Heads up U.S. businesses possibly a RU cyber attack email

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
Heads up, I got my first suspicious attachment sent today seemingly geared towards our businesses in the form of payment attachment with no return email nor message, just attachment, so their intent is to get our business to think it's a payment invoice. Obviously don't click or be curious, dont even open anything not relating. Pass on the info...

Our IT guys intercepted one one of those yesterday.

We got hit with a virus about nine or ten years ago. We didn't lose any information or date, but it mucked up the works for a bit.

We're pretty cautious here...

Update: it seemed to be an Ach scam, probably a key logger, so they're going after siphoning of our U.S. businesses bank accts.
I think I know where (which app) lead the Russian hacker to my email and who it was who got my email from their site app, a Russian claimed musician who was linked to a whats app hacker that I warned his contact was a scamer/hacker claiming to be from a major music label while also using a poorly devised impostering name (had the age and location and profession wrong). In the back of my mind I always thought that Russian could be one in the same connecting profiles to seem more legit.
NO LABEL TELLS YOU THEY WANT TO DISTRIBUTE YOU WITHOUT HEARING YOUR DEMO OR READING YOUR BACKGROUND, but scamers will feed off your ego and greed in a NY minute.
Now I already notified the APP's /site ceo about the Fake Label whats app hacker and they did nothing, and I even blasted the app for that fact without reply or rebuttle which means the App itself might be itself a giant tool for this behavior.
Ok after more research the owner of the app/site is not Russian like the Musician connected to the fake label guy, he's German set up in San Diego, and if it's one in the same German video site in his name the profile pic is a hacker "anonymous" 3d figure head.
Looking at the small in the family company's claimed income of 1.7 million for an unsuccessful musicians app/site making no surface customer money, makes the million dollar question be: where is that money coming from if not the site users signed for free?

Last edited:
Update: received a second one today, exact same one. This means authorities haven't flaged and prevented this.
Biden Administration can't even stop and protect people from a simple email attack, how do we expect this administration to protect us from higher level sabotage attacks, especially with his administration's open border policy?

Forum List

Back