Heisman Goes To The Player With The Most Hype....Not The Best Player

I don't have a horse in this race either. This is what talking football is about.

Couchpotatoes talking about football.

Some give in the the hype and others use their brains.

It's always interesting to me to see all of the no-name players from irrelevant schools that do well in the league, such as Brock Purdy, whom you mentioned. There are also plenty of superstar college players that bust completely.

It's always interesting to me to see all of the no-name players from irrelevant schools that do well in the league, such as Brock Purdy, whom you mentioned. There are also plenty of superstar college players that bust completely.
A lot of it depends on the team that drafts them. Some clubs are better at developing young QBs.

The Packers drafted Jordan Love who was inconsistent in college but has shown improvement in Green Bay. He still isn't a finished product but has a high ceiling.

Brock Purdy is an average to below average QB playing on a ridiculously stacked roster with an offensive genius coach. Everyone acts like SF didnt go to the SB in 2020 with Jimmy G as their QB and without McCaffery. That they didnt go to the Conference Champ game in 2022 losing by 3 points with Jimmy G as the QB without McCaffery. Purdy isnt like the 4th-5th most valuable player on his team. Trent Williams, McCaffery, Deebo and Kittle, are all 100% more important to the 49ers success than Purdy. You can probably add in the HC in there as well.

The Packers drafted Jordan Love who was inconsistent in college but has shown improvement in Green Bay. He still isn't a finished product but has a high ceiling.
Maybe. Love has been in the league for 4 years now, but everyone is grading his performance like he's a rookie.

Portland State is not a good team. They have a losing record. Along with the vast majority of Oregon's schedule, Portland St, Hawaii, CU, Stanford, Cal, Wash St, Az St, all had losing records and TTU was .500. So 8 of there 13 games were against teams at or below .500. That's 75% of their schedule for those keeping score at home. The other 5 games were 2 against WSU which they lost, Unranked Utah., Ore St, and a USC team who doesn't play defense.

You're banging on teams like Army but they had a winning record, and played a tougher schedule than Portland St. Same with Georgia St.

BTW LSU played 3 teams in the top 10. Winning one of those games. How many wins does Oregon have against top 10 teams again?

Bo Nix was playing in the 4th quarter of their game against 3 win Cal. He scored one of his 6 TD's in the 4th when they were up by 4 scores. You're talking out of your ass.

I didn't get nasty. I just told you what I thought. And Cal is a better team that Georgia State or Grambling where Daniels scored 8 touchdowns throwing and running against Georgia State, and 5 more against Grambling.
Sometimes. Cal plays in the Pac 12, not the Sunbelt conference.

Don't you know anything?

Brock Purdy is an average to below average QB playing on a ridiculously stacked roster with an offensive genius coach. Everyone acts like SF didnt go to the SB in 2020 with Jimmy G as their QB and without McCaffery. That they didnt go to the Conference Champ game in 2022 losing by 3 points with Jimmy G as the QB without McCaffery. Purdy isnt like the 4th-5th most valuable player on his team. Trent Williams, McCaffery, Deebo and Kittle, are all 100% more important to the 49ers success than Purdy. You can probably add in the HC in there as well.

Purdy's passing numbers are among the best in the league. I don't know how good he is but he's been very successful with the 49ers.

It all depends on your gifts and your situation....as well as a little bit of luck.
Brock Purdy seems to be tougher than people gave him credit for, because some college superstars fold under pressure, whereas Brock Purdy hasn't.

Maybe. Love has been in the league for 4 years now, but everyone is grading his performance like he's a rookie.
This is his first year as a starting QB so he is similar to a rookie in that regard. His advantage has been sitting behind Aaron Rodgers for 3 seasons.

I didn't get nasty. I just told you what I thought. And Cal is a better team that Georgia State or Grambling where Daniels scored 8 touchdowns throwing and running against Georgia State, and 5 more against Grambling.
Sometimes. Cal plays in the Pac 12, not the Sunbelt conference.

Don't you know anything?
And LSU plays in the SEC, the conference who's won by far most of the CFP championships. Has the PAC12 ever won one? Have they ever even been close to winning one? There have been 40 teams selected to the CFP. The PAC 12 has less than 10% of those selections.... The SEC has over 25%.... LSU played more teams in the top 10 then Ore played in the top 25.

This is his first year as a starting QB so he is similar to a rookie in that regard. His advantage has been sitting behind Aaron Rodgers for 3 seasons.
No it isnt. He's 3 years older with 3 years of NFL level training. 3 years working with the playbook. 3 years working with the OC. It's not remotely like being a rookie.

No it isnt. He's 3 years older with 3 years of NFL level training. 3 years working with the playbook. 3 years working with the OC. It's not remotely like being a rookie.
I disagree. Love is only 24 which is the age of quite a few rookies. He still has to perform at a high level.

I disagree. Love is only 24 which is the age of quite a few rookies. He still has to perform at a high level.
He’s 25. CJ Stroud and a Bryce Young are 22. Trevor Lawrence is 24.

The difference in age from Stroud to Love is the same from Love to Mahomes….

Burrow and Allen are 27

He’s 25. CJ Stroud and a Bryce Young are 22. Trevor Lawrence is 24.

The difference in age from Stroud to Love is the same from Love to Mahomes….

Burrow and Allen are 27
Love just turned 25 in November which is in line with most young QBs.

Love just turned 25 in November which is in line with most young QBs.
Except the ones I posted.....

And these ones.....

• Patrick Mahomes: 27 years old
  • Gardner Minshew: 27 years old
  • Josh Allen: 27 years old
  • Joe Burrow: 26 years old
  • Lamar Jackson: 26 years old
  • Daniel Jones: 26 years old
  • Sam Darnold: 26 years old
  • Kyler Murray: 26 years old
  • Tua Tagovailoa: 25 years old
  • Kyle Trask: 25 years old
  • Justin Herbert: 25 years old
  • Kenny Pickett: 25 years old
  • Jalen Hurts: 25 years old
  • Mac Jones: 25 years old
  • Jordan Love: 24 years old
  • Justin Fields: 24 years old
  • Bailey Zappe: 24 years old
  • Desmond Ridder: 24 years old
  • Trevor Lawrence: 23 years old
  • Brock Purdy: 23 years old
  • Trey Lance: 23 years old
  • Sam Howell: 22 years old
  • Bryce Young: 22 years old
  • C.J. Stroud: 21 years old
  • Anthony Richardson: 21 years old
Love is closer in age to multiyear veterans than he is to rookies. Which makes sense since he's been in the league for going on 4 years now....

Except the ones I posted.....

And these ones.....

• Patrick Mahomes: 27 years old
  • Gardner Minshew: 27 years old
  • Josh Allen: 27 years old
  • Joe Burrow: 26 years old
  • Lamar Jackson: 26 years old
  • Daniel Jones: 26 years old
  • Sam Darnold: 26 years old
  • Kyler Murray: 26 years old
  • Tua Tagovailoa: 25 years old
  • Kyle Trask: 25 years old
  • Justin Herbert: 25 years old
  • Kenny Pickett: 25 years old
  • Jalen Hurts: 25 years old
  • Mac Jones: 25 years old
  • Jordan Love: 24 years old
  • Justin Fields: 24 years old
  • Bailey Zappe: 24 years old
  • Desmond Ridder: 24 years old
  • Trevor Lawrence: 23 years old
  • Brock Purdy: 23 years old
  • Trey Lance: 23 years old
  • Sam Howell: 22 years old
  • Bryce Young: 22 years old
  • C.J. Stroud: 21 years old
  • Anthony Richardson: 21 years old
Love is closer in age to multiyear veterans than he is to rookies. Which makes sense since he's been in the league for going on 4 years now....
This is his first year as a starting QB unlike many of the others you mentioned.

Forum List

Back