HBO 'The Investigation'

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Anyone watching this? Based on the true story of a guy who sailed his own handbuilt submarine in Denmark, and killed a woman on it, sunk the sub, but not before cutting her up and scattering her remains in the Baltic. Made in Denmark or Sweden, with subtitles.

For those who like Queen Latfia kicking in a door and firing a pistol from both hands, this is probably not for you. Show, methodical, and plodding, it draws you in, just like actual police work. They had to find her body in the middle of the Baltic in rough seas, with teams of divers. Long, hard work. One more episode remains for this five part series.

They still even on the air? Who still pays for TV? :71:

People like me, who have the money to pay for cable.
Well enjoy watching people cut other people up into little bits on a Submarine. Time well spent

You lucky dog you.

You don't understand what this program is about, there is zero violence on the series. Zero. No guns fired, just an exhaustive investigation into an actual event from 2017, and the grinding toll it takes on those investigators. It also shows the stark contrast in legal systems, no way will he be convicted of murder without that body. The police and divers know the consequences of not finding it. You are certainly not the target audience.

Who needs cable? I get 45 HD channels for free and have about 2,500 of the all time best movies, sit coms and series ever made all available from my chair at the press of a button!

And I have MORE money cause I ain't wasting it on fucking HBO! :lmao:

Who needs cable? I get 45 HD channels for free and have about 2,500 of the all time best movies, sit coms and series ever made all available from my chair at the press of a button!

There are a lot of great streaming options out there, but I have to have DVR capability, refuse to sit thru advertising. YouTube probably has some of the most interesting content out there, and it's totally free. I have HBO for the documentaries they make and Real Time with Bill Maher, the rest of their content sucks.

There are a lot of great streaming options out there, but I have to have DVR capability, refuse to sit thru advertising. YouTube probably has some of the most interesting content out there, and it's totally free.

I'm sure you're right but I don't like streaming either and most everything I watch goes through a DVR too except discs I own. Advertisements these days are excruciating. It is like they really DON'T want you to watch them and in fact, they are so bad they are killing TV.

There are a lot of great streaming options out there, but I have to have DVR capability, refuse to sit thru advertising. YouTube probably has some of the most interesting content out there, and it's totally free.

I'm sure you're right but I don't like streaming either and most everything I watch goes through a DVR too except discs I own. Advertisements these days are excruciating. It is like they really DON'T want you to watch them and in fact, they are so bad they are killing TV.

Yep, and read the horror stories of people who pay the fees on YouTube to avoid advertisements and then want to stop their membership, it's almost impossible to get ahold of anyone to cancel the monthly fees. Gotta be careful, although I have Amazon Prime too, and it's loaded with movies and content that's hard to find (stuff from the 70's and 80's) and I have it mainly for next day shipping, I look at it every now and then. I should probably cut the cord, I know.

Forum List

Back