Hello from the Midwest

Welcome.

What do you think the direction and future is?
I don't think it is positive right now as the current administration wants to pay people to sit at home, give couples making up to $150k child tax credit checks (singles up to $112k), and then some states are offering up to $1500 for people to return to work. I realize most of this is to help them hold seats in the Mid Term (in essence they are buying votes). We were a soft society 2 decades ago and now it is even worse. Our future as a nation is not looking good.

Welcome.

I don't think it is positive right now as the current administration wants to pay people to sit at home, give couples making up to $150k child tax credit checks (singles up to $112k), and then some states are offering up to $1500 for people to return to work. I realize most of this is to help them hold seats in the Mid Term (in essence they are buying votes). We were a soft society 2 decades ago and now it is even worse. Our future as a nation is not looking good.

You'll do pretty well here. You should change your handle to Extraordinary Guy.

:laughing0301:

Last edited:
1626448256975.png

Need a compass?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
I have lived in IN, IL, OH, and IA. Currently I am semi retired in KY
You're definitely qualified. A lot of my mom's family is from Lexington , Ky, and I grew up mostly in NE Ohio- Akron -Summit County area,in the valley before it became a National Park. Been in the south for the past 40 years, but haven't lost my 'midwest accent'. Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Welcome.

I'm a cheap date. Give me $500 and I'll agree with everything you say.

Welcome.

Thanks and welcome. You will fit in just fine here at USMB. The Trumpiest, most right wing board on the Internets! :)

Just an ordinary guy worried about the direction and future of our great country.
Hello OG and welcome to USMB! I’m a midwesterner as well and imo (surely not affected by where I happen to live) we can never have enough midwesterners in the mix! Okay, so I want to add that southerners are just as good as midwesterners, and northerners are also good people overall, and those living in all other regions are good too lol

There are only a few who qualify as being truly uninformed (either by choice or circumstance) on this board, and they’re mostly good people too, just not really aware of things lol

It’s fun finding an engaging debate and they happen daily in various categories. You’ll soon learn which posters come here to learn, share info, and enjoy humor and friendly sarcasm, and then we have a few who don’t like any of that and their motivation remains a mystery! Lol

I look forward to reading your posts!

Forum List

Back