Has anyone seen these videos

See I wouldn't or maybe couldn't call this critique biased. I checked out the producer and he's a legitimate historian who taught at the university level. He doesn't seem to me to be a man with an agenda. It seem that he just wants to make a statement about media.

TheButlerDidIt said:
See I wouldn't or maybe couldn't call this critique biased. I checked out the producer and he's a legitimate historian who taught at the university level. He doesn't seem to me to be a man with an agenda. It seem that he just wants to make a statement about media.

A legitimate historian who has taught at the university level would probably be more likely to have an agenda than others. I understand that he was concerned with debunking the French media however if he didn't go overboard in the process, he may have been more believable. I was left with the impression that NO ONE reported the exact details of the incident. No one even interviewed the Israelis involved.

Your point about a historian having an agenda seems empty. No offense but just why would a historian have an agenda about current events? I am absolutely open minded and willing to listen, I just can't understand where that comes from.

In no way am I trying to defend theses films. I'm just as sceptical as the next guy however, I found the information presented to be pretty intriuging.

TheButlerDidIt said:
Your point about a historian having an agenda seems empty. No offense but just why would a historian have an agenda about current events? I am absolutely open minded and willing to listen, I just can't understand where that comes from.

In no way am I trying to defend theses films. I'm just as sceptical as the next guy however, I found the information presented to be pretty intriuging.

I'm always intersted in watching anyone trying to debunk something because "what really happened" and the "truth" are things that I am concerned about. In society we have people who have either purposely or by default been chosen to be our story tellers. They can be the media, teachers, clergymen, scientists etc.

If these story tellers would like for the listener to perceive things in a certain light, they can flamboyantly exagerate or subtly twist. For example--a historian who was from a particularly radical political party may want people to believe that another party caused a bad thing to happen and use his influence to make the truth appear differently than it is.

Forum List

Back