Health Insurance premiums rise, employers are bracing!!!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
In 2002 and remember most people with pre existing conditions were not even able to touch or have insurance.
If one lost their job, they were without, and employers wanted only young and healthy people. Now you can look forward to the return of those days.

Employers are bracing for their third year in a row of double-digit increases in health care costs, according to industry consultants and analysts. The sharply higher costs could lead many employers to offer fewer health plans, reduce what they cover or shift more costs to employees.

Companies will probably face average increases of 12 to 15 percent in 2003, compared with a projected increase of 12.7 percent this year, according to preliminary estimates from Mercer Human Resource Consulting, based on early discussions some employers are having with insurers.

But costs for some employers will rise much more sharply. The California Public Employees' Retirement System, known as Calpers, announced yesterday that premiums for the health maintenance organizations it uses would increase an average of 25 percent and premiums for other plans would rise around 20 percent.

Hard Decisions For Employers As Costs Soar In Health Care

Health insurance was never a good idea. The US state is penalizing those that don't pay into the sham revenue scheme.

Health insurance was never a good idea. The US state is penalizing those that don't pay into the sham revenue scheme.

Right treating disease is so much better. Also going to the ER is much cheaper than going to the Dr. Office. How foolish of those Dems. Then again the diseased are a nuisance, they can just die at home or in the streets.

A shame nobody saw al this coming. Oh, wait.

Certainty not the Pubs, but then again they didn't give a crap. Good thing the Dems did something but now the Pubs are going to take it away, WHY? because they don't give a crap.

Right treating disease is so much better. Also going to the ER is much cheaper than going to the Dr. Office. How foolish of those Dems. Then again the diseased are a nuisance, they can just die at home or in the streets.

The confusion between health care and health insurance continues

There is no confusion, Health Care is what the Health insured are able to get.

uninsured people can get health care too

Certainty not the Pubs, but then again they didn't give a crap. Good thing the Dems did something but now the Pubs are going to take it away, WHY? because they don't give a crap.
Why?

Because it's sinking faster than the Titanic

Yes that was an 2002 article. Thank you for making my point.

What article?

I'm talking about TODAY.

ACA is falling apart.

Do you have access to a television?

TURN IT ON, LEARN SOMETHING

In 2002 and remember most people with pre existing conditions were not even able to touch or have insurance.
If one lost their job, they were without, and employers wanted only young and healthy people. Now you can look forward to the return of those days.

Employers are bracing for their third year in a row of double-digit increases in health care costs, according to industry consultants and analysts. The sharply higher costs could lead many employers to offer fewer health plans, reduce what they cover or shift more costs to employees.

Companies will probably face average increases of 12 to 15 percent in 2003, compared with a projected increase of 12.7 percent this year, according to preliminary estimates from Mercer Human Resource Consulting, based on early discussions some employers are having with insurers.

But costs for some employers will rise much more sharply. The California Public Employees' Retirement System, known as Calpers, announced yesterday that premiums for the health maintenance organizations it uses would increase an average of 25 percent and premiums for other plans would rise around 20 percent.

Can I buy car insurance after I have an accident? It's pre existing. Can I buy home owners insurance while my house is on fire or should I wait until the fire dept puts it out? Can I buy life insurance for my dead uncle? That's pre existing too.

Can I buy car insurance after I have an accident? It's pre existing. Can I buy home owners insurance while my house is on fire or should I wait until the fire dept puts it out? Can I buy life insurance for my dead uncle? That's pre existing too.

No to all the above.

Why?

What article?

I'm talking about TODAY.

ACA is falling apart.

I am talking the article I posted in the OP. The only reason the ACA is on its last legs is due to Pubs.

Why?

What article?

I'm talking about TODAY.

ACA is falling apart.

I am talking the article I posted in the OP. The only reason the ACA is on its last legs is due to Pubs.

good parrot

Why?

What article?

I'm talking about TODAY.

ACA is falling apart.

good parrot

You can't read can you?

Catastrophic hospitalization isn't a bad idea.

What are bad ideas are having a 4th party (i.e. the employer) paying for insurance, and the attitude -almost exclusively from the progressives- that insurance should cover every encounter with anyone involved in anything deemed to be "health care". Insurance =\= pre-paid medical.

Last edited:
I got "health care" a couple weeks back, when I visited an urgent care clinic. Whipped out my wallet and paid cash for a minor outpatient procedure. No insurance necessary.

Urgent care is inexpensive, but progressives are renowned cheapskates.

Why?

What article?

I'm talking about TODAY.

ACA is falling apart.

good parrot

You can't read can you?

Quite well.

Can you?

Or is understanding what you read the problem?

Forum List

Back