Hell, Not for the Faint of Heart

Well they did need "leverage" to control and attract the masses.
Do not what we say and burn in eternal torment, do what we say and be rewarded by heaven after death.
Strange how both the punishment and reward take place after our death?
There was punishment long ago. It was called the Vatican, and they made radical Islam look like a bunch of pussies. Funny thing is, they killed off a lot of Jews, despite their religion being loosely based on Jewish scripture.

Well the Christians owe the Jews their religion.
If they had not had Christ crucified there would likely be no christian religion today.

Christians are technically still Jews, since Jesus came in the name of the Jewish god Yahweh.

HELL is a place that would exist if GOD was nothing but a super-human being.

in reading 'conversations with god' one will find that 'god' says there is no hell...that humans are just too basic to understand the concept of 'god' and 'god' would never punish humans for being unable to grasp something totally out of their reach....

guess it all depends on how you feel about the books etc

in reading 'conversations with god' one will find that 'god' says there is no hell...that humans are just too basic to understand the concept of 'god' and 'god' would never punish humans for being unable to grasp something totally out of their reach....

guess it all depends on how you feel about the books etc

I think that some humans are only able to grasp a god who looks like them: Vindictive, petty, small-minded, and angry.

again it all goes to grasping the concept and power of a 'god'

when ask by the author if hitler was in hell....god replied no...that there was no hell....

the book is a most interesting read....this movement may in a hundred years be a valid organized religion....they are asking for donations ..that is always the first sign lol

There is no light without the dark. There is no good without evil. The "reward" of heaven would be hollow and useless without the threat of "hell" Without the threat of hell there could be no control of the masses.

it sure has been for the males...now hasnt it? i would love to write books that give me control...works for me....and sure has worked for men

There was punishment long ago. It was called the Vatican, and they made radical Islam look like a bunch of pussies. Funny thing is, they killed off a lot of Jews, despite their religion being loosely based on Jewish scripture.

If they had not had Christ crucified there would likely be no christian religion today.

Christians are technically still Jews, since Jesus came in the name of the Jewish god Yahweh.

Sort of a jewish offshoot/sect.
They follow the Jewish bible (old testament) and the New Testament.

Sort of a jewish offshoot/sect.
They follow the Jewish bible (old testament) and the New Testament.

That's why I had to throw in the "technically". As far as American Christianity, it's become more like a prechristian Romanesque state religion. They may as well just be pagans without the polytheism.

They are also on the face of the earth.

They are any of the conditions that create suffering.

We as humans can at least try to soothe suffering or encourage it.

There in lies the only decent path for mankind.

Helping to end suffering and soothe those who suffer.

Some for some silly reason think ending and soothing suffering should only be done by certain people or not even people but some imaginary god or gods.

Look to yourself.

Do what you can to end and soothe suffering with any means you have.

That includes the social construction of government.

In fact its the most effective way.

Forum List

Back