Harpers Ferry and John Brown insurrection

Votto

Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
27,638
Reaction score
11,283
Points
940
Lets see here, 99% of abolitionist where white Republican Christians fighting slavery. And very few of us wanted or got any profits from slavery.....
Modern democrats from elected officials to everyday voters brainwashed by propaganda to lunatic intelligentsia will NEVER acknowledge their party's racist, slave owning heritage; not gonna happen. You are still trying to hold rational dialogue with people (democrats) who only want to silence and destroy us.
Another poster without a shift key. Presumably when you write "democrats" you actually mean "Democrats'. They are two different words.

The fact remains, nobody anywhere ever needed a political party to own or trade in slaves, and that was going on for over three hundred years before "Democrats" existed. Slavery was not a political product; it was a commercial (waste) product. But we already did this.
You're insane.

Slavery was all about politics. The South depended upon it for their economy.

It was all about free labor, like it was with indentured servitude before it, and like illegal immigrants are today.

It's why things are the way they are so feel free to pull your head from are arse just any time now.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
122,646
Reaction score
22,121
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Indeed, John Brown was an insurrectionist and fought for abolition, which was a political movement at that time. To not call it a political act is denying reality, but I see why the Left does because they don't want to draw any parallels to it to the modern day political insurrectionist.

You have made your point but don't expect the Left to acknowledge it in any way.

The Left has no desire to have any meaningful dialogue such as this. After all, they control academia and the media, so all they have to do is censor people like you and deride them to silence you. I wonder what John Brown would have done about all this control and censorship?
WRONG. Abolition was a moral/religious movement, at that time and for 350 years prior. John Brown was a religiously-driven activist, not a political animal. Although if you insist on finding some you'd find his views staunchly Liberal:

>> Brown said repeatedly that all of his anti-slavery activities, both in Kansas and Harpers Ferry, were in accordance with the Golden Rule.[4][5] He said the most famous sentence in the Declaration of Independenceall men are created equal—"meant the same thing" << (Wiki)​

And once again you're determined to somehow twist a history thread into your own butthurt about "the Left". Go buy a history book.
Human beings are all political animals. Both politics and religion are the same in that it involves how people should live their lives. Again, John Brown was a political force as he touched the political nerve of a nation on the verge of Civil War. So you are wrong.
Now you even copied the word "wrong" from my post.

Brown's event had political ramifications, obviously. But he didn't take his actions out of political fervor, NOR is everything political as you seem to believe. He took his position out of religious belief. So did Bartholomé de las Casas, and I know you know who he was because you copied that whole post of mine. De las Casas didn't have a political basis either. He was a priest.

From a Left wing perspective, you believe that society should adopt Left wing ideals, and to fall short in any way is injustice. Your moral arrogance is bolstered by the belief that not believing in God is superior to those that do because God cannot be proven with science and science leads you to all truth.
Finally you've abandoned copying off my paper and are now just pulling shit out of your ass. NOWHERE here or anywhere else have I posted anything remotely resembling that "society should adopt left wing ideals" or in fact "should adopt" anything, nor have I posted anything about belief/non-belief in God being "superior" to anything else so you're just a goddam liar.

Oh and note to goddam liar --- my perspective isn't "left wing" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, it's History. We're in the fucking History forum, Shitforbrains. And NO, Stupid, politics and religion are NOT the same thing at all. What level of Retard School do you go to to come up with that kind of malarkey?
Politics is in everything because people are political creatures. You can nit pick as to what degree politics effects us but to not understand this is to not understand human nature.
No, YOU are a political creature and too narrowminded to think your way out of it. I suspect you're one of these binary-bot dichotomists who think the entire universe is made of two "tribes", called "Democrats" and "Republicans'. The fact is for the vast majority of Slavery time not only were there NO political parties but even when there were, few people were involved in them. Even today there are more of us "no party" voters than either Democrats OR Republicans. Trying to force the square peg of Everything into the round hole of Politics is just mindless. Culture dictates **WAY** more than any kind of politics.

So when these merchants, the same ones who invented racism to sell their human cargo, sold their propaganda that "these aren't really people", they were changing the CULTURE. Not the POLITICS. Culture had always been there, since we lived in trees; political parties only got here two hundred years ago.

The Catholic church is full of such politics and even dictated to world empires at one time. Sure, they are not the political power they used to be
And that's because Liberalism created this country and threw off that idea that nations had to be run by a coalition of Aristocracy and Clergy. That's why we're here.

but they still play politics by doing such things as the Pope giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and not saying much at all about abortion even though abortion by Catholic official teaching is mass genocide because it is not politically expedient in the Left wing political world wide culture.
"Political culture" huh? Now you want to have it both ways? Which is it? Politics or culture?

But the Catholic church failed to publicly condemn the Holocaust as well. Why? Politics. They knew if they did they would lose their precious Vatican empire as well as their very lives.
Linkie?
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
122,646
Reaction score
22,121
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
Lets see here, 99% of abolitionist where white Republican Christians fighting slavery. And very few of us wanted or got any profits from slavery.....
Modern democrats from elected officials to everyday voters brainwashed by propaganda to lunatic intelligentsia will NEVER acknowledge their party's racist, slave owning heritage; not gonna happen. You are still trying to hold rational dialogue with people (democrats) who only want to silence and destroy us.
Another poster without a shift key. Presumably when you write "democrats" you actually mean "Democrats'. They are two different words.

The fact remains, nobody anywhere ever needed a political party to own or trade in slaves, and that was going on for over three hundred years before "Democrats" existed. Slavery was not a political product; it was a commercial (waste) product. But we already did this.
You're insane.

Slavery was all about politics. The South depended upon it for their economy.

It was all about free labor, like it was with indentured servitude before it, and like illegal immigrants are today.

It's why things are the way they are so feel free to pull your head from are arse just any time now.
Go disprove anything I posted, jackwagon
Go prove that shit you made up about me, asshole.

You're a goddam liar. If there's any arse-pulling that popping sound will be from your end.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
122,646
Reaction score
22,121
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Are you somehow claiming that a rebellion against slavery is the equivalent to a rebellion to support a failed Presidents lies?
Gotta be. No other way to read it.

Kind of outrageous how summa these seditonists are willing to step all over the backs of --- even slaves, now --- to find excuses for themselves.
 

Votto

Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
27,638
Reaction score
11,283
Points
940
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Indeed, John Brown was an insurrectionist and fought for abolition, which was a political movement at that time. To not call it a political act is denying reality, but I see why the Left does because they don't want to draw any parallels to it to the modern day political insurrectionist.

You have made your point but don't expect the Left to acknowledge it in any way.

The Left has no desire to have any meaningful dialogue such as this. After all, they control academia and the media, so all they have to do is censor people like you and deride them to silence you. I wonder what John Brown would have done about all this control and censorship?
WRONG. Abolition was a moral/religious movement, at that time and for 350 years prior. John Brown was a religiously-driven activist, not a political animal. Although if you insist on finding some you'd find his views staunchly Liberal:

>> Brown said repeatedly that all of his anti-slavery activities, both in Kansas and Harpers Ferry, were in accordance with the Golden Rule.[4][5] He said the most famous sentence in the Declaration of Independenceall men are created equal—"meant the same thing" << (Wiki)​

And once again you're determined to somehow twist a history thread into your own butthurt about "the Left". Go buy a history book.
Human beings are all political animals. Both politics and religion are the same in that it involves how people should live their lives. Again, John Brown was a political force as he touched the political nerve of a nation on the verge of Civil War. So you are wrong.
Now you even copied the word "wrong" from my post.

Brown's event had political ramifications, obviously. But he didn't take his actions out of political fervor, NOR is everything political as you seem to believe. He took his position out of religious belief. So did Bartholomé de las Casas, and I know you know who he was because you copied that whole post of mine. De las Casas didn't have a political basis either. He was a priest.

From a Left wing perspective, you believe that society should adopt Left wing ideals, and to fall short in any way is injustice. Your moral arrogance is bolstered by the belief that not believing in God is superior to those that do because God cannot be proven with science and science leads you to all truth.
Finally you've abandoned copying off my paper and are now just pulling shit out of your ass. NOWHERE here or anywhere else have I posted anything remotely resembling that "society should adopt left wing ideals" or in fact "should adopt" anything, nor have I posted anything about belief/non-belief in God being "superior" to anything else so you're just a goddam liar.

Oh and note to goddam liar --- my perspective isn't "left wing" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, it's History. We're in the fucking History forum, Shitforbrains. And NO, Stupid, politics and religion are NOT the same thing at all. What level of Retard School do you go to to come up with that kind of malarkey?
Politics is in everything because people are political creatures. You can nit pick as to what degree politics effects us but to not understand this is to not understand human nature.
No, YOU are a political creature and too narrowminded to think your way out of it. I suspect you're one of these binary-bot dichotomists who think the entire universe is made of two "tribes", called "Democrats" and "Republicans'. The fact is for the vast majority of Slavery time not only were there NO political parties but even when there were, few people were involved in them. Even today there are more of us "no party" voters than either Democrats OR Republicans. Trying to force the square peg of Everything into the round hole of Politics is just mindless. Culture dictates **WAY** more than any kind of politics.

So when these merchants, the same ones who invented racism to sell their human cargo, sold their propaganda that "these aren't really people", they were changing the CULTURE. Not the POLITICS. Culture had always been there, since we lived in trees; political parties only got here two hundred years ago.

The Catholic church is full of such politics and even dictated to world empires at one time. Sure, they are not the political power they used to be
And that's because Liberalism created this country and threw off that idea that nations had to be run by a coalition of Aristocracy and Clergy. That's why we're here.

but they still play politics by doing such things as the Pope giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and not saying much at all about abortion even though abortion by Catholic official teaching is mass genocide because it is not politically expedient in the Left wing political world wide culture.
"Political culture" huh? Now you want to have it both ways? Which is it? Politics or culture?

But the Catholic church failed to publicly condemn the Holocaust as well. Why? Politics. They knew if they did they would lose their precious Vatican empire as well as their very lives.
Linkie?
I could care less about the GOP. They are useless. But the Left is all about "the party", just like the former communist party of Stalin. For them, their universe revolves around the party.

Politics is about the power of sinful men, and as such, is not redeemable.

If you study ancient history, man once tried to convince others he was God in order to become a king, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that he spoke for God, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that there was not God, thus making him the ultimate authority once again.

Man was never meant to be king and those that try all fall short.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
122,646
Reaction score
22,121
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Indeed, John Brown was an insurrectionist and fought for abolition, which was a political movement at that time. To not call it a political act is denying reality, but I see why the Left does because they don't want to draw any parallels to it to the modern day political insurrectionist.

You have made your point but don't expect the Left to acknowledge it in any way.

The Left has no desire to have any meaningful dialogue such as this. After all, they control academia and the media, so all they have to do is censor people like you and deride them to silence you. I wonder what John Brown would have done about all this control and censorship?
WRONG. Abolition was a moral/religious movement, at that time and for 350 years prior. John Brown was a religiously-driven activist, not a political animal. Although if you insist on finding some you'd find his views staunchly Liberal:

>> Brown said repeatedly that all of his anti-slavery activities, both in Kansas and Harpers Ferry, were in accordance with the Golden Rule.[4][5] He said the most famous sentence in the Declaration of Independenceall men are created equal—"meant the same thing" << (Wiki)​

And once again you're determined to somehow twist a history thread into your own butthurt about "the Left". Go buy a history book.
Human beings are all political animals. Both politics and religion are the same in that it involves how people should live their lives. Again, John Brown was a political force as he touched the political nerve of a nation on the verge of Civil War. So you are wrong.
Now you even copied the word "wrong" from my post.

Brown's event had political ramifications, obviously. But he didn't take his actions out of political fervor, NOR is everything political as you seem to believe. He took his position out of religious belief. So did Bartholomé de las Casas, and I know you know who he was because you copied that whole post of mine. De las Casas didn't have a political basis either. He was a priest.

From a Left wing perspective, you believe that society should adopt Left wing ideals, and to fall short in any way is injustice. Your moral arrogance is bolstered by the belief that not believing in God is superior to those that do because God cannot be proven with science and science leads you to all truth.
Finally you've abandoned copying off my paper and are now just pulling shit out of your ass. NOWHERE here or anywhere else have I posted anything remotely resembling that "society should adopt left wing ideals" or in fact "should adopt" anything, nor have I posted anything about belief/non-belief in God being "superior" to anything else so you're just a goddam liar.

Oh and note to goddam liar --- my perspective isn't "left wing" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, it's History. We're in the fucking History forum, Shitforbrains. And NO, Stupid, politics and religion are NOT the same thing at all. What level of Retard School do you go to to come up with that kind of malarkey?
Politics is in everything because people are political creatures. You can nit pick as to what degree politics effects us but to not understand this is to not understand human nature.
No, YOU are a political creature and too narrowminded to think your way out of it. I suspect you're one of these binary-bot dichotomists who think the entire universe is made of two "tribes", called "Democrats" and "Republicans'. The fact is for the vast majority of Slavery time not only were there NO political parties but even when there were, few people were involved in them. Even today there are more of us "no party" voters than either Democrats OR Republicans. Trying to force the square peg of Everything into the round hole of Politics is just mindless. Culture dictates **WAY** more than any kind of politics.

So when these merchants, the same ones who invented racism to sell their human cargo, sold their propaganda that "these aren't really people", they were changing the CULTURE. Not the POLITICS. Culture had always been there, since we lived in trees; political parties only got here two hundred years ago.

The Catholic church is full of such politics and even dictated to world empires at one time. Sure, they are not the political power they used to be
And that's because Liberalism created this country and threw off that idea that nations had to be run by a coalition of Aristocracy and Clergy. That's why we're here.

but they still play politics by doing such things as the Pope giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and not saying much at all about abortion even though abortion by Catholic official teaching is mass genocide because it is not politically expedient in the Left wing political world wide culture.
"Political culture" huh? Now you want to have it both ways? Which is it? Politics or culture?

But the Catholic church failed to publicly condemn the Holocaust as well. Why? Politics. They knew if they did they would lose their precious Vatican empire as well as their very lives.
Linkie?
I could care less about the GOP. They are useless. But the Left is all about "the party", just like the former communist party of Stalin. For them, their universe revolves around the party.

Politics is about the power of sinful men, and as such, is not redeemable.

If you study ancient history, man once tried to convince others he was God in order to become a king, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that he spoke for God, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that there was not God, thus making him the ultimate authority once again.

Man was never meant to be king and those that try all fall short.
What the fuck would you know about "studying history" after directly copying it off my earlier posts?
 

Votto

Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
27,638
Reaction score
11,283
Points
940
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Indeed, John Brown was an insurrectionist and fought for abolition, which was a political movement at that time. To not call it a political act is denying reality, but I see why the Left does because they don't want to draw any parallels to it to the modern day political insurrectionist.

You have made your point but don't expect the Left to acknowledge it in any way.

The Left has no desire to have any meaningful dialogue such as this. After all, they control academia and the media, so all they have to do is censor people like you and deride them to silence you. I wonder what John Brown would have done about all this control and censorship?
WRONG. Abolition was a moral/religious movement, at that time and for 350 years prior. John Brown was a religiously-driven activist, not a political animal. Although if you insist on finding some you'd find his views staunchly Liberal:

>> Brown said repeatedly that all of his anti-slavery activities, both in Kansas and Harpers Ferry, were in accordance with the Golden Rule.[4][5] He said the most famous sentence in the Declaration of Independenceall men are created equal—"meant the same thing" << (Wiki)​

And once again you're determined to somehow twist a history thread into your own butthurt about "the Left". Go buy a history book.
Human beings are all political animals. Both politics and religion are the same in that it involves how people should live their lives. Again, John Brown was a political force as he touched the political nerve of a nation on the verge of Civil War. So you are wrong.
Now you even copied the word "wrong" from my post.

Brown's event had political ramifications, obviously. But he didn't take his actions out of political fervor, NOR is everything political as you seem to believe. He took his position out of religious belief. So did Bartholomé de las Casas, and I know you know who he was because you copied that whole post of mine. De las Casas didn't have a political basis either. He was a priest.

From a Left wing perspective, you believe that society should adopt Left wing ideals, and to fall short in any way is injustice. Your moral arrogance is bolstered by the belief that not believing in God is superior to those that do because God cannot be proven with science and science leads you to all truth.
Finally you've abandoned copying off my paper and are now just pulling shit out of your ass. NOWHERE here or anywhere else have I posted anything remotely resembling that "society should adopt left wing ideals" or in fact "should adopt" anything, nor have I posted anything about belief/non-belief in God being "superior" to anything else so you're just a goddam liar.

Oh and note to goddam liar --- my perspective isn't "left wing" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, it's History. We're in the fucking History forum, Shitforbrains. And NO, Stupid, politics and religion are NOT the same thing at all. What level of Retard School do you go to to come up with that kind of malarkey?
Politics is in everything because people are political creatures. You can nit pick as to what degree politics effects us but to not understand this is to not understand human nature.
No, YOU are a political creature and too narrowminded to think your way out of it. I suspect you're one of these binary-bot dichotomists who think the entire universe is made of two "tribes", called "Democrats" and "Republicans'. The fact is for the vast majority of Slavery time not only were there NO political parties but even when there were, few people were involved in them. Even today there are more of us "no party" voters than either Democrats OR Republicans. Trying to force the square peg of Everything into the round hole of Politics is just mindless. Culture dictates **WAY** more than any kind of politics.

So when these merchants, the same ones who invented racism to sell their human cargo, sold their propaganda that "these aren't really people", they were changing the CULTURE. Not the POLITICS. Culture had always been there, since we lived in trees; political parties only got here two hundred years ago.

The Catholic church is full of such politics and even dictated to world empires at one time. Sure, they are not the political power they used to be
And that's because Liberalism created this country and threw off that idea that nations had to be run by a coalition of Aristocracy and Clergy. That's why we're here.

but they still play politics by doing such things as the Pope giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and not saying much at all about abortion even though abortion by Catholic official teaching is mass genocide because it is not politically expedient in the Left wing political world wide culture.
"Political culture" huh? Now you want to have it both ways? Which is it? Politics or culture?

But the Catholic church failed to publicly condemn the Holocaust as well. Why? Politics. They knew if they did they would lose their precious Vatican empire as well as their very lives.
Linkie?
I could care less about the GOP. They are useless. But the Left is all about "the party", just like the former communist party of Stalin. For them, their universe revolves around the party.

Politics is about the power of sinful men, and as such, is not redeemable.

If you study ancient history, man once tried to convince others he was God in order to become a king, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that he spoke for God, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that there was not God, thus making him the ultimate authority once again.

Man was never meant to be king and those that try all fall short.
What the fuck would you know about "studying history" after directly copying it off my earlier posts?
It's not just about your failing to understand history, it is your failing to understand human nature.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
122,646
Reaction score
22,121
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Indeed, John Brown was an insurrectionist and fought for abolition, which was a political movement at that time. To not call it a political act is denying reality, but I see why the Left does because they don't want to draw any parallels to it to the modern day political insurrectionist.

You have made your point but don't expect the Left to acknowledge it in any way.

The Left has no desire to have any meaningful dialogue such as this. After all, they control academia and the media, so all they have to do is censor people like you and deride them to silence you. I wonder what John Brown would have done about all this control and censorship?
WRONG. Abolition was a moral/religious movement, at that time and for 350 years prior. John Brown was a religiously-driven activist, not a political animal. Although if you insist on finding some you'd find his views staunchly Liberal:

>> Brown said repeatedly that all of his anti-slavery activities, both in Kansas and Harpers Ferry, were in accordance with the Golden Rule.[4][5] He said the most famous sentence in the Declaration of Independenceall men are created equal—"meant the same thing" << (Wiki)​

And once again you're determined to somehow twist a history thread into your own butthurt about "the Left". Go buy a history book.
Human beings are all political animals. Both politics and religion are the same in that it involves how people should live their lives. Again, John Brown was a political force as he touched the political nerve of a nation on the verge of Civil War. So you are wrong.
Now you even copied the word "wrong" from my post.

Brown's event had political ramifications, obviously. But he didn't take his actions out of political fervor, NOR is everything political as you seem to believe. He took his position out of religious belief. So did Bartholomé de las Casas, and I know you know who he was because you copied that whole post of mine. De las Casas didn't have a political basis either. He was a priest.

From a Left wing perspective, you believe that society should adopt Left wing ideals, and to fall short in any way is injustice. Your moral arrogance is bolstered by the belief that not believing in God is superior to those that do because God cannot be proven with science and science leads you to all truth.
Finally you've abandoned copying off my paper and are now just pulling shit out of your ass. NOWHERE here or anywhere else have I posted anything remotely resembling that "society should adopt left wing ideals" or in fact "should adopt" anything, nor have I posted anything about belief/non-belief in God being "superior" to anything else so you're just a goddam liar.

Oh and note to goddam liar --- my perspective isn't "left wing" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, it's History. We're in the fucking History forum, Shitforbrains. And NO, Stupid, politics and religion are NOT the same thing at all. What level of Retard School do you go to to come up with that kind of malarkey?
Politics is in everything because people are political creatures. You can nit pick as to what degree politics effects us but to not understand this is to not understand human nature.
No, YOU are a political creature and too narrowminded to think your way out of it. I suspect you're one of these binary-bot dichotomists who think the entire universe is made of two "tribes", called "Democrats" and "Republicans'. The fact is for the vast majority of Slavery time not only were there NO political parties but even when there were, few people were involved in them. Even today there are more of us "no party" voters than either Democrats OR Republicans. Trying to force the square peg of Everything into the round hole of Politics is just mindless. Culture dictates **WAY** more than any kind of politics.

So when these merchants, the same ones who invented racism to sell their human cargo, sold their propaganda that "these aren't really people", they were changing the CULTURE. Not the POLITICS. Culture had always been there, since we lived in trees; political parties only got here two hundred years ago.

The Catholic church is full of such politics and even dictated to world empires at one time. Sure, they are not the political power they used to be
And that's because Liberalism created this country and threw off that idea that nations had to be run by a coalition of Aristocracy and Clergy. That's why we're here.

but they still play politics by doing such things as the Pope giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and not saying much at all about abortion even though abortion by Catholic official teaching is mass genocide because it is not politically expedient in the Left wing political world wide culture.
"Political culture" huh? Now you want to have it both ways? Which is it? Politics or culture?

But the Catholic church failed to publicly condemn the Holocaust as well. Why? Politics. They knew if they did they would lose their precious Vatican empire as well as their very lives.
Linkie?
I could care less about the GOP. They are useless. But the Left is all about "the party", just like the former communist party of Stalin. For them, their universe revolves around the party.

Politics is about the power of sinful men, and as such, is not redeemable.

If you study ancient history, man once tried to convince others he was God in order to become a king, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that he spoke for God, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that there was not God, thus making him the ultimate authority once again.

Man was never meant to be king and those that try all fall short.
What the fuck would you know about "studying history" after directly copying it off my earlier posts?
It's not just about your failing to understand history, it is your failing to understand human nature.
Whelp, I sure know a goddam liar when I see one.

When are you gonna admit to that? I'll set my alarm.
 

Votto

Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
27,638
Reaction score
11,283
Points
940
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Indeed, John Brown was an insurrectionist and fought for abolition, which was a political movement at that time. To not call it a political act is denying reality, but I see why the Left does because they don't want to draw any parallels to it to the modern day political insurrectionist.

You have made your point but don't expect the Left to acknowledge it in any way.

The Left has no desire to have any meaningful dialogue such as this. After all, they control academia and the media, so all they have to do is censor people like you and deride them to silence you. I wonder what John Brown would have done about all this control and censorship?
WRONG. Abolition was a moral/religious movement, at that time and for 350 years prior. John Brown was a religiously-driven activist, not a political animal. Although if you insist on finding some you'd find his views staunchly Liberal:

>> Brown said repeatedly that all of his anti-slavery activities, both in Kansas and Harpers Ferry, were in accordance with the Golden Rule.[4][5] He said the most famous sentence in the Declaration of Independenceall men are created equal—"meant the same thing" << (Wiki)​

And once again you're determined to somehow twist a history thread into your own butthurt about "the Left". Go buy a history book.
Human beings are all political animals. Both politics and religion are the same in that it involves how people should live their lives. Again, John Brown was a political force as he touched the political nerve of a nation on the verge of Civil War. So you are wrong.
Now you even copied the word "wrong" from my post.

Brown's event had political ramifications, obviously. But he didn't take his actions out of political fervor, NOR is everything political as you seem to believe. He took his position out of religious belief. So did Bartholomé de las Casas, and I know you know who he was because you copied that whole post of mine. De las Casas didn't have a political basis either. He was a priest.

From a Left wing perspective, you believe that society should adopt Left wing ideals, and to fall short in any way is injustice. Your moral arrogance is bolstered by the belief that not believing in God is superior to those that do because God cannot be proven with science and science leads you to all truth.
Finally you've abandoned copying off my paper and are now just pulling shit out of your ass. NOWHERE here or anywhere else have I posted anything remotely resembling that "society should adopt left wing ideals" or in fact "should adopt" anything, nor have I posted anything about belief/non-belief in God being "superior" to anything else so you're just a goddam liar.

Oh and note to goddam liar --- my perspective isn't "left wing" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, it's History. We're in the fucking History forum, Shitforbrains. And NO, Stupid, politics and religion are NOT the same thing at all. What level of Retard School do you go to to come up with that kind of malarkey?
Politics is in everything because people are political creatures. You can nit pick as to what degree politics effects us but to not understand this is to not understand human nature.
No, YOU are a political creature and too narrowminded to think your way out of it. I suspect you're one of these binary-bot dichotomists who think the entire universe is made of two "tribes", called "Democrats" and "Republicans'. The fact is for the vast majority of Slavery time not only were there NO political parties but even when there were, few people were involved in them. Even today there are more of us "no party" voters than either Democrats OR Republicans. Trying to force the square peg of Everything into the round hole of Politics is just mindless. Culture dictates **WAY** more than any kind of politics.

So when these merchants, the same ones who invented racism to sell their human cargo, sold their propaganda that "these aren't really people", they were changing the CULTURE. Not the POLITICS. Culture had always been there, since we lived in trees; political parties only got here two hundred years ago.

The Catholic church is full of such politics and even dictated to world empires at one time. Sure, they are not the political power they used to be
And that's because Liberalism created this country and threw off that idea that nations had to be run by a coalition of Aristocracy and Clergy. That's why we're here.

but they still play politics by doing such things as the Pope giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and not saying much at all about abortion even though abortion by Catholic official teaching is mass genocide because it is not politically expedient in the Left wing political world wide culture.
"Political culture" huh? Now you want to have it both ways? Which is it? Politics or culture?

But the Catholic church failed to publicly condemn the Holocaust as well. Why? Politics. They knew if they did they would lose their precious Vatican empire as well as their very lives.
Linkie?
I could care less about the GOP. They are useless. But the Left is all about "the party", just like the former communist party of Stalin. For them, their universe revolves around the party.

Politics is about the power of sinful men, and as such, is not redeemable.

If you study ancient history, man once tried to convince others he was God in order to become a king, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that he spoke for God, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that there was not God, thus making him the ultimate authority once again.

Man was never meant to be king and those that try all fall short.
What the fuck would you know about "studying history" after directly copying it off my earlier posts?
It's not just about your failing to understand history, it is your failing to understand human nature.
Whelp, I sure know a goddam liar when I see one.

When are you gonna admit to that? I'll set my alarm.
What did I say that was wrong?

You don't believe in a God, correct?

You believe that you are a man of reason and trust in science because science leads you to all truth. Correct?

As a result, you lean Left politically because your God void must be filled with a state void, someone to reach out to for your collective salvation.


What did I say that was wrong, or does it trouble you I see right through you?
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
122,646
Reaction score
22,121
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario
I identify with John Brown. He was called an insurrectionist too.
Indeed, John Brown was an insurrectionist and fought for abolition, which was a political movement at that time. To not call it a political act is denying reality, but I see why the Left does because they don't want to draw any parallels to it to the modern day political insurrectionist.

You have made your point but don't expect the Left to acknowledge it in any way.

The Left has no desire to have any meaningful dialogue such as this. After all, they control academia and the media, so all they have to do is censor people like you and deride them to silence you. I wonder what John Brown would have done about all this control and censorship?
WRONG. Abolition was a moral/religious movement, at that time and for 350 years prior. John Brown was a religiously-driven activist, not a political animal. Although if you insist on finding some you'd find his views staunchly Liberal:

>> Brown said repeatedly that all of his anti-slavery activities, both in Kansas and Harpers Ferry, were in accordance with the Golden Rule.[4][5] He said the most famous sentence in the Declaration of Independenceall men are created equal—"meant the same thing" << (Wiki)​

And once again you're determined to somehow twist a history thread into your own butthurt about "the Left". Go buy a history book.
Human beings are all political animals. Both politics and religion are the same in that it involves how people should live their lives. Again, John Brown was a political force as he touched the political nerve of a nation on the verge of Civil War. So you are wrong.
Now you even copied the word "wrong" from my post.

Brown's event had political ramifications, obviously. But he didn't take his actions out of political fervor, NOR is everything political as you seem to believe. He took his position out of religious belief. So did Bartholomé de las Casas, and I know you know who he was because you copied that whole post of mine. De las Casas didn't have a political basis either. He was a priest.

From a Left wing perspective, you believe that society should adopt Left wing ideals, and to fall short in any way is injustice. Your moral arrogance is bolstered by the belief that not believing in God is superior to those that do because God cannot be proven with science and science leads you to all truth.
Finally you've abandoned copying off my paper and are now just pulling shit out of your ass. NOWHERE here or anywhere else have I posted anything remotely resembling that "society should adopt left wing ideals" or in fact "should adopt" anything, nor have I posted anything about belief/non-belief in God being "superior" to anything else so you're just a goddam liar.

Oh and note to goddam liar --- my perspective isn't "left wing" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean, it's History. We're in the fucking History forum, Shitforbrains. And NO, Stupid, politics and religion are NOT the same thing at all. What level of Retard School do you go to to come up with that kind of malarkey?
Politics is in everything because people are political creatures. You can nit pick as to what degree politics effects us but to not understand this is to not understand human nature.
No, YOU are a political creature and too narrowminded to think your way out of it. I suspect you're one of these binary-bot dichotomists who think the entire universe is made of two "tribes", called "Democrats" and "Republicans'. The fact is for the vast majority of Slavery time not only were there NO political parties but even when there were, few people were involved in them. Even today there are more of us "no party" voters than either Democrats OR Republicans. Trying to force the square peg of Everything into the round hole of Politics is just mindless. Culture dictates **WAY** more than any kind of politics.

So when these merchants, the same ones who invented racism to sell their human cargo, sold their propaganda that "these aren't really people", they were changing the CULTURE. Not the POLITICS. Culture had always been there, since we lived in trees; political parties only got here two hundred years ago.

The Catholic church is full of such politics and even dictated to world empires at one time. Sure, they are not the political power they used to be
And that's because Liberalism created this country and threw off that idea that nations had to be run by a coalition of Aristocracy and Clergy. That's why we're here.

but they still play politics by doing such things as the Pope giving sermons on the evils of building walls, a clear shot at Trump, and not saying much at all about abortion even though abortion by Catholic official teaching is mass genocide because it is not politically expedient in the Left wing political world wide culture.
"Political culture" huh? Now you want to have it both ways? Which is it? Politics or culture?

But the Catholic church failed to publicly condemn the Holocaust as well. Why? Politics. They knew if they did they would lose their precious Vatican empire as well as their very lives.
Linkie?
I could care less about the GOP. They are useless. But the Left is all about "the party", just like the former communist party of Stalin. For them, their universe revolves around the party.

Politics is about the power of sinful men, and as such, is not redeemable.

If you study ancient history, man once tried to convince others he was God in order to become a king, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that he spoke for God, but when that no longer had appeal he convinced people that there was not God, thus making him the ultimate authority once again.

Man was never meant to be king and those that try all fall short.
What the fuck would you know about "studying history" after directly copying it off my earlier posts?
It's not just about your failing to understand history, it is your failing to understand human nature.
Whelp, I sure know a goddam liar when I see one.

When are you gonna admit to that? I'll set my alarm.
What did I say that was wrong?

You don't believe in a God, correct?

You believe that you are a man of reason and trust in science because science leads you to all truth. Correct?

As a result, you lean Left politically because your God void must be filled with a state void, someone to reach out to for your collective salvation.


What did I say that was wrong, or does it trouble you I see right through you?
Fuck you. YOU do not speak for me, ***EVER***, underfuckingstand? If you think you have an idea about me, QUOTE ME, ASSHOLE. And when you can't do that................ you're a fucking liar.
 

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
219,234
Reaction score
45,445
Points
2,190

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
219,234
Reaction score
45,445
Points
2,190
I’ve visited that place many times.

Very interesting history.
Harpers Ferry is a beautiful historic city. I climbed the mountain outside the city ....What a spectacular view

1611751333158.jpeg
 
Last edited:

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
219,234
Reaction score
45,445
Points
2,190
Lets see here, 99% of abolitionist where white Republican Christians fighting slavery. And very few of us wanted or got any profits from slavery.....
Modern democrats from elected officials to everyday voters brainwashed by propaganda to lunatic intelligentsia will NEVER acknowledge their party's racist, slave owning heritage; not gonna happen. You are still trying to hold rational dialogue with people (democrats) who only want to silence and destroy us.
Another poster without a shift key. Presumably when you write "democrats" you actually mean "Democrats'. They are two different words.

The fact remains, nobody anywhere ever needed a political party to own or trade in slaves, and that was going on for over three hundred years before "Democrats" existed. Slavery was not a political product; it was a commercial (waste) product. But we already did this.
You're insane.

Slavery was all about politics. The South depended upon it for their economy.

It was all about free labor, like it was with indentured servitude before it, and like illegal immigrants are today.

It's why things are the way they are so feel free to pull your head from are arse just any time now.
Slavery was a North/South issue that Republicans have turned political. It existed hundreds of years before either party was formed.

But it is today’s Republicans who celebrate and defend the heritage of Slavery
 

Mindful

Diamond Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
41,510
Reaction score
14,931
Points
2,320
Location
Here, there, and everywhere.
I’ve visited that place many times.

Very interesting history.
Harpers Ferry is a beautiful historic city. I climbed the mountain outside the city ....What a spectacular view
Up to the Catholic church? Built for the Irish labourers.

I could imagine all the brawling going on, back in the day.
 

Pogo

Diamond Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2012
Messages
122,646
Reaction score
22,121
Points
2,190
Location
Fennario

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top