Hello from a free state

You are a funny guy. It cost much less than Illinois to the West and Michigan to the North. Plus, we are not being arbitrarily shut down for mandate nonsense. The poor people of Michigan couldn't even go to the lawn and garden section of their stores because of their little dictator.
We have a majority republican in the Senate since 1984. How is that helping us?

Let me tell you, it's going to be Trump vs Biden... wow! What a great selection! Wait, wasn't that the same selection as last time? I dunno, I don't remember... We're too stupid to understand.

Ah right, page 11, Freedom is subjective. I wondered if there was a definitive list as we all too often hear from Americans that they're free but no one else is. So you get, "Land of the Free", so I'm forever searching for this mysterious list.
Everything in life is subjective when personal interpretations are allowed.

The following provides why this Cato
analysis is a “fair assessment” (also found on page 11 of the source) :“Freedom” is a moral concept. What most people mean by freedom is the ability to pursue one’s ends without unjust interference from others. Of course, reasonable people can disagree about what counts as unjust interference, and it is also controversial whether freedom in this sense ought to trump other desiderata, such as social welfare, equality of outcome, or equity. These questions cannot be answered in a value-neutral way, but citizens and poli- cymakers must try to answer them nonetheless. We are forthright about our moral philosophy so that we can be precise about what counts as “freedom” for us, but we recognize that others may define freedom differently. We have made the data and weights available online so that people can alter our index to fit their own conceptions of freedom.

Seeking an objective analysis with fixed requirements for perception that all will find accurate does not take into account individual mindsets. No two humans think exactly alike, and this can be argued with twin studies as well.

As part-idealist (but much less so than 10 years ago) I understand your quest for such an “undisputed list”. Because I am now more cynical than I was 10 years ago, however, I would question any author who presents such a list as irrefutable.

Forum List

Back