Have you seen what's going on in Oregon ?

Should the state of Oregon shut done due to the threat of domestic terrorism? I thought that we Americans were powerful enough to the withstand the threat of terrorism.

Here in the State of "Tyranny", formerly known as "Oregon", we have a very interesting and disgusting situation going on.

Let me give a quick background.

We have a very liberal Dimocrat governor (Kate Brown).

Both of our legislative chambers are ran by Dimocrats, and in fact they have a super-majority in BOTH chambers.
They pretty much can do whatever the fuck they want, and Republicans can only sit and watch. Even when all GOP lawmakers agree to stick together and vote as a block, they're votes are useless to stop this insane progressive agenda.

That is until yesterday...………………………………………………………………..

The fucking Oregon House Dims passed a radical cap and trade bill that is going to skyrocket fuel taxes, and shut down some industries as well as increase power rates across the board.

The bill went to the state Senate, which as I mentioned earlier is controlled by a Dim super-majority.
A celebration was all set up, since everyone knew it was just a formality for the Oregon Senate to send the bill directly to the leftist nut governor who would quickly sign it.

Problem is, NONE of the Republican state Senators showed up for the vote, and since they needed at least two to cast their NO votes, before the Dims could steam roll the bill through, the vote never took place.

Now is where it gets just fucking bizarre.

The governor had her lawyers check to see if she could sent the State Police to arrest at least two of them and bring them back to the capitol.

Reports are that the GOP Senators may all have left the state.
This is the only tool available to stop this tyrannical rule that has been going on all this legislative session.

I am proud of these Republicans, and hope they remain standing tall !!

Oregon sends police to bring back Republicans who left state over climate bill

[QUOTE
Washington (CNN)Oregon Democratic Gov. Kate Brown on Thursday authorized state police to locate Senate Republicans and bring them back to the state Capitol after some left the state to block the chamber's proceedings.

After more than eight hours of fruitless negotiations late into Wednesday night, Republican state senators in Oregon walked out of a session on Thursday over disagreements on HB 2020, a cap and trade climate bill. All 11 GOP senators failed to appear later Thursday for floor proceedings, leaving the legislative body two senators short of a quorum, according to Kate Kondayen, a spokeswoman for Brown.
At least some of the senators have left the state, according to a statement from the Oregon Senate Republicans, and the wife of one of them says they are all in Idaho at an undisclosed location.
"They all left and are in Idaho. I don't have a way of contacting him," Peggie Boquist, wife of Oregon GOP Sen. Brian Boquist, told CNN when asked the location of her husband.
]

Left coast is imploding, flee while you still can.[/QUOTE]

I think that people who are sending threats are domestic terrorists.

I don't like the idea of using our state police to arrest and return the lawmakers since it won't help the situation and is an extreme step. I hope cooler heads prevail and the governor reconsiders that position. As for the GOP lawmakers they should do the right thing and return to Salem and vote.

When we opened up our markets to overseas nations, the first ones to purchase those products as they increased in numbers and quality were Progs. Forgetting the product and manufacturing areas they destroyed behind them. Anyway, East Asia has been given the keys to the kingdom with our gift of Capitalism. They have many areas to improve on with some nations in their part of the world who are reaping the benefits with work still to do while others are reaping the benefits totally.

Here in the State of "Tyranny", formerly known as "Oregon", we have a very interesting and disgusting situation going on.

Let me give a quick background.

We have a very liberal Dimocrat governor (Kate Brown).

Both of our legislative chambers are ran by Dimocrats, and in fact they have a super-majority in BOTH chambers.
They pretty much can do whatever the fuck they want, and Republicans can only sit and watch. Even when all GOP lawmakers agree to stick together and vote as a block, they're votes are useless to stop this insane progressive agenda.

That is until yesterday...………………………………………………………………..

The fucking Oregon House Dims passed a radical cap and trade bill that is going to skyrocket fuel taxes, and shut down some industries as well as increase power rates across the board.

The bill went to the state Senate, which as I mentioned earlier is controlled by a Dim super-majority.
A celebration was all set up, since everyone knew it was just a formality for the Oregon Senate to send the bill directly to the leftist nut governor who would quickly sign it.

Problem is, NONE of the Republican state Senators showed up for the vote, and since they needed at least two to cast their NO votes, before the Dims could steam roll the bill through, the vote never took place.

Now is where it gets just fucking bizarre.

The governor had her lawyers check to see if she could sent the State Police to arrest at least two of them and bring them back to the capitol.

Reports are that the GOP Senators may all have left the state.
This is the only tool available to stop this tyrannical rule that has been going on all this legislative session.

I am proud of these Republicans, and hope they remain standing tall !!

Oregon sends police to bring back Republicans who left state over climate bill

Washington (CNN)Oregon Democratic Gov. Kate Brown on Thursday authorized state police to locate Senate Republicans and bring them back to the state Capitol after some left the state to block the chamber's proceedings.

After more than eight hours of fruitless negotiations late into Wednesday night, Republican state senators in Oregon walked out of a session on Thursday over disagreements on HB 2020, a cap and trade climate bill. All 11 GOP senators failed to appear later Thursday for floor proceedings, leaving the legislative body two senators short of a quorum, according to Kate Kondayen, a spokeswoman for Brown.
At least some of the senators have left the state, according to a statement from the Oregon Senate Republicans, and the wife of one of them says they are all in Idaho at an undisclosed location.
"They all left and are in Idaho. I don't have a way of contacting him," Peggie Boquist, wife of Oregon GOP Sen. Brian Boquist, told CNN when asked the location of her husband.

time to appoint new ones if they abdicated their duty to the People of the State of Oregon.

I don't like the idea of using our state police to arrest and return the lawmakers since it won't help the situation and is an extreme step. I hope cooler heads prevail and the governor reconsiders that position. As for the GOP lawmakers they should do the right thing and return to Salem and vote.
better solutions at lower cost not nothing but repeal!

Must be nice to have a job and just not show up when things aren't going your way. Sort of like the labor unions.
Wrong. Union people are more likely to show up for work than non union people. When I didn`t show up for work I didn`t get paid. You sort of know nothing about labor issues.

Sounds like a good reason to move out of Oregon.

That bill is ridiculous and the fact that the Dims want to pass it is ever more ridiculous.

Time to change States.

Forum List

Back