Hate the New Bloomberg TV Format

Pavel Svinchnik

Jan 28, 2018
I usually tune into the financial TV channels several times a day, alternating between Bloomberg and Fox Business News. This morning, 3/31/2020, Bloomberg had a new format on the screen. Where the old format was easily read, the new one is very cluttered and the essential numbers are too small to be read without binoculars. The old format used to alternate between the numbers for various stock indices and the corresponding graphs, while the new one shows the graphs along with the numbers, necessitating much smaller numbers to fit in the allotted areas; it would be much more readable if they would put fewer items along the right margin and change them more frequently. And for some reason, they gave a lot of space to their program schedule.

I usually tune into the financial TV channels several times a day, alternating between Bloomberg and Fox Business News. This morning, 3/31/2020, Bloomberg had a new format on the screen. Where the old format was easily read, the new one is very cluttered and the essential numbers are too small to be read without binoculars. The old format used to alternate between the numbers for various stock indices and the corresponding graphs, while the new one shows the graphs along with the numbers, necessitating much smaller numbers to fit in the allotted areas; it would be much more readable if they would put fewer items along the right margin and change them more frequently. And for some reason, they gave a lot of space to their program schedule.
/----/ Well, now that Bloomie is out of the race he's back to micromanaging the newsroom website.
1585684484773.png

Last edited:
/----/ Well, now that Bloomie is out of the race he's back to micromanaging the newsroom website.
View attachment 317585
The goal of Democrats is Communism.

They were back to their usual format today, 4/1. Either the new format was an April Fool's Joke sprung a day early or they had a flood of complaints and switched back. Unfortunately, the format reversion didn't help the market very much.

This thread brought back a memory. I enjoyed reading BusinessWeek and for years had a subscription. Then 10 years ago Bloomberg bought it, changed it's layout to something I found difficult and so I didn't renew. Haven't picked one up since.

Forum List

Back