Heard this phrase on 3 different TV shows....."You come a long way baby"

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Of course I didn't know what it was referring to because I wasn't around in 1968 but I had to do some research after hearing it on All in the Family, One Day at a Time, and Different Strokes

Much of what is now accepted as "american" is the result of captialist corporate state propaganda delivered by the media - and this was before the entire media machine was bought up by 6 major multinational corporations post Clinton's deregulation of the FCC.

Of course I didn't know what it was referring to because I wasn't around in 1968 but I had to do some research after hearing it on All in the Family, One Day at a Time, and Different Strokes

I remember it well. It was on Virginia Slims billboards all over the place when I was a kid in the 70s. They were trying make girls think it was cool to smoke. Then there was Kool brand menthol cigarette ads that specifically targeted blacks. I think that's why so many blacks smoke menthol cigs to this day even though cigarette advertising on TV and billboards was outlawed a long time ago.

833631aa14ea15840b0720d2ea9d4976.jpg

You've come a long way baby

Virginia Slims marketing it is OK for women to smoke. Today, I think more women than men smoke

Virginia Slims created women's tennis. Nobody cared before they sponsored it

You've come a long way baby

Virginia Slims marketing it is OK for women to smoke. Today, I think more women than men smoke

Virginia Slims created women's tennis. Nobody cared before they sponsored it

So women didn't smoke that much in the 50's and 60's?

Why did blacks open the pak of kools from the bottom?

You can't read? back in the day, every black guy I worked with smoked kools and opened them from the bottom of that pak. I figured it was more black crap trying to be different, you know kind of like how a lot of blacks have destroyed the English language.

You can't read? back in the day, every black guy I worked with smoked kools and opened them from the bottom of that pak. I figured it was more black crap trying to be different, you know kind of like how a lot of blacks have destroyed the English language.
That-Mothafucka-Said-What-Funny-Bear-Meme-Image.jpg

Sound like you work at SHIT job

Denying the foolish habits your bros have is not going to make it go away.

Forum List

Back