Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine, Navarro vs Fauci

Right, let's trust the political guy and not the one with vast experience dealing with infectious diseases during a pandemic.
You're an idiot if you believe Fauci isn't political.
Really? And what are his "politics" He has been at the CDC through A LOT of Presidents.
What difference would the later make? Does that somehow affect his biases? Obviously not since he sent his love letter to Hillary about a year ago.

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

Axios first reported on the disagreement inside the White House about the drug.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

What in the hell is a "trade adviser" doing analyzing the effectiveness of a drug to treat a virus and challenging a doctor and researcher? This "trade adviser" should not even be in the room. This is just another example of the trump administration putting people in charge who have no expertise in their fields while ignoring the experts.
Multidisciplinary teams are far more effective than are one sided chop shops.... No one is ignoring the experts. You guys just keep on spinning because a win for Trump is not acceptable.. You folks dont care who it kills just that you keep power... Fuck You!

I'm sorry, who controls the White House and Senate again? Of course he wants to ignore the experts. The longer this goes on, the longer he won't be able to hold his pep rallies and tell people how he alone got America through this crisis and how everything will be OK. Remember, just their latest hoax. Desperate attempt to salvage any sliver of hope in November. Sad.

Fauci's been good to have in our corner but OTOH reminds me of that saying "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail". He's too insular. Trump is wise to bring other people in and listen.

9000 dead, Trump hasn't been listening to the right people.

Here is Fauci in a Jan 21st interview:

GREG KELLY: Bottom line. We don’t have to worry about this one right?

FAUCI: Well obviously we have to take it seriously and follow the things the CDC an DHS are doing but this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.

Tucker Carlson: Dr. Fauci Is Suggesting "National Suicide"
Fauci has been wrong about almost everything.

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

What in the hell is a "trade adviser" doing analyzing the effectiveness of a drug to treat a virus and challenging a doctor and researcher? This "trade adviser" should not even be in the room. This is just another example of the trump administration putting people in charge who have no expertise in their fields while ignoring the experts.

No, this is an example of how it works in the real world. Government/Medical bureaucracy will not fix this problem. Ridiculous clinical trials for drugs that have been used for years is absurd. If they don't work, it was certainly better than doing nothing or spinning our wheels for months that will ultimately lead to the same result.
All the drugs cited are safe and many have been in use for over 67 years with little or no side affects. The only question is if it affects the COVID-19 virus and it does. It stops it from replicating and slows the bodies cytoplast response in the lungs, which ends in pneumonia and death if uncontrolled. Hydrocloaquine affects both the virus and the immune systems response allowing the patient to recover much faster.

IT either works or it doesn't, but there is no down side into giving this drug unless you have a bundle branch block problem.

Are you sure it was 16,000 times Trump lies and not 16,001 times?
Ha ha ha
Please cite your source!

WaPo's count not mine. But since you'll discredit WaPo - This should get you started.
Why do you imagine we should believe the Toronto Star? It's just another leftwing big city paper.

This
The reason they keep asking it is because Trump keeps contradicting the professionals.

Trump is a child who can’t tolerate being questioned.

Actually, what he has been saying is that the "professionals" need to get their head of of the sand. There is a time for long term testing and trials and there is a time to go with what appears to have been working in non-clinical trials with existing drugs that have been widely prescribed for years. What lemmings don't understand is that Democrats WANT this to drag out as long as possible.
Attitudes like that hurt people. Professionals know that.
The truth is, we do both, with caution.

Making this a political issue is stupid.
This “pandemic” is a health and economic issue. To pretend otherwise is plain stupidity. Trump must balance the choices, sometimes there is only a balance that can be achieved between competing issues.

Ha ha ha
Please cite your source!

WaPo's count not mine. But since you'll discredit WaPo - This should get you started.
Why do you imagine we should believe the Toronto Star? It's just another leftwing big city paper.
I don’t believe anything from a newspaper. It’s mostly inaccurate. Have you ever seen an event firsthand and then read the newspaper account? Ha ha

Ha ha ha
Please cite your source!

I don’t believe anything from a newspaper. It’s mostly inaccurate. Have you ever seen an event firsthand and then read the newspaper account? Ha ha
What do you believe?

Ha ha ha
Please cite your source!

Yes, exactly.

Ha ha ha
Please cite your source!

What do you believe?
I believe video, with audio.

Ha ha ha
Please cite your source!

What do you believe?

Which is the manner by which the lies he doesn't tell on Twitter are documented.
We know how Rump-Lickers roll Marti :)

trump-supporters-be-like-he-didnt-say-that-and-if-25038210.png

Last edited:
Ha ha ha
Please cite your source!

What do you believe?

Which is the manner by which the lies he doesn't tell on Twitter are documented.
We know how Trump-Lickers roll Marti :)

trump-supporters-be-like-he-didnt-say-that-and-if-25038210.png
Disagreeing with TDS moron idiocies does not constitute a lie, dumbass.

tell ya what - everyone of you trump boot lickers turn your medical care over to an economist

everyone else turn your medical needs over to a doctor-

after 12 months the side with the most living patients wins

what do you have to loose ?

tell ya what - everyone of you trump boot lickers turn your medical care over to an economist

Tell you what. If I get the virus I will take the combination of medicine that has shown promise and you do not and see who fairs better.

Multidisciplinary teams are far more effective than are one sided chop shops.... No one is ignoring the experts. You guys just keep on spinning because a win for Trump is not acceptable.. You folks dont care who it kills just that you keep power... Fuck You!

I'm sorry, who controls the White House and Senate again? Of course he wants to ignore the experts. The longer this goes on, the longer he won't be able to hold his pep rallies and tell people how he alone got America through this crisis and how everything will be OK. Remember, just their latest hoax. Desperate attempt to salvage any sliver of hope in November. Sad.

This virus is not the president's fault, nor is the spread. Get that through you thick skulls.

Tell you what. If I get the virus I will take the combination of medicine that has shown promise and you do not and see who fairs better.

contract malaria first -

contract malaria first -

Yeah, because drugs only work for one thing. Can you guys walk and chew gum at the same time?

Forum List

Back