Have you ever liked someone...

I would not call them a friend to begin with, but yes there have been times that has occurred and when it has it was time for introspection and finding out what was going on with me rather than look at the other person.

I actually think this is pretty profound .... they say, opposites attract. I don't think they LAST, but the psychology behind that is curious. The draw. How can you dislike so many things about someone, but still feel a draw. I have met people that I immediately want nothing to do with them once I find out things about them - but then every once in a blue moon, you run into someone one and it's like "why do I like this person"... ?

Maybe it's their personality - or maybe they are even manipulative.. ?

Thank you

I am far from perfect and more human than most which means I need to examine what I am about especially if and when I find myself in a situation as you posed. Last thing I need is another person's bag of shit to carry around. If they are compelling me to be better than I was before I met them then they are trying to drag me down.

It is my responsibility to identify and avoid those wasteful types of situations. In the best case it is a mild annoyance, in the worst case it could lead to a negative life changing event.

I'm not necessarily talking about someone negative.
Just someone totally different. Hard to explain without being specific....

Harold and Maude.

Good example Rogue - an intangible draw.... I mean there HAS to be an explanation for the draw.
What sucks is when the draw is only one way - but then again, maybe that is a good thing.

I'm just a person that really wants to understand (like Alex) via self examination....

No. I have friends who do things I like or approve, and I have friends who don't. There is a shared interest or goal that bonds us.

Jake - tell me one of your faults
Faults? I don't swim enough.
And you masturbate too much.

Is there such a thing?
Just what I was going to say.

Jake! Shame shame!

Good example Rogue - an intangible draw.... I mean there HAS to be an explanation for the draw.
What sucks is when the draw is only one way - but then again, maybe that is a good thing.

I'm just a person that really wants to understand (like Alex) via self examination....

It's a lot easier when you just roll with it.

I think it's a turn on to watch a guy do that. Especially if he's watching another woman

ya think? no - I think sometimes you need to pay attention to red flags :)

What the hell is 'rouge rover'....a color of blush....or a red vehicle???

The whole point of your OP is being friends with someone who's draped in red flags.

I think it's supposed to be Rogue.... but you knew that ;)

What the hell is 'rouge rover'....a color of blush....or a red vehicle???

It's a double meaning. Red Rover and the rouge rovers were a group I was in when I was a kid, we went on on the weekends in nice weather and cleaned up the Rouge river.

The whole point of your OP is being friends with someone who's draped in red flags.

The point is WHY would you want to be friends and be drawn to someone when there ARE red flags!

The point is WHY would you want to be friends and be drawn to someone when there ARE red flags!

It doesn't make sense and trying to figure it out will drive you insane.

Jake! Shame shame!
clear.png
:cry:

There is ALWAYS a reason for everything. As for being driven insane, that horse has been out of the barn for some time now.....

I would not call them a friend to begin with, but yes there have been times that has occurred and when it has it was time for introspection and finding out what was going on with me rather than look at the other person.

I actually think this is pretty profound .... they say, opposites attract. I don't think they LAST, but the psychology behind that is curious. The draw. How can you dislike so many things about someone, but still feel a draw. I have met people that I immediately want nothing to do with them once I find out things about them - but then every once in a blue moon, you run into someone one and it's like "why do I like this person"... ?

Maybe it's their personality - or maybe they are even manipulative.. ?

Thank you

I am far from perfect and more human than most which means I need to examine what I am about especially if and when I find myself in a situation as you posed. Last thing I need is another person's bag of shit to carry around. If they are compelling me to be better than I was before I met them then they are trying to drag me down.

It is my responsibility to identify and avoid those wasteful types of situations. In the best case it is a mild annoyance, in the worst case it could lead to a negative life changing event.

I'm not necessarily talking about someone negative.
Just someone totally different. Hard to explain without being specific....
I understand, differences I readily accept, core value compromises I cannot. It is my responsibility to distinguish between them and act in a corrective manner. If someone simply upsets my spirit then I can easily remedy that with some soul searching and see where it may be tugging at one of my character defects or attributes.

There is ALWAYS a reason for everything. As for being driven insane, that horse has been out of the barn for some time now.....

There may be a reason for everything but it may be inaccessible to you. My advice? Rum coffee.

It reminds me of a line in a movie..... (but this is dealing more with a romantic/love relationship - the quote I mean)

"You everything I never knew I always wanted"

Forum List

Back