Harbinger? Texas Border Town With 85% Hispanic Population Flips Red, Elects Republican Mayor!!!

It was a non-partisan race. So instead of (D) and (R) being the basis of the vote perhaps it was settled on basis of an Anglo (Veronica Whitacre) vs Latino (Javier Villalobos) name? A quick check tells me that McAllan is two-thirds Hispanic.

It was a non-partisan race. So instead of (D) and (R) being the basis of the vote perhaps it was settled on basis of an Anglo (Veronica Whitacre) vs Latino (Javier Villalobos) name? A quick check tells me that McAllan is two-thirds Hispanic.
An attorney? Perhaps he can show us the express Immigration clause in our federal Constitution to bear True witness instead of False witness to.

Upgrade Ellis Island to solve our illegal problem.
Sure, that'll do it. LOL Now you're going to need a way to get them from the southern border to New York City. Let me guess, upgrade cruise lines to solve our illegal problem.
Only right-wingers don't really really believe in Capitalism.
Which doesn't address what I said at all. If you're going to post things that have nothing to do with what I said, don't quote me.
How did so many people from across an ocean get to Ellis Island instead of Mexico to cross the border?
They came from Europe on ships. That's why I asked if you were proposing that we upgrade cruise lines to get them from the Mexican border to New York. See, there were regular trips from Europe to America. There are no regular ships going from the Mexican border to New York. You keep yammering about Ellis Island but never offer any idea how we're going to get them there.

Capitalism, What is That sayeth the right-wing. I have read that some people pay up to several thousand dollars to smugglers. The private sector could easily accommodate that price range and provide better service and reduce pressure on our southern border.

Capitalism, What is That sayeth the right-wing. I have read that some people pay up to several thousand dollars to smugglers. The private sector could easily accommodate that price range and provide better service and reduce pressure on our southern border.
You want the American taxpayer to foot the bill to get immigrants from the Mexican border to New York?

What gets you farther…. A work ethic or entitlement payments?
Is that why black codes were invented; to make sure those persons didn't get as far?
Where are there Black codes?
Where is there equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States? Are blacks not affected.
There is equal protection. The law doesn't care if you're black, white, red or green. If you quit a job, you can't collect UC. Equal protection abounds for all. This should be interesting, how do you think a law that is totally colorblind amounts to a black code? You get extra points if you construct an actual sentence.

Latinos want to work and keep the most of their paycheck. Democrats will dump them like they did working white men.
Right-wingers insist on a work ethic in at-will employment States; almost like the good olde days.
There's a reason why they were the good old days, because people had pride in their ability and responsibility to provide for themselves and their families. No one took welfare unless they really needed to, and got off it as fast as possible.

You want the American taxpayer to foot the bill to get immigrants from the Mexican border to New York?
Re-read what I wrote.

Is that why black codes were invented; to make sure those persons didn't get as far?
Where is there equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States? Are blacks not affected.
There is equal protection. The law doesn't care if you're black, white, red or green. If you quit a job, you can't collect UC. Equal protection abounds for all. This should be interesting, how do you think a law that is totally colorblind amounts to a black code? You get extra points if you construct an actual sentence.
You miss the point. The law is employment at will. This is what that means:

At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

There is no lawful basis to deny or disparage that legal right via public policies.

Latinos want to work and keep the most of their paycheck. Democrats will dump them like they did working white men.
Right-wingers insist on a work ethic in at-will employment States; almost like the good olde days.
There's a reason why they were the good old days, because people had pride in their ability and responsibility to provide for themselves and their families. No one took welfare unless they really needed to, and got off it as fast as possible.
Not as far as I am concerned. It was only ignorance of economics that enabled that attitude. Otherwise, corporate welfare would have never been created.

Re-read what I wrote.
I did. You don't make any more sense the second time around. You think we could solve our southern border problem by re-opening Ellis Island but have no way to get the immigrants from the border to New York, and what you would do with them once they got there.

You miss the point. The law is employment at will. This is what that means:

At-will employment is generally described as follows: "any hiring is presumed to be 'at will'; that is, the employer is free to discharge individuals 'for good cause, or bad cause, or no cause at all,' and the employee is equally free to quit, strike, or otherwise cease work."

There is no lawful basis to deny or disparage that legal right via public policies.
I know. We've been through this, and you're STILL the only one that thinks there's any disparagement. There isn't in case you forgot.

Forum List

Back