Has anyone seen a blurb on 'Deepface"?

bullwinkle

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
I saw it in passing. I think it is called 'deepface'. It shows videos of people that are composites and do not exist yet looking very real. Comedian J Peele pulled up a composite of Obama using Peele's words and looking like Obama was speaking saying something silly about Ben Carson. But the fear is that the bots that invaded, and are still invading, our message boards and other social media will use this to create famous, and infamous, faces to muddy up issues even more convincing than we now face without visuals. The blurb I saw showed a site but I didn't get it, and I tried to look it up, but cannot find any data.

Well, after people photoshopped that girl from the school shooting at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas school showing her ripping up the Constitution, when in reality it was a shooting target, you had to figure that crap like this was going to show up sooner or later.

And, yeah, it's kinda scary about how good the fakes can look. About the only way you could tell it was a fake would be to run it through a computer program that can detect them. A regular person wouldn't know if it was real or not.

Forum List

Back