Has Biden Found A Real Unicorn?

I argued that EV's are a step forward and in developing and improving technology we discover answers to thinks we haven't even asked the questions about yet. Such as...........right now solar panels do only access a very small amount of the suns energy. It has improved. Will it be the answer? I don't know but if technology could even double what it is now that would be a huge step forward.
I stated what. new fusion technology. demonstrates and supports all the needs of the world. you nor I can state what solar panel futures are, but I do know it isn't the future. batteries will always be the limiting piece. To everything tried outside hydro. I give you a solution and you smack it down as if it failed. It's been tried and worked. convert old nuclear over to new fusion and let's stop all of this bull shit until some alien introduces that next generation technology.

Last edited:
I argued that EV's are a step forward and in developing and improving technology we discover answers to thinks we haven't even asked the questions about yet. Such as...........right now solar panels do only access a very small amount of the suns energy. It has improved. Will it be the answer? I don't know but if technology could even double what it is now that would be a huge step forward.
I stated what. new fusion technology. demonstrates and supports all the needs of the world. you nor I can state what solar panel futures are, but I do know it isn't the future. batteries will always be the limiting piece. To everything tried outside hydro. I give you a solution and you smack it down as if it failed. It's been tried and worked. convert old nuclear over to new fusion and let's stop all of this bull shit until some alien introduces that next generation technology.

Right now there is only a what if with fusion. Seems to me that no one really wants to touch it as no one wants to be responsible for the waste or problems when things go bad.

Solve all of that and then present it. Is it your belief we should stop going forward until and even if we are ever able to develop the items needed for fusion power?

I suppose I do not even know this answer but I have not seen anyone restricting anyone from trying to develop this.

Right now there is only a what if with fusion. Seems to me that no one really wants to touch it as no one wants to be responsible for the waste or problems when things go bad.

Solve all of that and then present it. Is it your belief we should stop going forward until and even if we are ever able to develop the items needed for fusion power?

I suppose I do not even know this answer but I have not seen anyone restricting anyone from trying to develop this.

I'm not voting for Biden but I have to chuckle at someone who has to complain that he wants to install more electric car charging stations to find something to get upset over.
I'm not voting for Biden but I have to chuckle at someone who has to complain that he wants to install more electric car charging stations to find something to get upset over.
How the fuck can Biden stand in front of the cameras and promise with a straight face install 500,000 electric car/truck charging stations (BTW who will be paying for them and how much will it cost to charge up all those 'limited life-span batteries'?)
The fucking power grid right now loses more power from 'leakage' than it delivers to the end user.
Biden KNOWS AOC will NEVER allow these charging stations to be built. Why? B/c if the stations were installed electricity would have to be generated. You can't do that using solar panels and wind turbines. So where does the electricity come from?

If you have an argument to be made you don't have to make things up to make it. You know very well no one is using deep cycle batteries and the batteries that are used are lasting as long as IC engines and are recyclable.

Do I expect Biden to do what he says while campaigning? No and that is why I am not voting for him but people once asked "Where are we going to drive these loud smelly contraptions? We have no passable roads and horses can go anywhere".

The longest warranty on the batteries is 100k miles.
Some are as low as 60 to 70k.
Recycling these batteries is expensive and dangerous.
The Wife got 275k out of Her 4Runner with nothing but scheduled maintenance and one alternator.

IC engines are not warranted any longer. Some even less than 60-70K. Your Toyota was only warrantied for 36k. Batteries have been recycled for decades. Heck we did it back in jr high science class.

If you think they had this type battery back then you're a moron or still in high school.....which wouldnt surprise me.
You can buy the extended warranty from Toyota for 1K to $1500 bucks. Assuming you'd even bother.
A new battery for your electric car will run you $5500 in the Chevy Bolt...around the price of a new engine in a normal car.

And as I said. The Wife got 275000 miles with just maintenance and one alternator.
Your electric car will have gone through almost three $5500 dollar batteries by then.

LOL.

The cost of owning a Tesla after 200,000 miles

Here's how a Tesla Model S holds up after 400,000 miles in 3 years - Electrek

And the costs of batteries are constantly falling as technology improves.

LOL....what about those dangerous batteries?
And your example car was used around town and brought back to the business that has its own charging stations.
What are you going to do if you want to go cross country?
If you get lucky enough to find find a charging station then you have to sit around and wait for it to charge.

The Wifes company has around a dozen charging station on sight....only problem is customers are leaving their cars plugged in overnight for a free recharge.
They ended up having to shut em off every evening.
Electrics just aren't practical unless you never leave town.

And try and find somewhere to fix your Tesla.
Goodluck with that.
Some friends greatest desire was buy a Tesla. When they sold their home they did buy a like-new Tesla. The car had been on the lot for six months. They couldn't believe their luck! And the PRICE was amazing!
I was the car and it looked like it was just rolled out of the dealer's showroom!
They paid a few K to have a 220 charging port in their garage. It was a BARGAIN. A month after they had the car it would not start.
They called the used car dealership who basically told them the car was "their problem". They spent hours trying to find any repair shop that would come get the car and fix it. NO ONE was remotely interested.
Out of desperation they called the used car business where they bought the car. They sold the car back to this business for a 12K loss.
This car today has been sitting on the lot for six months. No bites yet.
/----/ My brother lives in a small town and a used car dealership pulls this stunt all the time. He's resold the same trucks multiple times and ends up buying them back for a fraction of the paid price. It has to do with the $1,400 down payment on a truck that's worth maybe $700. He offers free no-interest, no credit check financing, and 100% warranty for 6 months with an easy payment plan.

He'll warranty the truck as long as payments are made on time, but some morons think they can beat the system. When the tranny goes, they call for service and are told, you've missed four payments. Pay them now with a penalty or no repair work. The idiots don't have the money so the owner offers them 10 cents on the dollar to buy the truck back. He fixes the truck and puts it back on the lot.

Last edited:

Noted in the problems are " and potentially insurmountable technological problems, to name a few roadblocks. "

So I am back to my question. Are we supposed to stop going forward while we wait for something that may be technologically insurmountable?

I have to chuckle at the ignorance of the left and their claims of environmental care. There are 168,000 gas stations in the USA. They are more than capable of handling the 100 million or so vehicles here in the USA.

The 500,000 that old joe proposes are one quarter of what would be needed to handle the vehicles if we switched to all EV.

How environmentally destructive do you suppose that will be?

Educate yourself.

How the fuck can Biden stand in front of the cameras and promise with a straight face install 500,000 electric car/truck charging stations (BTW who will be paying for them and how much will it cost to charge up all those 'limited life-span batteries'?)
The fucking power grid right now loses more power from 'leakage' than it delivers to the end user.
Biden KNOWS AOC will NEVER allow these charging stations to be built. Why? B/c if the stations were installed electricity would have to be generated. You can't do that using solar panels and wind turbines. So where does the electricity come from?

If you have an argument to be made you don't have to make things up to make it. You know very well no one is using deep cycle batteries and the batteries that are used are lasting as long as IC engines and are recyclable.

Do I expect Biden to do what he says while campaigning? No and that is why I am not voting for him but people once asked "Where are we going to drive these loud smelly contraptions? We have no passable roads and horses can go anywhere".
I have 400K on my 'IC' Ferrari. NO 'electric car' battery will last that many miles. And it will cost you 5K to replace it in a Chevy Volt.
My Ferrari has a bullet proof IC engine.
How many barrels of crude oil did it take to manufacture the fucking battery? From getting ore out of the ground to manufacturing it?

Biden promises to install "500,000' charging stations for all the millions of 100% electric cars and trucks. How many deep cycle batteries will it take to power an eighteen wheeler for a hundred miles before plugging into the charging station and waiting 24 hours for the batteries to be recharged
The newest tech is 500 mile range, 80% charge in 30 minutes. At least ten year olds know how to use google...

I have to chuckle at the ignorance of the left and their claims of environmental care. There are 168,000 gas stations in the USA. They are more than capable of handling the 100 million or so vehicles here in the USA.

The 500,000 that old joe proposes are one quarter of what would be needed to handle the vehicles if we switched to all EV.

Educate yourself.

You would have to have more of em with all the sitting around waiting on the three guys ahead of you.
Now wouldnt that be a joy....waiting two hours to get back on the road when you could have put 140 miles behind you in that amount of time with a real vehicle.

Noted in the problems are " and potentially insurmountable technological problems, to name a few roadblocks. "

So I am back to my question. Are we supposed to stop going forward while we wait for something that may be technologically insurmountable?
That's what OAC is demanding you asshole!
Stop everything right now then wait for a decade to discover other ways not to use crude oil to make what the entire world depends on to survive.
AOC should go to a city in China and demand everyone stop using fossil fuel. The bitch would get a lighted cigarette shoved in her face

Biden promises to install "500,000' charging stations for all the millions of 100% electric cars and trucks. How many deep cycle batteries will it take to power an eighteen wheeler for a hundred miles before plugging into the charging station and waiting 24 hours for the batteries to be recharged
The newest tech is 500 mile range, 80% charge in 30 minutes. At least ten year olds know how to use google...

Fast charge damages the batteries.
As was already mentioned here.

How fast can you travel? Thirty miles an hour! Get out on the freeway and travel at posted highway speeds and see how far you get.
You really ought to do some research before you run your mouth pal.

/----/ People never asked that question about cars. I've studied the history of the automobile for years. The early cars, electric, steam, and gas-powered were all designed to run on the same dirt roads horses went. even the first race tracks were dirt horse race tracks and the first few Indy races were run on gravel-covered tracks. It was private investors who built the first paved roads. Read about the Vanderbilt Parkway on Long Island.

If the government can give billions to corporate farmers they can do chargers.
/----/ The point is, the Gubmint shouldn't be giving $$$ to farmers.

But at least there's a good reason for it.

Educate yourself.

Sorry, did someone say we are going to all switch to EV's during the Biden administration?

Forum List

Back