Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine, Navarro vs Fauci

chemo therapy MAY work on acid indigestion - give it a shot

Right, let's trust the political guy and not the one with vast experience dealing with infectious diseases during a pandemic.
You're an idiot if you believe Fauci isn't political.

Please show me where he has acted politically during the pandemic?
He claimed Hydroxyquinine doesn't work.

He did? Link please.
Fauci throws cold water on Trump's declaration that malaria drug chloroquine is a 'game changer'

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

Axios first reported on the disagreement inside the White House about the drug.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

What in the hell is a "trade adviser" doing analyzing the effectiveness of a drug to treat a virus and challenging a doctor and researcher? This "trade adviser" should not even be in the room. This is just another example of the trump administration putting people in charge who have no expertise in their fields while ignoring the experts.
Multidisciplinary teams are far more effective than are one sided chop shops.... No one is ignoring the experts. You guys just keep on spinning because a win for Trump is not acceptable.. You folks dont care who it kills just that you keep power... Fuck You!

I'm sorry, who controls the White House and Senate again? Of course he wants to ignore the experts. The longer this goes on, the longer he won't be able to hold his pep rallies and tell people how he alone got America through this crisis and how everything will be OK. Remember, just their latest hoax. Desperate attempt to salvage any sliver of hope in November. Sad.

This virus is not the president's fault, nor is the spread. Get that through you thick skulls.

I've consistently said that. That is a result of our well traveled and connected world. However, his response (or lack thereof) is 100% his fault. Deny, deflect, dismiss.
Outside of a restriction on travel from China on January 31st......crickets from January 22nd to March 13th. That's a lot of time wasted.

chemo therapy MAY work on acid indigestion - give it a shot

LOL...yeah, lets compare chemo to azythromycin and hydroxychoroquine. LOL...this is so uninformed it is hardly worth the effort to respond.

tell ya what - everyone of you trump boot lickers turn your medical care over to an economist

everyone else turn your medical needs over to a doctor-

after 12 months the side with the most living patients wins

what do you have to loose ?

Tell you what. If I get the virus I will take the combination of medicine that has shown promise and you do not and see who fairs better.

contract malaria first -

Yeah, because drugs only work for one thing. Can you guys walk and chew gum at the same time?

I'm not trying to stop you from taking anything, any time, any place - haul you ass !

you're talking bs with a big red ball cap pulled over your eyes.

I know this much, Navarro has been a hawk on China, well ahead of the game in terms of what threat they pose to the world. The guy I probably most trust in his administration to stay the course on confronting abusers of America.

Fauci, has been getting sunshine shined up his behind by CNN in particular for some time. This article was co-written by that guy in high school who I would expect to rat someone out to the teacher if he heard them curse in gym class, Jim Acosta. I think Fauci seeks the spotlight too often and he is a little too sure of himself for my tastes for this type of situation with many unknowns. I'm glad when Trump calls him out about wanting to shut the country down for 2 years, I think it's an odd, broad position to take considering how some states are far less impacted by this virus than others.

(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

The debate is not a new one inside the coronavirus task force -- and medical experts have repeatedly explained to the President that there is a risk in enthusiastically touting hydroxychloroquine in case the drug doesn't ultimately work to combat the virus. But other aides and outside advisers have sided with Trump, including Navarro, who is still not a formal part of the task force but has wedged himself into the meetings.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

What in the hell is a "trade adviser" doing analyzing the effectiveness of a drug to treat a virus and challenging a doctor and researcher? This "trade adviser" should not even be in the room. This is just another example of the trump administration putting people in charge who have no expertise in their fields while ignoring the experts.
Multidisciplinary teams are far more effective than are one sided chop shops.... No one is ignoring the experts. You guys just keep on spinning because a win for Trump is not acceptable.. You folks dont care who it kills just that you keep power... Fuck You!

I'm sorry, who controls the White House and Senate again? Of course he wants to ignore the experts. The longer this goes on, the longer he won't be able to hold his pep rallies and tell people how he alone got America through this crisis and how everything will be OK. Remember, just their latest hoax. Desperate attempt to salvage any sliver of hope in November. Sad.

This virus is not the president's fault, nor is the spread. Get that through you thick skulls.

I've consistently said that. That is a result of our well traveled and connected world. However, his response (or lack thereof) is 100% his fault. Deny, deflect, dismiss.
Outside of a restriction on travel from China on January 31st......crickets from January 22nd to March 13th. That's a lot of time wasted.

Democrats raised hell when he banned travel from China. They were actually behind the curve. Imagine just how far behind we would be if those wackadoos were in charge. You should be thanking your lucky stars.

tell ya what - everyone of you trump boot lickers turn your medical care over to an economist

Tell you what. If I get the virus I will take the combination of medicine that has shown promise and you do not and see who fairs better.

contract malaria first -

Yeah, because drugs only work for one thing. Can you guys walk and chew gum at the same time?

I'm not trying to stop you from taking anything, any time, any place - haul you ass !

Prior to this virus, any MD could prescribe these two drugs with no repercussions whatsoever. You know why, because they aren't dangerous. You guys are complete idiots.

contract malaria first -

Prior to this virus, any MD could prescribe these two drugs with no repercussions whatsoever. You know why, because they aren't dangerous. You guys are complete idiots.

so have at it big shot and quit talking shit about it - just f'n DO IT

CHICKENSHIT

contract malaria first -

CHICKENSHIT

I don't have the virus. Why would I take it? If I had symptoms and had it I would absolutely take it as would YOU. I guess you didn't notice that many doctors are already prescribing this treatment?

Democrats raised hell when he banned travel from China. They were actually behind the curve. Imagine just how far behind we would be if those wackadoos were in charge. You should be thanking your lucky stars.

Uh...so was Trump. LOL. About 10 days late to the party...and Democrats don't control the White House.
January 22nd in Davos. A day that will ultimately define Trump's presidency.

contract malaria first -

CHICKENSHIT

I don't have the virus. Why would I take it? If I had symptoms and had it I would absolutely take it as would YOU. I guess you didn't notice that many doctors are already prescribing this treatment?

PREVENTIVE MEDICINE -DUMBASS- NO SIDE EFFECTS

GIT R DUN !

Yeah let’s tread real carefully and slowly while espousing we are in ultra dire emergency status that mandates surrendering freedoms and locking us down. Makes zero sense to maintain both positions at the same time.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

Of course Fauchi is against it.... He's scared to death it might work.

Jo

contract malaria first -

CHICKENSHIT

GIT R DUN !

Everything has a side effect. The flu vaccine has side effects but most agree it is worth the risk. Watch and see what happens. The libtard MSM narrative will lose out and these 2 drugs, or a name branded concoction basically made up of these 2 drugs, will come to market. Every libtard in the country will take it. You guys are slow, we all know that. We are just trying to save you from your own stupidity at this point.

Yeah let’s tread real carefully and slowly while espousing we are in ultra dire emergency status that mandates surrendering freedoms and locking us down. Makes zero sense to maintain both positions at the same time.

Exactly. One one hand this is a dire emergency that threatens humanity, but on the other, we need to make sure we run through a litany of clinical trials to see IF two previously vetted proven drugs will resolve the problem, despite real-world evidence they have been effective when used.

Democrats don't want this to work. That is the bottom line. They need a larger economic crisis from which to build their 2020 campaign.

Uh...so was Trump. LOL. About 10 days late to the party...and Democrats don't control the White House.
January 22nd in Davos. A day that will ultimately define Trump's presidency.
We could have waited 6 months like your god OBAMA.... Idiot!

contract malaria first -

CHICKENSHIT

GIT R DUN !

Everything has a side effect. The flu vaccine has side effects but most agree it is worth the risk. Watch and see what happens. The libtard MSM narrative will lose out and these 2 drugs, or a name branded concoction basically made up of these 2 drugs, will come to market. Every libtard in the country will take it. You guys are slow, we all know that. We are just trying to save you from your own stupidity at this point.

This guy is trying to do what Mueller didn't get done only in a different way. There's no doubt in my mind that he is in constant contact with pelosi and Schumer and probably Schiff. He has no doubt promised them that he will find a way to keep the economy shut down till November in much the same way Mueller promised the Democrats that he'd be able to find something impeachable on Trump.
Along comes hydroxychloroquine and begins to threaten all of this. Naturally he's going to scream like a bitch. I wonder what they promised him?

Jo

Right, let's trust the political guy and not the one with vast experience dealing with infectious diseases during a pandemic.
You're an idiot if you believe Fauci isn't political.

Please show me where he has acted politically during the pandemic?
He claimed Hydroxyquinine doesn't work.

He did? Link please.
Fauci throws cold water on Trump's declaration that malaria drug chloroquine is a 'game changer'
Dang Pat, don't you even stay current with your rambling support for trump and his dubious medical expertise? Two weeks is a long time in the Covid-19 war. Not sure trump was listening to anybody but economists back then. If my doctor prescribes, I'll take my doctor's advice. Until that point it is just an unproven drug with certain known risks that have to be weighed on an individual bases for every single patient. Don't take medical advice from game show hosts, especially those known to lie and blow smoke for political advantage.

Forum List

Back