Hawking Says Universe Created Itself

Very likely..Based on the laws of chemistry and physics it most certainly did.

If you don't believe this then i ask who or what created god? It is so much more simple to explain things with laws of science compared to figuring out how a super being developed out of nothing.

Laws of science = billions or even tens of billions of years for such processes to slowly come together.

God popped out of nothing! =

• Banned
Very likely..Based on the laws of chemistry and physics it most certainly did.

If you don't believe this then i ask who or what created god? It is so much more simple to explain things with laws of science compared to figuring out how a super being developed out of nothing.

Laws of science = billions or even tens of billions of years for such processes to slowly come together.

God popped out of nothing! =
You idiot. God wasn't created. He has always existed. And the universe creating itself violates the LAW of cause and effect.

I take anything Stephen Hawking says with a grain of salt until I get a random message board poster's take on it.

I guess if you have ALS, can't speak, are paralyzed, then you automatically become "the greatest mind that ever lived" and are a "genius"?

`
The article, from a "creationist" web site, is commenting on Hawking's book, The Grand Design, in which Hawking postulates; "that invoking God is not necessary to explain the origins of the universe, and that the Big Bang is a consequence of the laws of physics alone. In response to criticism, Hawking has said; "One can't prove that God doesn't exist, but science makes God unnecessary."

Those who take the bible literally, will object to that of course. They have no use for such things as science anyways. As creationists are all "faith based", argumentation in regards to science is totally lost on them. Hawking does not state an absolute in his book but offers instead, a mathematical and scientifically sound explanation of a "possible" alternative to the creationist concept.

Pfffffffffft. That is his opinion and his opinion only. Yet, people grovel all over him thinking he is The Bestest when all it is is JUST an opinion from an atheist.

I guess if you have ALS, can't speak, are paralyzed, then you automatically become "the greatest mind that ever lived" and are a "genius"?

He had already attended Oxford and Cambridge and begun his work before his health declined. I don't think anybody says he's the greatest mind to ever live, but he's definitely a genius.

He had already attended Oxford and Cambridge and begun his work before his health declined. I don't think anybody says he's the greatest mind to ever live, but he's definitely a genius.
He is a man with a disease that is intelligent and has influence that he willynilly slams around as truth when he IS just a man and can't prove or disprove a damn thing. It's all HIS opinions. Period.

The universe was never created.
`
That may be true in a "closed universe" where the expansion driven by the Big Bang stops and causes its own eventual contraction, only to reform and expand again in another Big Bang. Hawking's theory is based on that. The existence of a god has no effect on that.

If Hawking is so great let's see him do this. :dance:

Yeah. Didn't think so, cocksuckers.

Whether he's right, it's not just opinion.

"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing," he writes. "Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist.

"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

In the forthcoming book, published on 9 September, Hawking says that M-theory, a form of string theory, will achieve this goal: "M-theory is the unified theory Einstein was hoping to find," he theorises.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/02

Forum List

Back