Heaven and the shows "Lucifer," and "Supernatural." If you know heaven is real, why would you fear or dread death?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I used to watch the show Supernatural, and I just saw a clip from the show Lucifer.......in each show they portray Heaven as the place we all hope it is......

So...my question......the characters on the show fear death, even knowing that Heaven is real and that even when they lose a loved one, they will eventually see them in this much happier place....

If you knew 100% that Heaven is a real place, and that unless you really are a monster, you are likely to go there and see all of the people you know who have died......would you fear or dread dying?

I understand not looking forward to the transition you have to go through by experiencing the pain of dying....but in the end......would you fear dying if you knew heaven was real?

No, I am confident about what comes after death and I am looking forward to it. Death itself will just be a moment's discomfort.

The people who fear death are those who fear Hell, for good reason.

If you knew 100% that Heaven is a real place
Well, that's kind of the issue, isn't it? No one has actually gone and then returned. It's a matter of faith and on the whole, I think those who take great comfort in their faith do not fear the transition as much. That's true in my case, anyway.

Religion was contrived and foisted upon people for two reasons....Control and to replace the superstitions folks lived under so they could be controlled. I mean it's the perfect scam.....Good or bad it's "gawd's will".

Now I'm willing to put up with it because of the moral lessons but in the end when you die that's it, you are worm bait, it's as simple as that.

Well, that's kind of the issue, isn't it? No one has actually gone and then returned. It's a matter of faith and on the whole, I think those who take great comfort in their faith do not fear the transition as much. That's true in my case, anyway.

Just to be clear....I am talking about on these shows where they actually do know, with 100% in person experience, that heaven does exist and it is paradise......

Not talking about in our own lives...

Religion was contrived and foisted upon people for two reasons....Control and to replace the superstitions folks lived under so they could be controlled. I mean it's the perfect scam.....Good or bad it's "gawd's will".

Now I'm willing to put up with it because of the moral lessons but in the end when you die that's it, you are worm bait, it's as simple as that.

in the end when you die that's it, you are worm bait, it's as simple as that.

How do you know?

I used to watch the show Supernatural, and I just saw a clip from the show Lucifer.......in each show they portray Heaven as the place we all hope it is......

So...my question......the characters on the show fear death, even knowing that Heaven is real and that even when they lose a loved one, they will eventually see them in this much happier place....

If you knew 100% that Heaven is a real place, and that unless you really are a monster, you are likely to go there and see all of the people you know who have died......would you fear or dread dying?

I understand not looking forward to the transition you have to go through by experiencing the pain of dying....but in the end......would you fear dying if you knew heaven was real?
Well I was clinically dead for about 15 minutes as a child. A case of Osteomyelitis gone horribly wrong. The only thing I will say is I wish they would have just let me go

Forum List

Back