists working in his administration. A list of them can be seen here.

Although Obama claimed to support the Occupy Wall St. movement, the truth is that as of 2011, he had raised more money from Wall St. than any other candidate during the previous 20 years. In early 2012, Obama held a fundraiser where Wall St. investment bankers and hedge fund managers each paid $35,800 to attend. In October 2011, Obama hired Broderick Johnson, a longtime Wall Street lobbyist, to be his new senior campaign adviser. Johnson had worked as a lobbyist for JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fannie Mae, Comcast, Microsoft, and the oil industry.

PolitiFact rated this as

“promise broken”

I have gotten more criticism for this particular item than for any other item on my list. People have said that Obama “tried” to close Guantanamo Bay, but was blocked by Republicans in the House and Senate. However, Obama did not promise that he would “try” to close it. He promised that he would “close” it. Furthermore, there were enough Democrats in the House and Senate to pass Obamacare without any Republicans voting for it, so if you want to blame someone in the House and Senate for failing to close Guantanamo Bay, then I suggest that you blame the Democrats.
Obama practically emptied GITMO....so he might as well have closed it.
Many of the terrorists that were held there are free and committing acts of terror as we speak.

Should there by any need to deal with the remaining 1374 examples when the first one can be so quickly and easily discredited?

A case can be made on political grounds against any and all US presidents of the 20th. and 21st. centuries, but it must be ironclad enough to withstand scrutiny for more than 10 minutes!

there were enough Democrats in the House and Senate to pass Obamacare without any Republicans voting for it, so if you want to blame someone in the House and Senate for failing to close Guantanamo Bay, then I suggest that you blame the Democrats.
On his second full day in the White House, President Obama issued an executive order to close Guantanamo within a year. It never happened because it would have brought the detainees there to American prisons and Congress was not on board. He did manage to shrink the number from 245 to 55 before he left office. In essence, America wanted Guantanamo closed but didn't want to do what was required. I see that as America's failure, not just Obama's.

Should there by any need to deal with the remaining 1374 examples when the first one can be so quickly and easily discredited?

A case can be made on political grounds against any and all US presidents of the 20th. and 21st. centuries, but it must be ironclad enough to withstand scrutiny for more than 10 minutes!

Are you saying that Kucinich and Nader lied?

Yep.....but that's all thrown out the window when the White House openly conspires with the media and social media to lie to the public.

Introduction to the list

PolitiFact rated this as

“promise broken”

This is really good, BRAVO! I'm reading it now and will finish and forward. It confirms what many of us knew though, Obama is an outstanding con-man, they really had to go deep to find someone who can be sold so clean yet be so dirty. A perfect fit for communist goals.

In part it was because he was black, remember, we were being trained to believe whites are racist so anyone dare critic O'bummer they were............................RACIST!

Do you think Biden knew that Obama was a liar when he said: "you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”?

New Topics

Forum List

Back