Hard Luck Hank Series

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Occasionally you just want brain candy.
I read all kinds of books. Almost every genre.
Sometimes I don't want anything serious... just an enjoyable story.

Hard Luck Hank fills that desire wonderfully. My son turned me onto this series years ago.
I have read all 9 books, reading the latest one now.
It is sci-fi comedy. A story of a mutant man who has a unique difference than anyone else - his body is extremely dense. This has many advantages - if you shoot him in the head, point blank, with a 357 magnum - the effect will be "Ow! why did you do that for??!"

If you just want to laugh sometimes, and just feed your brain some chocolates.... try this series:

luck.jpg

My amazon searches for something good to read is crowded with stuff like this. Science fiction is dead.

My amazon searches for something good to read is crowded with stuff like this. Science fiction is dead.
No
The problem is there are waaaaaaaaaaaay too many books.
Anyone can get a book on Amazon. There are many companies that will "publish" anything, no matter how bad it is.
One of my customers is this company - https://www.authorsolutions.com/

Their business is suckering in wannabe writers.
1) Send us your sucky "book".
2) We will make a snazzy cover for you (usually created by Chinese drones)
3) We will take care of getting your ISBN stuff
4) then send you 10 books and put it on Amazon

In return you pay them $100's - even $1000s - and if you are lucky - you might sell one or two outside of your immediate family.

No
The problem is there are waaaaaaaaaaaay too many books.
Anyone can get a book on Amazon. There are many companies that will "publish" anything, no matter how bad it is.
One of my customers is this company - https://www.authorsolutions.com/

Their business is suckering in wannabe writers.
1) Send us your sucky "book".
2) We will make a snazzy cover for you (usually created by Chinese drones)
3) We will take care of getting your ISBN stuff
4) then send you 10 books and put it on Amazon

In return you pay them $100's - even $1000s - and if you are lucky - you might sell one or two outside of your immediate family.
"Hard" Sci-fi has been reduced to maybe a couple of reliably good authors. Practically everything else is garbage. Re-reading the classics is a drag as well because they are the most expensive titles on Amazon. Why the hell are they charging $15 for a fifty year-old book on kindle?

"Hard" Sci-fi has been reduced to maybe a couple of reliably good authors. Practically everything else is garbage. Re-reading the classics is a drag as well because they are the most expensive titles on Amazon. Why the hell are they charging $15 for a fifty year-old book on kindle?
I liked this series....
aa.jpg

Well fuck. I can't imagine a movie of Hyperion that is any good. It would take a project bigger than LOTR to do it justice.
That is how I felt about Enders Game.... and I was of course right.
The movie barely scratched the surface of the book

And then there is the disaster of the Halo series....

That is how I felt about Enders Game.... and I was of course right.
The movie barely scratched the surface of the book

And then there is the disaster of the Halo series....
Or "The Gunslinger". That movie made me gag in places. Hollywood cannot adapt a sci-fi or fantasy novel successfully no matter what.

Forum List

Back