Hello, everyone!

No Sympathy

Feb 17, 2022
Hello,

Semi newish to the political world, found your forum & thought I'd give it a go as I really liked the layout and the discussions presented.

I am eager to learn more about the world of politics, discuss politics, and hopefully, become better and discussing/debating political topics (in a civil manner of course).

Currently live in Portland, OR but I am looking to move (at least outside of Portland) and who knows in the future.
Also, I work in the healthcare field, which I have been doing now for well over 10+ years.

Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to political discourse of all kinds!

Cheers!

Hello,

Semi newish to the political world, found your forum & thought I'd give it a go as I really liked the layout and the discussions presented.

I am eager to learn more about the world of politics, discuss politics, and hopefully, become better and discussing/debating political topics (in a civil manner of course).

Currently live in Portland, OR but I am looking to move (at least outside of Portland) and who knows in the future.
Also, I work in the healthcare field, which I have been doing now for well over 10+ years.

Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to political discourse of all kinds!

Cheers!
Welcome aboard! Sometime the civil manner isn't to civil, so watch what zone you are responding in and hold on to your ass.

Hello,

Cheers!

The good thing about wanting a civil discourse is you can block the massive amounts of people who'll insult without a thought. I've got hundreds blocked....

Welcome aboard! Sometime the civil manner isn't to civil, so watch what zone you are responding in and hold on to your ass.

That's always good advice however, I think I can handle a bit of uncivil behavior up to a certain point.

The good thing about wanting a civil discourse is you can block the massive amounts of people who'll insult without a thought. I've got hundreds blocked....

I will be sure to remember that great feature - hopefully I don't have to use it too much and I can hold my ground a bit.

That's always good advice however, I think I can handle a bit of uncivil behavior up to a certain point.

I will be sure to remember that great feature - hopefully I don't have to use it too much and I can hold my ground a bit.

"up to a point" is going to come at you very quickly.

Hello,

Cheers!

Looney Tunes Daffy Duck GIF - Looney Tunes Daffy Duck Hello GIFs

Hello,

Cheers!
How many people did ya kill ?
Just askin

I stayed as far away from downtown Portland as I could when all the riots started in 2020.

Last November was the first time I was downtown for one of my good friend's birthday and that place was a ghost town for a Friday night.
It was almost eerie to see the downtown looking like it did that night.

Also avoided most large highways in Portland as well since they also liked using those to block cars and attack people.

:welcome:

We will have to have a cyber adult Beverage and you can clue me in on why you stayed in Portland during the troubles...

View attachment 602939

Its been mainly work and family related reasons to staying however, that will most likely change in the next year (fingers crossed).

I'd at least like to make it out of Portland and move anywhere but here - basically anything south, east, south east or south west.
Once you get out of the county that Portland is located in, things resemble what a normal state should look like.

Also, the troubles that we had in Portland was all centralized to downtown, so anyone outside the city (i.e. suburbs) were perfectly okay.

We just lost out on going downtown because everyday and every night it looked like a mini war.

No Sympathy
I understand... I used to have those worries myself... My kids have kids and I have been retired for several years...
Is there any hope for Portland? Has to have an undesirable effect on the business environment...

Forum List

Back