Her (Max)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
The recent leaps in artificial intelligence have caused many pundits to recollect this movie.

In fact, ChatGPT seems to have deliberately designed a voice for their newest AI model which sounds just like Scarlett Johansson, who was the AI voice in Her. She's not happy about that, at all.

Her takes place in the near future in an idyllic society. A lonely soon-to-be-divorced man (Joaquin Phoenix) is convinced to hire an AI (called an Operating System in the movie) to be his emotional companion. He receives an earpiece, a tiny tablet, and a camera dot which allows the OS to see him and his surroundings.

His OS has the sexy voice of Scarlett Johansson.

Throughout the movie, he passes other people on the street with OS's.

I won't spoil this movie, but I've seen articles where opinionators say this movie has a sad ending. I actually think the ending is a very happy one. I would explain but that would be a major spoiler.

You'll have to decide for yourself.

ChatGPT is as close to actual artificial intelligence as a match is to a supernova

We are no where near creating real AI and the term, as it's used now, is a buzzword, like cyber from the '90s or information superhighway from the '80s.

Saw it when it came out.
Naturally, as weird as their culture is, the Japanese do this very thing in real life. (Have a romantic "relationship" with A.I.)
It is an interesting, and albeit possibly damaging to humanity to the nth degree, that eventually technology will create a better person to be with - than another human being.
Try to imagine what a sex doll will be like in another 50 years. I would be very willing to bet that it will feel better than a real person. And imagine that doll is also quite intelligent and programmed to please you not just sexually, but in every other way.
It is easy for us to think it would be pointless, but no one could ever imagine 50 years ago that people would look at a tiny screen for 15 hours a day instead of interacting with people in real life.

Forum List

Back