HARD RIGHT TURN: How The GOP Destroyed Its Moderates

Kaz -

I think many people felt Romney was a moderate - given his healthcare package and attitude towards coal - but now he has totally reversed his posiition on those topics.

Conservatives should be concerned about both the flip-flopping and the fact that their candidate seems to be stuck in about 1976, but few seem to be.

16 trillion in debt.

You'd think the left would wise up.

I really don't care about social issues.

Obamacare will only help break us faster.

You dicks just don't get it.

Listening -

Your first mistake may be to assume that everyone who disagrees with you "doesn't get it".

Every so often it is worth forgetting partisan loyalty, and actually taking a look at your own party as if you were seeing it for the first time.

Start by asking yourself what Romney's position on abortions, coal or tax cuts for the rich REALLY are.

You might then ask yourself why newspapers like the Washington Post decribe Romney's economic policies as "ruinous" and why EU banks are considering downgrading US investment if Romney wins.

Absolutely! President Kennedy address’s most famous line exhorted a generation to pursue careers and lives guided by public service.

Obama Issues Call for Public Service

Before presenting his proposals calling for a renewed commitment to national service, Mr. Obama was endorsed by Harris Wofford, a former senator from Pennsylvania who helped form the Peace Corps during his time in the Kennedy administration. As he introduced Mr. Obama to the crowd, Mr. Wofford said he had not felt as inspired “since the days of John Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King.”

“Barack Obama has picked up the torch that they lit,” Mr. Wofford said.

"Public Service" is a euphemism meaning to be a tic on the ass of society.

Listening -

Your first mistake may be to assume that everyone who disagrees with you "doesn't get it".

Every so often it is worth forgetting partisan loyalty, and actually taking a look at your own party as if you were seeing it for the first time.

Start by asking yourself what Romney's position on abortions, coal or tax cuts for the rich REALLY are.

You might then ask yourself why newspapers like the Washington Post decribe Romney's economic policies as "ruinous" and why EU banks are considering downgrading US investment if Romney wins.

Stop with the fatherly lectures.

You can cut this any way you want...and the fact remains we have a weak, incompetent, divisive moron for a POTUS and giving him a second term is like playing Russian Roulette with a full magazine.

The Washington Post is hardly a 'step back' and European banks can say anything they like. It would be completely stupid for them to downgrade our investement in front of his taking office....but you can keep that if you want.

I could really care less if Europe fell into the Ocean and if we have a hard time getting money...maybe we'll stop borrowing so much.

Kaz -

I think many people felt Romney was a moderate - given his healthcare package and attitude towards coal - but now he has totally reversed his posiition on those topics.

Conservatives should be concerned about both the flip-flopping and the fact that their candidate seems to be stuck in about 1976, but few seem to be.

So I can't be a conservative and push for health care reform at the state level ?

Why is that ?

Listening -

My only concern about his position on coal and tax cuts is that he might reverse himself and cave-in to the libturd position on those issues. I sure as hell wouldn't vote for anyone who endorsed Obama's position on them.

As for abortion, the chances that Roe V. Wade will be overturned are statically indistinguishable from zero.

Last edited:
Listening -

My only concern about his position on coal and tax cuts is that he might reverse himself and cave into the libturd position on those issues. I sure as hell would vote for anyone who endorsed Obama's position on them.

As for abortion, the chances that Roe V. Wade will be overturned are statically indistinguishable from zero.

Someone has to provide some leadership and infuse some confidence into the economy.

Obama could not fix it (whatever that means...) and Romney is no silver bullet.

There are hard choices to be made as we try to reconcile the fact that you can't have as many people living off the government as we do.

And that means, getting rid of Obamacare.

As for abortion....you can keep it. I really don't care. That is so far down on my list, I never think about it.

I'll reiterate: the left/right lens is a dangerously deceptive over-simplification. Romney is a right-leaning authoritarian corporatist. Obama is a left-leaning authoritarian corporatist. Neither is "moderate".

You're fine with it when they exceed their authority to ostensibly achieve ends with which you agree, so cry me a river.

And the EPA is just another big protection racket.

The EPA is a government agency, and it has specific marching orders. Under SOME administrations it has the ability to carry out those orders. Some other administrations underfund them for the duh re me that funds their election campaigns. Their authority is that of the federal government. Oh the fucking HORROR that it does its fucking JOB.

You are insane.

I'm insane? The rational ins and outs of government policy and its implementation is insane? You're so far beyond lost what little sense you were born with that you would probably fail the ten question cognitive test required to manage your own affairs.

The EPA is a government agency, and it has specific marching orders. Under SOME administrations it has the ability to carry out those orders. Some other administrations underfund them for the duh re me that funds their election campaigns. Their authority is that of the federal government. Oh the fucking HORROR that it does its fucking JOB.

You are insane.

I'm insane? The rational ins and outs of government policy and its implementation is insane? You're so far beyond lost what little sense you were born with that you would probably fail the ten question cognitive test required to manage your own affairs.

While not the 'final word' this line goes with a reasonable argument to abolish the EPA. I'm not in favor of that, but this thread could sway me.

You are insane.

While not the 'final word' this line goes with a reasonable argument to abolish the EPA. I'm not in favor of that, but this thread could sway me.

OMG Annie, now I'm really scared. We have lost YOU as a protector of the environment.

Hmmmm, I thought Romney was a moderate.....that is why losertarians hate him.

Oh, just more desperation from liberal scum...making up lies about the GOP to hopefully show in-fighting and weakness for voters before the election.

The only thing the EPA protects are the huge corporations that can afford to comply with their racketeering disguised as regulation.

Yea, it is just a conspiracy...poisons are really good for you.

Not a conspiracy at all...It's as natural as flowing downhill.

Good to hear you've come out of the closet as a shill for big bidness, Jethro. :thup:

Oh, so big business is going to pollute anyways, so why bother.

Why is it Jethro, that the America you far right wing regressives envision would look and reek exactly like communist Russia and China?

The only thing the EPA protects are the huge corporations that can afford to comply with their racketeering disguised as regulation.

Oh like chlroine....it causes cancer......if you drink a million gallons of it in a day.....those kinds of stuides are shit....and that's what the EPA runs off of....
and guess what our products then end up costing TONS of money....

Oh like chlroine....it causes cancer......if you drink a million gallons of it in a day.....those kinds of stuides are shit....and that's what the EPA runs off of....
and guess what our products then end up costing TONS of money....

Yea...

eef60e861615a7ab4c78124eaaf0a36e_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Not a conspiracy at all...It's as natural as flowing downhill.

Good to hear you've come out of the closet as a shill for big bidness, Jethro. :thup:

Oh, so big business is going to pollute anyways, so why bother.

Why is it Jethro, that the America you far right wing regressives envision would look and reek exactly like communist Russia and China?
Big bidness loves big regulation....They're also the ones that can afford the lobbyists to write even more regulations, that their competitors can't afford to comply with.

And you have the gall to snivel and wring your hands about "corporate capture"....What a corporate lackey tool you are! :lol:

Forum List

Back