Has Trump Increased His Base?

Trump supporters look at the polls which have Biden way out in front and say, "Yeahbut 2016!"

But has Trump actually increased, or even maintained, the number of people who will vote for him? After all, he lost the popular vote in 2016, and his approval vs. disapproval rating as never been in the positives. In fact, he has averaged a weak 41 percent approval during this term.

Just for comparison, Obama averaged 47.9 percent, and his highest approval rating was 67 percent.

Trump has never seen 67 percent. His highest approval ever was 49 percent.

Turnout is going to be higher this time around than it was in 2016. Trump will need to have increased his support substantially.

It seems to me Trump has worked very hard to piss off as many demographics as possible. Suburban housewives, blacks, Hispanics, the elderly, the young, and even the military. His only friends are middle-aged non-college educated white guys.

So what do you think? Is a wipeout coming?
I was just watching his interview with Leslie Stahl, where he talks about creating the best economy ever. It's interesting that with THAT achievement, his approval ratings weren't a lot higher, isn't it? Don't the crazies keep saying that the economy was what was going to win him the WH until Covid hit? So where was all that great support while we were all so much better off?

Trump supporters look at the polls which have Biden way out in front and say, "Yeahbut 2016!"

But has Trump actually increased, or even maintained, the number of people who will vote for him? After all, he lost the popular vote in 2016, and his approval vs. disapproval rating as never been in the positives. In fact, he has averaged a weak 41 percent approval during this term.

Just for comparison, Obama averaged 47.9 percent, and his highest approval rating was 67 percent.

Turnout is going to be higher this time around than it was in 2016. Trump will need to have increased his support substantially.

It seems to me Trump has worked very hard to piss off as many demographics as possible. Suburban housewives, blacks, Hispanics, the elderly, the young, and even the military. His only friends are middle-aged non-college educated white guys.

If there is a wipeout it will be against biden....Trump has an over 90% approval rating among republicans...a record for that statistic, and blacks and hispanics like him more than any other republican nominee, and blue collar, democrat party, union workers love him too...........so yes...he is expanding his base...
28% of Americans identify as Republican.

90% x 28% = 25.2% of Americans.

Uh oh!

Don’t forget he loves to make fun of short people and the elderly. I’m hoping he loses big. Can’t imagine his base had growth given the horrible state of country. Huge deficits, giant bailouts, riots, recession, increased crime, most pandemic deaths...

No, he has not increased his base.

His base isn't big enough to win, though they all think they are.

One reason why Trump won was because undecideds broke to him. However, the number of undecideds was in the mid-teens last election whereas it's in the mid-single digits today. He's also losing independents.

I spoke with a few of these "Undecideds" and they tell me that they LOVE living in unsafe, burning cities in a nation lead by an addled, demented President who sold access to the VP to Communist countries, one of which has a video of that VP's son beating and raping underage children.

Looks like Hillary will get reelected with 57% of the NPV and 400 EV

party-affiliation.jpg

No, he has not increased his base.

His base isn't big enough to win, though they all think they are.

One reason why Trump won was because undecideds broke to him. However, the number of undecideds was in the mid-teens last election whereas it's in the mid-single digits today. He's also losing independents.

I spoke with a few of these "Undecideds" and they tell me that they LOVE living in unsafe, burning cities in a nation lead by an addled, demented President who sold access to the VP to Communist countries, one of which has a video of that VP's son beating and raping underage children.

Looks like Hillary will get reelected with 57% of the NPF and 400 EC

Yeah.......can anyone explain why Trump is doing these debates....? Shouldn't President hilary be in the debates?

It sure appears that he has....he has pulled in former democrats like no republican has ever done before.....
I’ve never seen so many republicans turn on a president.
Yeah, every person who has left his Administration has turned on him. I've never seen that before.

Anyone who gets up close to the pig becomes totally repulsed.

It sure appears that he has....he has pulled in former democrats like no republican has ever done before.....
You mean the handful of RINOs?......yes we have....the GOP has always had its McCains......
There are whole groups like the Lincoln project and republicans against trump. Plus everyone who has worked in the White House. This has never happened before.

The real question is: will lightning strike twice?"

It's not the number of of the Popular votes that elect the president, it's the number of Electoral votes.
It is very rare for someone to lose the popular vote and win the electoral vote. As you said, lightning striking twice? I doubt it.

trump-tweet-electoral-college-disaster.jpg
There is no such thing as a popular vote in this country. You folks still haven't figured that out in four years? Best go stock up on tissues...

The real question is: will lightning strike twice?"

It's not the number of of the Popular votes that elect the president, it's the number of Electoral votes.
It is very rare for someone to lose the popular vote and win the electoral vote. As you said, lightning striking twice? I doubt it.

trump-tweet-electoral-college-disaster.jpg
There is no such thing as a popular vote in this country. You folks still haven't figured that out in four years? Best go stock up on tissues...
I have defended the Electoral College system every time it has come up.

Nice try.

It was TRUMP who said it was a disaster. Can't you READ?!?

Increased, in 2016 people were cautious.

Now Trump has delivered and shown the clear distinction between deep state Promethean pedocrats, and the American way.

Yeah, every person who has left his Administration has turned on him. I've never seen that before.

Anyone who gets up close to the pig becomes totally repulsed.
Doesn’t seem to matter if they are business people like tillerson, generals like kelly or lifetime political types like Bolton. They all see how bad trump is.

Only the swamp dwellers Trump tried to mend fences with...when he saw he couldn't he shoved them out....just wait until November 4th....half of corrupt DC will be leaving.....when Trump boots their asses down the road.....your side wants more wars and nations to rebuild....so they hate Trump because he stands in their way....

Now Trump has delivered and shown the clear distinction between deep state Promethean pedocrats, and the American way.
Yeah he increased deficits even more than the deep state.

Trump has delivered 220,000 dead Americans.

He coasted along and then when faced with his first real crisis, he blew it. Bigly. What a disgrace. He is a total disaster.

Yeah he increased deficits even more than the deep state.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of deep state that remains still in place.

Vote Trump and the job gets done in the next four years. Simple, American choice.

Forum List

Back