Has "It's the Culture, Stupid" replaced "It's the Economy, Stupid"?

I doubt the parties can really legitimately sell “we’re better on the economy than the other guys” when its all witch craft involving worldwide variables. Prices always go up; they never go down. Its easier to try to paint the other guys as evil.
Prices go up due to fiat currencies and interference from the powerful in commodities in any way affecting supply and demand.

They have always been here and always will be....but it is only in the last 8ish years they had a leader that made their way of thinking publicly acceptable again.
More PROJECTION AND GASLIGHTING from the demented LEFT.
Your TDS is PURE bigotry, FULL-STOP. :eusa_hand:

That's a defeated attitude. I wasn't born or raised to be that soft. Maybe eliminated entirely is too much to ask for but marginalized into political and cultural irrelevance? I don't see why that's not possible.
those kinds of people have been around since who knows when....its not a defeatist attitude,its more like reality....

No Mac. What you're really trying to say is that people who care about these issues shouldn't fight for them because they upset bigots and racists. Maybe that matters to a soft ass moderate like you but I'm happy to have that fight with them. Bigots and racists should be beaten to a pulp until they get the message that their kind isn't wanted or appreciated.
1712573909764.gif

those kinds of people have been around since who knows when....its not a defeatist attitude,its more like reality....
That's precisely what a defeatist attitude looks like. Just because we'll always have racists and bigots doesn't mean they have to have any political or cultural power.

Fareed Zakaria has a new book out that proposes a fundamental change in Americans' priorities, and (I don't know if he meant to do this) also goes a long way in explaining the rise and staying power of the MAGA movement.

In short, he believes that the cultural issues -- particularly (a) immigration/the border and (b) gender, are now more primary political movers than the economy used to be.

He also uses a very important term to describe this: "Backlash". I couldn't agree more, and I think it's key. I spent my first few years on this board concentrating on the tactics of the Left and how they'd create a -- wait for it -- backlash, and sure as hell, here we are.

I hadn't really thought about how the cultural issues have replaced the economy as #1, but I think he may be right.

Oh, look, everyone, Mac is displaying his white fragility again.

Of course, it's bullshit. The backlash happened when awful white people got upset about blacks being able to ride on the front of the bus. The Republicans have been playing on the racial, religious, and sexual fears of awful white people since Tricky Dick, and you keep pretending this was 1) A new thing or 2) a backlash.

No Mac. What you're really trying to say is that people who care about these issues shouldn't fight for them because they upset bigots and racists. Maybe that matters to a soft ass moderate like you but I'm happy to have that fight with them. Bigots and racists should be beaten to a pulp until they get the message that their kind isn't wanted or appreciated.

More to the point, he's wrong.

Trump didn't win in 2016 because white people left the Democrats. White people left the Democrats a long time ago.

Trump won in 2016 because a lot of self-important idiots voted for third parties, because the polls all said Hillary had this in the bag.

Trump didn't win in 2016 because white people left the Democrats. White people left the Democrats a long time ago.

Trump won in 2016 because a lot of self-important idiots voted for third parties, because the polls all said Hillary had this in the bag.
The Democratic leadership doesn't do themselves any favors by being shitty at politics but the answer certainly isn't to roll over and appease bigots.

That's precisely what a defeatist attitude looks like. Just because we'll always have racists and bigots doesn't mean they have to have any political or cultural power.
thats not what i said.....i said they are always going to be here,and there aint nothing you or i can do to prevent that...thats reality.....

Oh, look, everyone, Mac is displaying his white fragility again.

Of course, it's bullshit. The backlash happened when awful white people got upset about blacks being able to ride on the front of the bus. The Republicans have been playing on the racial, religious, and sexual fears of awful white people since Tricky Dick, and you keep pretending this was 1) A new thing or 2) a backlash.
Antiwhiteism. There it is!
:rolleyes:

Those who are the power control what is a bigot and racist. We live in a nation now where many people who have the power are not that advanced and control the levers of those who are. That due to DEI or any other name. Since this nation is rich, we waste massive resources to do this. What you sell will last as long as the wealth lasts. There is no foundation.

joe if you dont want us "self-important idiots" to not vote 3rd party.....pick some candidates who are not bottom of the fucking barrel and who put country over party...

thats not what i said.....i said they are always going to be here,and there aint nothing you or i can do to prevent that...thats reality.....
Here's your first response to me when I was talking about defeating racists and bigots politically.
good luck with that cg.....bigots and racist have been here forever and i dont think they will ever disappear....to many people cant handle a different person living among them....
That's defeatist my guy. Luck has nothing to do with it. It takes work.

Those who are the power control what is a bigot and racist. We live in a nation now where many people who have the power are not that advanced and control the levers of those who are. That due to DEI or any other name. Since this nation is rich, we waste massive resources to do this. What you sell will last as long as the wealth lasts. There is no foundation.
:laugh:

How is anyone controlling what's bigot or racist? You can't think for yourself?

Think, for example, of gay marriage and the way in which marriage rights were something that was not even discussed 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. They weren't mainstream in the political agenda. And now many, many countries have equalized gay marriage, although affluent countries are still going through that process. Similarly, tolerance of homosexuality, ideas that women should have equal values, secular values as well, the idea that religion is no longer central to people's lives. So those are values which are shifting.

AD
Those people that are benefiting from these shifts take them for granted as they grow in their status and their power, but there's been a tipping point when those groups and the values around them are no longer being reflected and, what's more, they can't even talk about them.
The problem is the "Culture of stupidity" among the MAGA fanatics caused by trump's leadership. The trump Nazis are so accustomed to their beloved cult leader's bullsh!t, they wouldn't recognize the truth if it smacked them in the face.

Here's your first response to me when I was talking about defeating racists and bigots politically.

That's defeatist my guy. Luck has nothing to do with it. It takes work.
i said they are here and have always been here and will always be here...even if you keep them out of politics they will just show up in another way....thats reality...

i said they are here and have always been here and will always be here...even if you keep them out of politics they will just show up in another way....thats reality...
At that point I don't care. It's their ability to effect others with the force of law that I'm concerned about not their internal ignorance.

Fareed Zakaria has a new book out that proposes a fundamental change in Americans' priorities, and (I don't know if he meant to do this) also goes a long way in explaining the rise and staying power of the MAGA movement.

In short, he believes that the cultural issues -- particularly (a) immigration/the border and (b) gender, are now more primary political movers than the economy used to be.

He also uses a very important term to describe this: "Backlash". I couldn't agree more, and I think it's key. I spent my first few years on this board concentrating on the tactics of the Left and how they'd create a -- wait for it -- backlash, and sure as hell, here we are.

I hadn't really thought about how the cultural issues have replaced the economy as #1, but I think he may be right.

No, it is still the economy.

The lefties cannot spin their way out of the Biden mess.

Forum List

Back