Has Biden Found A Real Unicorn?

I'm not voting for Biden but I have to chuckle at someone who has to complain that he wants to install more electric car charging stations to find something to get upset over.
I'm not voting for Biden but I have to chuckle at someone who has to complain that he wants to install more electric car charging stations to find something to get upset over.
How the fuck can Biden stand in front of the cameras and promise with a straight face install 500,000 electric car/truck charging stations (BTW who will be paying for them and how much will it cost to charge up all those 'limited life-span batteries'?)
The fucking power grid right now loses more power from 'leakage' than it delivers to the end user.
Biden KNOWS AOC will NEVER allow these charging stations to be built. Why? B/c if the stations were installed electricity would have to be generated. You can't do that using solar panels and wind turbines. So where does the electricity come from?

If you have an argument to be made you don't have to make things up to make it. You know very well no one is using deep cycle batteries and the batteries that are used are lasting as long as IC engines and are recyclable.

Do I expect Biden to do what he says while campaigning? No and that is why I am not voting for him but people once asked "Where are we going to drive these loud smelly contraptions? We have no passable roads and horses can go anywhere".
/----/ People never asked that question about cars. I've studied the history of the automobile for years. The early cars, electric, steam, and gas-powered were all designed to run on the same dirt roads horses went. even the first race tracks were dirt horse race tracks and the first few Indy races were run on gravel-covered tracks. It was private investors who built the first paved roads. Read about the Vanderbilt Parkway on Long Island.

If the government can give billions to corporate farmers they can do chargers.
How many barrels of crude oil does it take to mine the iron ore/aluminum ore, transport the ore to the smelter, to process the ore into steel/aluminum, to manufacture the charging station, to move the electricity to the CS, to manufacture the batteries and the vehicles and the tens of thousands of ancillary products? AOC is refusings to even listen to this question let alone answer it. So are you.
How many barrels does it take to manufacture an internal combustion vehicle. How many to install a safe fuel storage tank?

How many barrels to ship oil all over the planet?

How the fuck can Biden stand in front of the cameras and promise with a straight face install 500,000 electric car/truck charging stations (BTW who will be paying for them and how much will it cost to charge up all those 'limited life-span batteries'?)
The fucking power grid right now loses more power from 'leakage' than it delivers to the end user.
Biden KNOWS AOC will NEVER allow these charging stations to be built. Why? B/c if the stations were installed electricity would have to be generated. You can't do that using solar panels and wind turbines. So where does the electricity come from?

If you have an argument to be made you don't have to make things up to make it. You know very well no one is using deep cycle batteries and the batteries that are used are lasting as long as IC engines and are recyclable.

Do I expect Biden to do what he says while campaigning? No and that is why I am not voting for him but people once asked "Where are we going to drive these loud smelly contraptions? We have no passable roads and horses can go anywhere".

The longest warranty on the batteries is 100k miles.
Some are as low as 60 to 70k.
Recycling these batteries is expensive and dangerous.
The Wife got 275k out of Her 4Runner with nothing but scheduled maintenance and one alternator.

IC engines are not warranted any longer. Some even less than 60-70K. Your Toyota was only warrantied for 36k. Batteries have been recycled for decades. Heck we did it back in jr high science class.

If you think they had this type battery back then you're a moron or still in high school.....which wouldnt surprise me.
You can buy the extended warranty from Toyota for 1K to $1500 bucks. Assuming you'd even bother.
A new battery for your electric car will run you $5500 in the Chevy Bolt...around the price of a new engine in a normal car.

And as I said. The Wife got 275000 miles with just maintenance and one alternator.
Your electric car will have gone through almost three $5500 dollar batteries by then.

LOL.

The cost of owning a Tesla after 200,000 miles

Here's how a Tesla Model S holds up after 400,000 miles in 3 years - Electrek

And the costs of batteries are constantly falling as technology improves.

LOL....what about those dangerous batteries?
And your example car was used around town and brought back to the business that has its own charging stations.
What are you going to do if you want to go cross country?
If you get lucky enough to find find a charging station then you have to sit around and wait for it to charge.

The Wifes company has around a dozen charging station on sight....only problem is customers are leaving their cars plugged in overnight for a free recharge.
They ended up having to shut em off every evening.
Electrics just aren't practical unless you never leave town.

And try and find somewhere to fix your Tesla.
Goodluck with that.
Some friends greatest desire was buy a Tesla. When they sold their home they did buy a like-new Tesla. The car had been on the lot for six months. They couldn't believe their luck! And the PRICE was amazing!
I was the car and it looked like it was just rolled out of the dealer's showroom!
They paid a few K to have a 220 charging port in their garage. It was a BARGAIN. A month after they had the car it would not start.
They called the used car dealership who basically told them the car was "their problem". They spent hours trying to find any repair shop that would come get the car and fix it. NO ONE was remotely interested.
Out of desperation they called the used car business where they bought the car. They sold the car back to this business for a 12K loss.
This car today has been sitting on the lot for six months. No bites yet.

Tesla will come and pick up a car for service. All they had to do was call.

well technically it is stupid. the current electrical grid couldn't handle that. you know this right? The first move would be to generate funding for nuclear power and then build those across the nation, then, proceed with the stations. Let private business build them as well. I truly don't get you. You keep saying you aren't a demofk not voting for biden and still you have no solutions.

well technically it is stupid. the current electrical grid couldn't handle that. you know this right? The first move would be to generate funding for nuclear power and then build those across the nation, then, proceed with the stations. Let private business build them as well. I truly don't get you. You keep saying you aren't a demofk not voting for biden and still you have no solutions.

EV's are a step forward. They are not the end answer. When we go forward we find answers to questions we aren't even asking today. You are arguing to stick with 19th and 20th century solutions.

A vote against Biden is a vote for tRump.

Staying at home is a vote for tRump.

Stop being part of the problem.

We've done this before and I'm not voting for Joe, but tell me. How does one champion things like BLM and police reform but then vote for someone that lead the way in laws that helped create the problem in their first place?

EV's are a step forward. They are not the end answer. When we go forward we find answers to questions we aren't even asking today. You are arguing to stick with 19th and 20th century solutions.
I'm laughing yet again. windmills are how fking old? solar panels are as useless as a glass window. so tell me what's better than new fusion technology for nuclear plants?

We've done this before and I'm not voting for Joe, but tell me. How does one champion things like BLM and police reform but then vote for someone that lead the way in laws that helped create the problem in their first place?
clapping2.gif

Dude, I never thought I'd ever agree with you. Can't say never any longer. way to step up your game!!!!! I'm proud of you.

BTW, the one thing that stays the same is all the blacks voting for the same old same old and expecting a different response. I no longer feel sorry for them. Obammy saved not one black home. stupid is exactly what you wrote they'll do.

I'm laughing yet again. windmills are how fking old? solar panels are as useless as a glass window. so tell me what's better than new fusion technology for nuclear plants?

I argued that EV's are a step forward and in developing and improving technology we discover answers to thinks we haven't even asked the questions about yet. Such as...........right now solar panels do only access a very small amount of the suns energy. It has improved. Will it be the answer? I don't know but if technology could even double what it is now that would be a huge step forward.

BTW, the one thing that stays the same is all the blacks voting for the same old same old and expecting a different response. I no longer feel sorry for them. Obammy saved not one black home. stupid is exactly what you wrote they'll do.

I commented on what I will do. There are many blacks questioning Biden over the very thing I noted. The answer won't be Trump though.

I don't think so. His ludicrous 'Economic Plan' had to be written by a classroom of ten year olds.
Here's a couple of questions:
Biden promises to install "500,000' charging stations for all the millions of 100% electric cars and trucks. How many deep cycle batteries will it take to power an eighteen wheeler for a hundred miles before plugging into the charging station and waiting 24 hours for the batteries to be recharged?
He must know these stations have to provide electricity right? Where is this electricity going to come from? Not from solar panels and wind turbines. Any grade twelve knows this fact. The electricity must come from hydro dams or nuclear power plants or natural gas or coal or crude oil.........NONE of which AOC will allow!
How many barrels of crude oil does it take to make one charging plant, one electric car, one mile of power line. Make no mistake none of the above is possible without pumping crude oil out of the ground. NONE!
Get into your car and look carefully. Virtually everything you see needed crude oil/petrochemicals to manufacture.
How many barrels of crude oil were needed to manufacture the mining equipment to get the iron ore/aluminum ore out of the ground to make your vehicle's engine components? The list is fucking endless.
Who believes that windmills will provide enough electricity to power an iron ore smelter?
AOC wants no drilling for oil, no fracking for natural gas, no nuclear plants, no hydro plants, no coal plants. Any idea how much crude oil it takes to make a fucking windmill? A solar panel?
And Biden like to good little dementia ridden LIB fool he is goes on national TV and claims he, with AOC's help has found the unicorn that will provide "millions of good paying jobs building and installing windmills and solar panels".
If you ate anything so far today ask yourself how many barrels of crude oil were used to put your 'egg white omelet in front of you?
WTF is the matter with Biden?

Doesn’t he understand the basic Conservative mantra of......Drill Baby Drill

Any attempt to ease the reliance on Fossil Fuels is down right un-American
If it increases the costs of electricity and powering your vehicle a few times over then screw it. Even with that we are not guaranteed anything. We saw how corrupted Solandra was. Gasoline should cost about a buck a gallon. But not with you azzes.

Sometimes you have to go with your best option. I would rather Bernie, but I'm gonna work with Joe. tRump must go.

I commented on what I will do. There are many blacks questioning Biden over the very thing I noted. The answer won't be Trump though.
The end result will be tRump if we don't stand together here.

Sometimes you have to go with your best option. I would rather Bernie, but I'm gonna work with Joe. tRump must go.

Fine. I believe the best option is someone else. I can't with good conscience vote for the guy behind many of the problems we are protesting.

The end result will be tRump if we don't stand together here.

The real differences between Bush/Obama/Trump were small. I am no longer interested.

Fine. I believe the best option is someone else. I can't with good conscience vote for the guy behind many of the problems we are protesting.
The best available option. There's no one else with a chance.

The best available option. There's no one else with a chance.

The Democrats had a far better option. They went with the poor option. I'm not supporting that.

Forum List

Back